help which alarm

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

help which alarm - Page 3 Empty Re: help which alarm

Post  nickcarpy on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:17 pm

dont play with toys just get the daddies,delks txi,s mate!!if you carnt afford new just buy second hand than any other alarm new.!!ive got 3 an reciever an there the dogs dangers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:43 pm

not having a go at anyone here, but i just want to know why you would need wireless receivers for your alarms? surely if you cant hear your alarm when it sounds, then you are too far away. is there another good use for them that i am missing? just seems like a lot of money to encourage bad angling. each too there own like but its just my thought Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:46 pm

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:not having a go at anyone here, but i just want to know why you would need wireless receivers for your alarms? surely if you cant hear your alarm when it sounds, then you are too far away. is there another good use for them that i am missing? just seems like a lot of money to encourage bad angling. each too there own like but its just my thought Smile Smile

in a way i cannot argue, personally I dont have a reciever,
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

View user profile http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  deadbait on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:02 pm

recievers are good for night fishing as we all drop off now and then i used to lay mine on my head on vibrate Very Happy
deadbait
deadbait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kell on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:27 am

i will use my reciever if there is a bit above average noise as my hearing is getting worse and the reciever vibrates in my pocket (but thats another story lol ).
and if chatting or adies is playing with silly drop back ring tone which jeff gave us lol great fun . Very Happy
kell
kell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:13 am

i only use reciever when waters are busy,alarms on silent but reciever on discreet in my pocket so only me hears it Very Happy also on my delks same at night but if anyone turns them off an trys to steal them my reciever doe,s a police siren tone Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by nickcarpy on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:09 am

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:not having a go at anyone here, but i just want to know why you would need wireless receivers for your alarms? surely if you cant hear your alarm when it sounds, then you are too far away. is there another good use for them that i am missing? just seems like a lot of money to encourage bad angling. each too there own like but its just my thought Smile Smile

Inside a bivvy when the rain is hammering and the wind is up, you can't hear alarms from 10 feet away at full volume. Dunno what your idea of bad weather is but I've been bivvied up in some really nasty weather.

Where I fish, there are also 100s of Canada Geese and they just do not shut up, all night.

Also, you might not want other anglers elsewhere to know you're onto fish or disturb them.

Remote receivers do have their uses. It's not always about distance.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:02 pm

fair play guys. when i used to go carp fishing i used a sounder box with my delks. 10m cable plenty long enough even to reach my bivvy. i just think that a receiver that picks up the alarms from 100 to 200m away will just encourage some anglers (not all) to walk away from there rods. yes i can see other peoples point about them having a good use, but still why do they need such a range? why not make them so they only have a range of around say 30m? surly that would cover all the reasons people have made for using a receiver? Very Happy Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:45 pm

yes agree gaz,some peple will push it,like some speed in cars ect Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:04 pm

too true mate. i was on alderfen last year and saw a guy on the carp lake walk around 80m down the bank to his mate, gets a run (had a receiver on) sprints back, well as fast as a carp angler can in wellies Very Happy Very Happy by the time he got to the rod, fish weeded up solid and had to pull for a break. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:14 pm

nickcarpy wrote:i only use reciever when waters are busy,alarms on silent but reciever on discreet in my pocket so only me hears it Very Happy also on my delks same at night but if anyone turns them off an trys to steal them my reciever doe,s a police siren tone Very Happy Very Happy
totally agree with you Nick, i don't want everybody to know what i'm doing......................especially if i'm not supposed to be there Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:08 am

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:10m cable plenty long enough even to reach my bivvy. i just think that a receiver that picks up the alarms from 100 to 200m away will just encourage some anglers (not all) to walk away from there rods. yes i can see other peoples point about them having a good use, but still why do they need such a range? why not make them so they only have a range of around say 30m? surly that would cover all the reasons people have made for using a receiver? Very Happy Very Happy

I quite agree but even 30m is a long way.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk on Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:42 am

Andy Macfarlane wrote:
MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:10m cable plenty long enough even to reach my bivvy. i just think that a receiver that picks up the alarms from 100 to 200m away will just encourage some anglers (not all) to walk away from there rods. yes i can see other peoples point about them having a good use, but still why do they need such a range? why not make them so they only have a range of around say 30m? surly that would cover all the reasons people have made for using a receiver? Very Happy Very Happy

indeed, how long does it take to cover 30mts when running, average time is 4-5secs, it's still a length of time, anything could happen in 4 secs
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:55 am

I like to see Carl Lewis cover 30m in 5 seconds in a pair of waders on an uneven bank.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:40 am

Andy Macfarlane wrote:I like to see Carl Lewis cover 30m in 5 seconds in a pair of waders on an uneven bank.
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:05 pm

MrMakk wrote:
Andy Macfarlane wrote:

indeed, how long does it take to cover 30mts when running, average time is 4-5secs, it's still a length of time, anything could happen in 4 secs
Too true mate.
i will allways try to sit close to rods,but on accasions i will have to place a rod out of site(bankside vegitation) this is where i'd use remote sounder, Very Happy
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:55 pm

esoxjeff wrote:
MrMakk wrote:
Andy Macfarlane wrote:

Too true mate.
i will allways try to sit close to rods,but on accasions i will have to place a rod out of site(bankside vegitation) this is where i'd use remote sounder, Very Happy
last year on a lake in wales these 2 guys sat in there car about 100 mts away with a reciever box on there dash ask them are you going to fish mate they were already fishing rods were out there.... they are the worst type of pikers wasted my time in talking to them
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:57 pm

stubbo wrote:
esoxjeff wrote:
MrMakk wrote:
Andy Macfarlane wrote:

Too true mate.
last year on a lake in wales these 2 guys sat in there car about 100 mts away with a reciever box on there dash ask them are you going to fish mate they were already fishing rods were out there.... they are the worst type of pikers wasted my time in talking to them

unfourtunatlly there are some of this type of N*B* about still. Crying or Very sad
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pete777 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:19 pm

There is a guy on a water i fish,who sits in his car,one beep,no response,two beeps,looks over his paper or book,3 beeps he strolls over to his rods,and he fishes bailarms closed,with pike droppers Evil or Very Mad

pete777

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:26 pm

pete777 wrote:There is a guy on a water i fish,who sits in his car,one beep,no response,two beeps,looks over his paper or book,3 beeps he strolls over to his rods,and he fishes bailarms closed,with pike droppers Evil or Very Mad
whants banning off the water mate good job i,m not a baliffe Evil or Very Mad
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  raf1870 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:28 pm

Billy Backbiters.

Solid construction and easy to setup.

Recently purchased the Zandavan 999 Alarm so looking to try that out in the near future.

raf1870

View user profile

Back to top Go down

help which alarm - Page 3 Empty RE help which alarm

Post  Leebob on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:31 pm

Pike bob i've had 3 of the fox micron m2 cant fault them

cheers LEEBOB Very Happy
Leebob
Leebob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk on Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:12 pm

LEEBOB wrote:Pike bob i've had 3 of the fox micron m2 cant fault them

cheers LEEBOB Very Happy

I have a fox M2 and a fox MX2..... both are brilliant for me.
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall on Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:02 pm

BBB's all the way for me Smile
tootall
tootall

View user profile

Back to top Go down