PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trigger or not?

3 posters

Go down

Trigger or not? Empty Trigger or not?

Post  wayne the pain Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:27 pm

Just to ask if anyone uses rods with a trigger grip or not, advantages and disadvantages? Shocked
wayne the pain
wayne the pain

Back to top Go down

Trigger or not? Empty Re: Trigger or not?

Post  Andy Macfarlane Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:25 am

I answered this on the PikeForum for you (Zungaro) but I thought I'd copy it for here too seeing as you asked and some folk might be interested in the answer.

"They give you more rod control and they also stop you having the rod ripped from your hands when using retrieve styles other than straight retrieves, where you'd normally have a tight grip on the rod.
With some lures, like glide-baits for instance, your grip on the rod can be very loose because the action you employ means you don't have a solid grip on the handle, so the trigger offers grip, safety and control."
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Slidze Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:54 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:
"They give you more rod control and they also stop you having the rod ripped from your hands when using retrieve styles other than straight retrieves, where you'd normally have a tight grip on the rod.
With some lures, like glide-baits for instance, your grip on the rod can be very loose because the action you employ means you don't have a solid grip on the handle, so the trigger offers grip, safety and control."

Nice reply Cool

Can't really add to that cyclops
Slidze
Slidze

http://slidzenicely.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum