Greys prowla fledger boom.............

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Greys prowla fledger boom.............

Post  noodle on Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:20 pm

esoxjeff wrote:
robh107 wrote:also..... (just to fry your brains some more lol)...... how does the size of the lead affect the fish's ability to throw the hooks during the fight?? i'd imagine it has to have some effect Question Question scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

no comment . leave that to the geeks lol!

big sharp barby hooks hook heave and land
noodle

View user profile http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:22 pm

MrMakk wrote:Guys interesting until page 3...them I'm lost........... what i think you saying is Use only 2oz leads on still and 3oz on river?? I'm just not familiar with ledgering fer pike Rolling Eyes

easy way to work this one out if in doubt chuck four ounce out

seriously though throw the biggest lead you can for better indication more than anything else.

if your using floats then it isnt the right approach to take though in the main, this is were a more ballanced approach comes into its own

allow me to elaborate if you use a bottom only float with a 4 ounce lead the pike has to move the line through the run ring (or smivel etc) to move the float. this is down to the fact the pike doesnt physically move the lead and in picking the fish updoesnt realy alter the weight ratio between fish and weight which in turn balances the float against the line tension put in at the rod end. on the same float and bait 2 swan shot (or whatever balances the set up) may be used when the pike picks the bait up the combined weight of fish and shot will be dramatically reduced thus giving indication on the float. for this same reason its why loaded floats are not a good choice in my opinion as the only rise a little having weight in the base well away from where the movment occurs
noodle

View user profile http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:51 pm

noodle wrote:for this same reason its why loaded floats are not a good choice in my opinion as the only rise a little having weight in the base well away from where the movment occurs

Couldn't agree more, Noodle. Loaded floats when float ledgering don't work properly. However, I have used them for fishing a suspended bait at close range.

Andy

Andy Webster

View user profile http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top