PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OUR DAY OUT DEADBAITING

4 posters

Go down

OUR DAY OUT DEADBAITING Empty OUR DAY OUT DEADBAITING

Post  Alex Makk Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:33 pm

This trip, started off that in return for bazz takin me lure fishing at one of 'his' venues so i taken him to one of my 'local' ponds. rumours has that they are FULL of pike (i believe in this!) Cool. As i'm mainly a lure person the venue dont allow them because of the match fishermen complaining and that water fowl chase them.........(they seem to get their way Grrrr)Mad with a slight problem i asked bazz to show me how deadbaiting works(which is allowed but i hadn't a clue to do it), He agrees to show me the tricks and lend me a bit of his gear and bait.2 rods me 2 rods bazz...(THANKS BAZZ) Very Happy at about 8:30am we arrived at a spot (thank god it was vacant) cheers which takes my favour for all types of fish (roach,perch, pike and carp)and started to kit out. once all is sorted i put the 'kettle on' for brews after a while the alarms were beeping as if something was checking' the offer out(lamprey) i asked bazz if it was a fish or something he was uncertain as he asked me if there were Eels, No was the answer i then told him that there are crayfish in there and asked him if it could be them and No. it soon stopped around 12:00 Suspect Car pulled up at the back of us i was thinking 'tuff luck budd we were here first' i could see bazz thinking the same Wink lol! soon buggered off...After dinner Bazz shown me how to make snap rigs...Just after I mean JUST AFTER BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP bazz jumped up to get the rod while i was still messing with a rig i soon noticed and watched him striking ' GET THE NET' was ordered Shocked and i scrambled for it, dunked it below the water and within a second a pike was at the net.... SPLASH the pike went scoop i went. It soon was on the bank...Two blokes came up whilst unhooking was in progress saying stuff(i didn't quiet hear them) so i just carried on Rolling Eyes Photo time i said and bazz told me it's 'his' first fish for a while
OUR DAY OUT DEADBAITING Dscf0911

GUESS THE WEIGHT

OUR DAY OUT DEADBAITING Dscf0913
with fish safely unhooked and released i noticed bazz was bloody so i administrated first aid
we settled down for half a hour at BASE CAMP PIKE ONE

Half a hour passed and it was time for a cuppa and to check on the rods.........changed bait aswell....noticed bailiff len popped round to check up on us. had a good moan about the lure rule (he agrees with me) Shocked he went and the rest of the afternoon there was no life.... started to get dark and Bazz said this is the time the pike should be out for a lamprey takeaway so i was on my tiptoes as we packed up bivvies and left the rods till last............. Thats basically how the day went I enjoyed it and so did bazz.............

Last edited by MrMakk on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

OUR DAY OUT DEADBAITING Empty Re: OUR DAY OUT DEADBAITING

Post  Bazz Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:00 pm

Yes.., guess who went fishing without his spring scales today? Rolling Eyes lol!

The fish seemed bigger than it looks on here, it looks about 4lbs on this photo but I am claiming it was 6! cheers

Fear not, it is MY BLOOD dripping down off the fingers, not the Pike's! I got hooked up on a treble at the root of my thumb, Alex insisted on pouring freezing cold bottled water on me...!

Strange but enjoyable day, Alex was most unlucky to not have a fish, his rods were getting "twitched" regularly.. :afraid: Something was interested, particularly in the Lamprey sections..., bait of the day! Only one proper run all day, full blooded & resulted in my little Jack Very Happy

Dead lucky with the weather, we were going to fish tomorrow but heard the forecast! As we packed the Bivvies etc.. away, it started to rain & go dark.

Bazz

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:04 pm

Looks like you lads had a good time.......................I am hoping to get out a bit tomorrow as they are predicting some decent weather in our area for a change...... bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:07 pm

Go for it, Duane.. Very Happy Wink

Let us know how it goes.. Cool

Tight lines Basketball

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:10 pm

duane wrote:Looks like you lads had a good time.......................I am hoping to get out a bit tomorrow as they are predicting some decent weather in our area for a change...... bounce bounce bounce

remember to wrap up warm, good luck

Tight lines
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:13 pm

will do, thanks lads...............hopefully I can report back positively tomorrow night? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Trent Piker Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:59 am

Good fishing Makk/Bazz I've fished that spot many times myself

Some very rare pics there - Bazz with a fish Razz Laughing Wink
Trent Piker
Trent Piker

http://www.trentpiker.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:15 pm

Trent Piker wrote:Good fishing Makk/Bazz I've fished that spot many times myself

I know Dazz even bazz said that's rare after i took it.... Laughing i do apologise about not contacting you... there was a misshap with your no. 447..(dont work)..... bazz told me the correct way for doing it, so i shall get in contact net trip round
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Trent Piker Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:04 pm

No probs MrMakk, I wouldn't have been able to make it yesterday anyway. I've not been fishing for aaaages
Change the 447 to 07, 0797787xxxx and give me a quick text if you want next time you're out local Very Happy
Trent Piker
Trent Piker

http://www.trentpiker.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:18 pm

Trent Piker wrote:No probs MrMakk, I wouldn't have been able to make it yesterday anyway. I've not been fishing for aaaages
Change the 447 to 07, 0797787xxxx and give me a quick text if you want next time you're out local Very Happy

will do..........
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Well done Bazz, Very Happy

Steve French

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:19 pm

Trent Piker wrote:Good fishing Makk/Bazz I've fished that spot many times myself

Lets hope the "spot" isn't too obvious to everybody who view this forum, Daz! Not that people will be queing up to catch a Pike of that size.

I have persevered for session after session this Autumn, every weekend,, without a fish... so this little fish was very welcome Very Happy Wink

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:28 pm

Bazz wrote:

Lets hope the "spot" isn't too obvious to everybody who view this forum, Daz! Not that people will be queing up to catch a Pike of that size.

I have persevered for session after session this Autumn, every weekend,, without a fish... so this little fish was very welcome Very Happy Wink

I think its not to obvious bazz......it should be me, you and Dazz that should know this venue
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:50 pm

Just shown my uncle my story today,,,he says it's decent text and that it should be sent to a fishing magazine??????

what do you reckon lads ?
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:12 pm

Bazz wrote:

Fear not, it is MY BLOOD dripping down off the fingers, not the Pike's! I got hooked up on a treble at the root of my thumb, Alex insisted on pouring freezing cold bottled water on me...!

Bazz

I insisted on pouring fresh water from a bottle as i didn't want you to get a infection Rolling Eyes
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down