PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pike kebab rig with a hair.

+7
nickcarpy
The Otter
adie1200
deadbait
greg
stubbo
bull
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

pike kebab rig with a hair. Empty pike kebab rig with a hair.

Post  bull Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:12 pm

here,s a picci of the rig.
pike kebab rig with a hair. 7d99_1_b
a simple rig which only has one treble then the hair, size 4 hook or size 2, use a clinch knot when threading through the eye, then back through to give yourself the hair.
length of the hair depends on bait used, but normally 4 inch, use popup on a hinge trace or float.
here,s the picci with the bait.
pike kebab rig with a hair. 360b_1
cheers.

bull

Back to top Go down

pike kebab rig with a hair. Empty Re: pike kebab rig with a hair.

Post  stubbo Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:20 pm

better with that treble than a single i thinks mate Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:33 pm

bull wrote:here,s a picci of the rig.
pike kebab rig with a hair. 7d99_1_b
a simple rig which only has one treble then the hair, size 4 hook or size 2, use a clinch knot when threading through the eye, then back through to give yourself the hair.
length of the hair depends on bait used, but normally 4 inch, use popup on a hinge trace or float.
here,s the picci with the bait.
pike kebab rig with a hair. 360b_1
cheers.

what do you or the pike benifit from a hair rig......
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  deadbait Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:34 pm

a whole roach stabbed a few times would do the same Very Happy
deadbait
deadbait

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:37 pm

Its just another method to our armoury Very Happy

Maybe it will work on some days when you can't buy a bite on any other method Wink Very Happy

Always worth trying something new You never know it might just work Laughing Laughing

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:41 pm

adie1200 wrote:Its just another method to our armoury Very Happy

Maybe it will work on some days when you can't buy a bite on any other method Wink Very Happy

Always worth trying something new You never know it might just work Laughing Laughing

Adie

you have a point adie. most of the time you try and present the bait as best as you can. then this, just chop it up hook it up n throw it out. one extreme to another.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  The Otter Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:47 pm

Got to agree with ADIE1200 on this one, from the recent FISH IN think that we have all learned a lesson from those crafty gits. Last night i spent tying a few single hook traces, 18inch of ESOX Titanium wire, one 2/0 wide gape hook, took it from the article in angling times with old Mick Brown, looks good just need to put it to the test. I do agree the more armour that we have the better catch rate we shall have and personnally i think ESOX is not a stupid as alot of people think! Rolling Eyes
The Otter
The Otter

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:53 pm

The Otter wrote:Got to agree with ADIE1200 on this one, from the recent FISH IN think that we have all learned a lesson from those crafty gits. Last night i spent tying a few single hook traces, 18inch of ESOX Titanium wire, one 2/0 wide gape hook, took it from the article in angling times with old Mick Brown, looks good just need to put it to the test. I do agree the more armour that we have the better catch rate we shall have and personnally i think ESOX is not a stupid as alot of people think! Rolling Eyes

Rolling Eyes your point Rolling Eyes
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  The Otter Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:12 pm

The thing that i am trying to get at is that i think that we all need to pass on different rigs and idea which is good, as i know on some days that i dont now what else to do and sit most of the day scratching my head
The Otter
The Otter

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:24 pm

The Otter wrote:The thing that i am trying to get at is that i think that we all need to pass on different rigs and idea which is good, as i know on some days that i dont now what else to do and sit most of the day scratching my head

aye, its worth a try. from what i've read about it. it has been around for a while.
some use popups with them, but a few lads up here are convinced the popups put the pike of taking the bait. rather than take the bait from the top, thay try to take it from the bottom.
thats their views tho. we all have a favourite way of fishing for pike. some are simple some are not. Very Happy
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:28 pm

pike kebabs surely give more scent out than a full bait?would best fish aswell when you prebaited with chucks/chopped fish.. Question Question
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:39 pm

scratch . well would i be safe saying no more than a herring with its head cut off.
cutting the bait up into say 3-4 sections. will the oils wash out faster. if it does will we change our bait sooner rather than later.
sections will have a stronger scent, but for how long in the water.
mixing it with your prebait, well worth trying.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Greg,

The problem I see with your rig is (and please take this as constructive criticism) is that by using the head and tail rather than just fish steaks like the Mick brown kebab rig, it actually looks like a fish. If given enought time the Pike may turn the bait in its mouth and swallow it head first and bearing in mind you have a treble at the head end it can only cause trouble for the Pike! affraid

I envy your enthusiasm for finding new ways of presenting a bait but I think your rig may need tweaking slightly for the good of the Pike. Wink
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:12 pm

nightwatchman wrote:Greg,

The problem I see with your rig is (and please take this as constructive criticism) is that by using the head and tail rather than just fish steaks like the Mick brown kebab rig, it actually looks like a fish. If given enought time the Pike may turn the bait in its mouth and swallow it head first and bearing in mind you have a treble at the head end it can only cause trouble for the Pike! affraid

I envy your enthusiasm for finding new ways of presenting a bait but I think your rig may need tweaking slightly for the good of the Pike. Wink

Its not Gregs rig lol! lol! lol!
It was Bull that put it on Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:28 pm

lol! lol! . i see where your coming from bud. you would rather them be stacked on top of one and other.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:34 pm

adie1200 wrote:

Its not Gregs rig lol! lol! lol!
It was Bull that put it on Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i'm just no keen on the hair rig adie, i'm no saying it's no gonni work. it will.
acht a micht gee it a try Exclamation
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Its always worth giving it a try mate Wink Very Happy Very Happy
To be honest i've not tried it yet but i intend to Wink Laughing

I know Bas from Cellars told me someone has tried it there and has good results with it and the pike there are crafty bugger lol!
I've never known pike get off the hook like they do scratch Shocked Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:55 pm

i'm just no keen on the hair rig adie, i'm no saying it's no gonni work. it will.
acht a micht gee it a try Exclamation

pike kebab rig with a hair. 106-56
greg

nicely put Greg, and in an accsent as well pike kebab rig with a hair. Icon_biggrin ,
i'm impressed pike kebab rig with a hair. Lol
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:56 pm

adie1200 wrote:Its always worth giving it a try mate Wink Very Happy Very Happy

I know Bas from Cellars told me someone has tried it there and has good results with it and the pike there are crafty bugger lol!

Adie

aye worth a try. is it slow in here tonight or what. am startin to feel like a fart in a space suit Very Happy
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:56 pm

greg wrote:
adie1200 wrote:Its always worth giving it a try mate Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Adie

aye worth a try. is it slow in here tonight or what. am startin to feel like a fart in a space suit Very Happy

pike kebab rig with a hair. Lol pike kebab rig with a hair. Lol pike kebab rig with a hair. Lol pike kebab rig with a hair. Lol
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  bull Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:25 pm

thks lads 4 your input its just thinking outside the box, doing something different that the pike might not have seen on a certain water and might give you the edge, when you think of the waters you fish there,s no sea fish swimming about only what we take and use.
its the bigger picture, like some use 3 treble,s on there bait 2 stuck in the bait the middle one loose, just something to try when everything else fails, and if it does and your there with a nice 5lb,er or bigger you know something has worked its not just smelling the flowers and seeing the wildlife, just enjoy yourselfs and enjoy the fishing wether you catch or not.
we all have aims and goals, and that doesn,t mean kicking the ball into the back of a net.
once again thks and enjoy. Smile

bull

Back to top Go down

Post  dave78 Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:05 am

i've try'd a similar method to this............

i was having a hard day in the cold, think it was only -5
Shocked

i was ledgering mackeral tails and sardines all day with only one slight beep on the buzzer, i decided to pop a bait up using a cork ball i had in my box as a change might bring a fish, chopping a large sardine to use just the tail, i decided to stick both sections on, back to front ( i must have been bored lol )
it looked good in the margines as i try'd it out ,so i chucked her out.............. a run within 10 mins and my first,and only fish of the day, 9 1/2 lb
same sort of idea, just on a normal 2 treble trace and 12" suspened from the bottom, now weather or not it was the split fish or just the presentaion of the bottom who knows, but if you never try, you never know Very Happy Very Happy
dave78
dave78

Back to top Go down

Post  The Otter Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:45 pm

Agree with you dave if you don't try you don't get, I will try this method tomorroow and try and give an update if any tomorrow evening. Just hope that I don't get too hungry and the kebab looks too good and I try it myself!
The Otter
The Otter

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:17 pm

So if you shrink Bulls rig and pop it up like Dave's rig, what do you get?

pike kebab rig with a hair. 07_-_544_WEB_OF_07_-_407_copyright_AT-228x355

Think I've seen this before somewhere? Laughing
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  dave78 Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:52 am

nightwatchman wrote:So if you shrink Bulls rig and pop it up like Dave's rig, what do you get?

pike kebab rig with a hair. 07_-_544_WEB_OF_07_-_407_copyright_AT-228x355

Think I've seen this before somewhere? Laughing

i'd eat that Razz Razz
dave78
dave78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next