PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox Warrior Z Rod & Stratos FS7000 Reel +10lb line

5 posters

Go down

Fox Warrior Z Rod & Stratos FS7000 Reel +10lb line Empty Fox Warrior Z Rod & Stratos FS7000 Reel +10lb line

Post  DAN27 Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Hey,

I know some of you are not big fans of the Fox gear but I just purchased this package for my 2nd set up. The rod is specifically for Carp but with a 2.75lb test curve, I believe that it should do the job.

Package currently selling for just £89.99 on Angling Direct(see below).

http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/store/carp/bundles-kits/fox-warrior-12ft-2-75-stratos-7000fs-10lb-line

What made it a little sweeter is the the fact that with my colleague discount, I picked it up for a mere £71.99. I felt this was really good value for money, as the reel can sell for more than that on it's own.

Didn't want to do a seperate post but i recently purchased the Grey's Prowla trace holder. For less than £10 it's a great looking piece of kit-that's where it ends! When removing the trace tube from inside the holder I've caught the material or zips numerous times. If the outer tube was a larger, then this would not happen(Years of design &testing!??!!) This can take ages to remove, when all you want to do is crack on with the fishing.
The inner tube also has an internal storage compartment which has a pull out top but this comes away in your hand when removing tube. - beware I've nearly hooked myself a few times!

Anyway as I said it looks nice!

I would add that I've also purchased the 3lb Prowla rod and deadbait bag, which I'm very very satisifed with both.

Dan
DAN27
DAN27

Back to top Go down

Fox Warrior Z Rod & Stratos FS7000 Reel +10lb line Empty Re: Fox Warrior Z Rod & Stratos FS7000 Reel +10lb line

Post  robh107 Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:59 pm

looks a good package deal mate... although i'm not a big fan of fox after the problems i've had with their products i might have been tempted by that offer if i was in the market for new rods and reels Very Happy
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Fox Warrior Z Rod & Stratos FS7000 Reel +10lb line Empty Re: Fox Warrior Z Rod & Stratos FS7000 Reel +10lb line

Post  tommynotoes Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:04 pm

i own a greys prowla trace tube and havent had that problem yet, that rod and reel combo sounds like a good bargin
tommynotoes
tommynotoes

Back to top Go down

Post  patch Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:21 pm

that is a bargain i paid £110 for my 2 fs7000 for the barbel rods Shocked
patch
patch

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:43 pm

A lot of the Carp lads use the Warrior & Stratos combination, including my mate Pete, who has been Carp fishing for donkeys years.... He's offered to take yours truly to one of his venues for a few sessions (I find Carp Fishing, from the forums & DVD's ive seen, quite technically bewildering) Razz

He has four of the Fox Stratos 1000 reels, they are brilliant but he had issues with one and Fox were very poor in their customer support department Rolling Eyes The reels are built by Okuma under licence Wink The tackle dealer eventually stepped in & swapped it for a new one Smile
As for the rods, they are fine from what I have seen. As Patch says, the 7000 series reels are often used by Barbel & specimen anglers and people who fish the smaller commercials Very Happy

Hope this helps

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down