New to the game........Angling mates wanted desperately!!!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New to the game........Angling mates wanted desperately!!!

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:27 am

noodle wrote:dont beleive everything you here this is probably my worst pike season ever

most of the lure fishing stuff you know will be transferable, i dont know if the jerkbait style of fishing hit South Africa though so that may be new
Jerkbait style of fishing??? Us South Africans only started wearing shoes & socks about 5 years ago... LMFAO Razz
No seriously, SA is quite advanced on the fishing front and all the latest fishing trends are known and readilly available. I think very little remains a secret for long nowadays with access to satilite tv and the internet.
On a positive note, I have got all my gear together and will be hitting the water for some serious piking bright and early tomorrow morning................. will let you guys know how it went.
Will also be going through my pics this afternoon and hopefully be posting some more fishing pics from SA this evening.......

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:22 pm

Well lads, you asked me to post some more pics of fish I have caught over in South Africa so here they are...........(my apologies for the quality of some of the photos)
Firstly, my Cob of 40Kg's (88 lbs) which I caught at 7:00am on the morning of 13 January 2007 using an octopus/pilchard mixed grill bait.
The monster took me 45 minutes to tame but unfortunately could not be revived for release after capture and sadly died....... Crying or Very sad
These formidable fish frequent the coastline as well as estuaries which are permanently open to the ocean. They have been known to grow in excess of 70Kg's but these leviathans are few and far between and sizes from a Kg to 5Kg are caught as the norm.
They are a preditory fish which will readily take lure and livebait as well as a variety of deadbaits.....
[img][/img][img][/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:38 pm

Next, the "White Steenbras" which I have caught up to 14 Kg's (30,8 lbs)...............(once again, apologies for the quality of some of the photos)
They are strong fighters which can strip large volumes of line from the reel in surging bursts of brute power giving the the reputation of being refered to as "the steamtrain of the ocean". Again, they frequent the coastline and estuaries of South Africa and are also known for their annual "run" on the coast of Namibia (Skeleton Coast).
Their diet comprises a variety soft baits which include marine worm, prawn, crab, shellfish etc.
[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  greg on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:53 pm

good fotos bud, hope you have just as much fun over here.
greg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:23 pm

Somne good fish there matey
Lefty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:09 am

GONE FISHING..................... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:34 pm

well i wont be out for a while broke me leg well the quad muscle ligament or something like that anyway
noodle

View user profile http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  greg on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:59 pm

Shocked how did you do that then.
greg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:03 pm

Shocked Shocked Sounds painfull noodle !!

I hope you get well soon mate Surprised

Adie
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:25 pm

how did i do my leg good question im not sure myself i knocked it in work on sunday on a trailer and swore a little but carried on working for another five hours on ityes it hurt but not seriously so

got home (painfull driving home ill grant you) and couldnt walk up stairs so im kipping on the floor down stairs as we have double couches (doh)

the knock i hadseems most likley but i stuggle to believe so much damage can come from something so insignificant

ive seriously hurt myself in teh past and known about it right away the only one i didnt was when i 'broke' my rotator collar, cuff whatever its called in your shoulder a little fall rock climbing did that. i did carry on climbing for a few more hours though on that trying to 'walk it off' as it were
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:06 am

Sorry to hear about the leg noodle..

Where's Duane..? How did he get on, we wonder? Shocked

Bazz

View user profile http://nottspac.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:40 pm

Jeez lads..............sorry about the delay in responding but my bloody laptop decided to crash!!! It's sorted now and I am very much back on line.......
Sorry to hear about your leg Noodle.................hope it heals in a big hurry 'cause I think the pike bug may have bitten me. Laughing
Went to the spot which Noodle recommended but did not even get a chase on a lure, although I did see two young pike which would not be enticed no matter what I tried. I must however be honest and say that I would have been extremely surprised if I had caught, considering it was the first bit of fishing I had done in ages. All considered, it was still great to be out, throwing a lure about, and generally enjoying nature and the fresh air!!!
I tried to have a chat to a couple of blokes down there but nobody seemed overly friendly so I just stuck to myself and enjoyed the outing and experience.
I will definately be returning again this weekend to give it another bash..........
Once again, thanks for the tips and advice thus far..........

Duane

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz on Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:58 pm

Stick with it & enjoy Smile

I hope you go next week & pull a 22lb er out and the same two unfriendly blokes are there to see it mate, then they would have something to talk about Razz Wink

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:11 pm

unfortunately there is alot of secrecy and ignorance among alot of anglers these days duane, its just something you get used to over time. just dont let it bring you down cos we're not all like that Very Happy
robh107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz on Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:32 pm

robh107 wrote:unfortunately there is alot of secrecy and ignorance among alot of anglers these days duane, its just something you get used to over time. just dont let it bring you down cos we're not all like that Very Happy

too true Rob

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:23 pm

well the place he is going too is in wiagan and the locals still eat pike (im not kidding im from wiganish) so the will either be idiots you get everywhere or posibly seriousish pikers, and dont take this the wrong way duane.

they may have thought this new chap with a strange accent was after taking pike for the pot
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:26 pm

I worked with a Pole & a Dutch Afrikaan for 5 yrs, they talk very differently Razz

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:50 pm

Bazz wrote:I worked with a Pole & a Dutch Afrikaan for 5 yrs, they talk very differently Razz

yup you know the difference but have you heard a wigan accent?
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:42 am

Yes mate, i'm from Southport Twisted Evil

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:19 am

Bazz wrote:Yes mate, i'm from Southport Twisted Evil

fair enough y accent has been moderated by living elsewhere so i now get called scouse when im out of the northwest,that is most infuriating
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:09 am

And I'm 50% Scottish, 100% Yorkshire and nobody seems to be able to tell. Rolling Eyes
Lefty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:28 pm

No worries chaps (Hakuna Matata)........................... I am as thick skinned as a rhino when I wat to be and don't let those type of things bother me - I am who I am and if people aren't prepared to even give me a chance before jumping to conclusions and judging me, then it is their loss and they are, in my opinion, not worth knowing anyway.
I don't have time for politics, personal issues or uninformed sensitiveties.........with me it is a case of "what you see is what you get"..................I welcome friendship but will not beg for it.
Bottom line is that it won't stop me having a good time and doing a bit of fishing.
Uhmmmmm................I think it is time for me to get off my soap box now??? tongue

Back to top Go down

Post  greg on Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:18 pm

duane wrote:No worries chaps (Hakuna Matata)........................... I am as thick skinned as a rhino when I wat to be and don't let those type of things bother me - I am who I am and if people aren't prepared to even give me a chance before jumping to conclusions and judging me, then it is their loss and they are, in my opinion, not worth knowing anyway.
I don't have time for politics, personal issues or uninformed sensitiveties.........with me it is a case of "what you see is what you get"..................I welcome friendship but will not beg for it.
Bottom line is that it won't stop me having a good time and doing a bit of fishing.
Uhmmmmm................I think it is time for me to get off my soap box now??? tongue

there are times the "A" holes win, keep your chin up Very Happy Very Happy
greg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:54 pm

Too true Greg.
Weather permitting, I want to go give it a bash again tomorrow................will let you guys know how it went.
Bit of advice though................what are the best times of the day to be trying for pike?

Back to top Go down

Post  greg on Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:11 pm

its rare for me to do pike fishing in the morning, mostly afternoon running into night time for me. but most on here say first thing in the morning gets them results. enjoy
greg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top