PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pike kebabs.

3 posters

Go down

pike kebabs. Empty pike kebabs.

Post  nickcarpy Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:40 am

no,not made of pike or on a eastern european menu.question as anybody used them? Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

pike kebabs. Empty Re: pike kebabs.

Post  wolfie Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:10 am

ive used them and also watched mick brown use them to good effect imo they are best used when you are fishing a prebaited spot where the fish are used to picking up small chunks of fish
wolfie
wolfie

http://www.pikeforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:50 am

thanks for reply mate,did u fish them on a hair rig?if so was it made out of wire or stiff line?any trouble with eels munchin on them pal Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfie Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:03 am

the hair was a continuation of my trace so yes it was wire and i never experienced an eel problem altho saying that in the early part of the seasoni could see this as being a problem but with fishing it over a prebaited spot i think the pike in the area was keep the eels away
wolfie
wolfie

http://www.pikeforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:45 am

thanks for reply m8.do u fish single hook as same as carp rigs or do you use two trebles an also cover with meat?hope you dont mind helping pal Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:16 pm

Try 49 strand for the hair and singles. Some folk use kimble guns (the t-shaped tags for clothing labels and tagging fish) for attaching hair-rigged deadbaits and kebabs.

pike kebabs. Long-Needle-Tag-Gun

*PS: Don't go and buy a kimble gun for tagging fish unless you know EXACTLY where to put the needle*
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:20 pm

cheers andy,still trying to get me head round it thou.reason been if you av it like a carp rig how long do you have the hair?next question'if you av hair the hair abt 6ince long[average size i use deadbaits]and the hooks above it whats the hooking percentage like?would it be better the hook been in the middle?my reason of thinking is because the main percentage of pike strike and get the fish in the middle so that bit means a slim chance of hooking or pulling bait out on strike.if you had the hook in middle surley you hook more?whats everybody esle,s veiws or ideas? Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:20 pm

just typed mick brown in on google,loads of info plus links for free downloads on pike dvds by the man himself.with them ago 2morra.anyone fishing this weekend? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum