PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tricky question, Do you know the answer ?

+6
noodle
essox_lucius1
nightwatchman
tootall
adamscott
paddy pike
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tricky question, Do you know the answer ? Empty Tricky question, Do you know the answer ?

Post  paddy pike Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:26 pm

Shocked I have just been asked a question, Shocked But i am not sure of the answer, Shocked
Cool The Question is Surprised When fishing for pike, Can you set out a double paternosta, As this would have 2 traces on it = 4 trebles, Shocked
Very Happy My answer would be NO Very Happy
Cool But would i be right ??? Shocked
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Tricky question, Do you know the answer ? Empty Re: Tricky question, Do you know the answer ?

Post  paddy pike Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:49 pm

Very Happy Very Happy 16 views, No replys, Must be a trickyer question than i originaly thought, Very Happy Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Tricky question, Do you know the answer ? Empty Re: Tricky question, Do you know the answer ?

Post  adamscott Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:18 pm

I personally think that the rig is death rig to Pike.

The chance of snagging the rig especially while playing a fish is high. And on that alone I would not advocate the use of the rig.

Just a thought......imagine trying to cast it with a 4oz weight, half a Mackeral and a Roach on the end Shocked Shocked Shocked
adamscott
adamscott

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Very Happy your of the same mind as me adamscott Very Happy I have used a similar set up for sea fishing, But only with a single hook on each snood, Very Happy But although we would not use it, Very Happy Is there any rule says it cant be used, Shocked I would hate to see a Pike all tangled up with 4 trebles Very Happy Shocked
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:21 pm

No, i'd never ever do it....in my mind it would be far to easy for the 2nd paternoster to get caught up on any pike that takes the first paternoster. You know what they are like if they decide to spin and roll. Also imagine how hard it would be if two pike were hooked at the same time (its a slim posibility, but never the less a possibility).

Death rig IMHO.
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Very Happy Very Happy To be honest, My friend was kinda hoping for 2 pike at the same time, Shocked I would cut the paternosta rig up if he ever tried it while out fishing with me, Shocked
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:21 pm

Shocked I thought somone from PAC might just have had the answer, Shocked
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:32 pm

There's no definitive answer and no legal obligation. It's just a case of morality and ethics.
If you love Pike and want to do the best for them, you don't do it!!!!!!!!
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Tricky question, Do you know the answer ? Empty rig

Post  essox_lucius1 Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:04 pm

isnt your mate happy with 1 pike at a time?.The logistics of the set up would basicaly be mayhem and would be prone to major tangles even if 1 pike got hooked theres i likely chance of second treble snagging up .Has he considered switching to roach fishing?
essox_lucius1
essox_lucius1

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:50 pm

by nightwatchman on Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:32 pm

There's no definitive answer and no legal obligation. It's just a case of morality and ethics.
by essox_lucius1 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:04 pm

isnt your mate happy with 1 pike at a time?.The logistics of the set up would basicaly be mayhem and would be prone to major tangles even if 1 pike got hooked theres i likely chance of second treble snagging up .Has he considered switching to roach fishing?

Shocked He has just read all the replies and has said he doesn't even want to try it now, He seemed to think two dead baits would bring him two fish, Just hadn't thought of the conciquenses of only catching one Pike, What a Face I think he is convinced now to use two rods rather than endanger the Pike, confused And just to make sure i have given him my spare rod Rolling Eyes
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:15 pm

Well done! Good result Wink
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:54 pm

nightwatchman wrote:Well done! Good result Wink

Very Happy I had some very good help in changing his mind from all the replies, Very Happy But also from some PMs from essox_lucius1, Thanks for the PMs Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:41 pm

nightwatchman wrote:There's no definitive answer and no legal obligation. It's just a case of morality and ethics.

check your byelaws some areas dont permit mutli hook setups
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:29 pm

noodle wrote:
nightwatchman wrote:There's no definitive answer and no legal obligation. It's just a case of morality and ethics.

Very Happy Very Happy Multi hook set-ups should be banned full stop Very Happy Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  essox_lucius1 Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:37 pm

paddy pike wrote:
noodle wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Multi hook set-ups should be banned full stop Very Happy Very Happy
agreed
essox_lucius1
essox_lucius1

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:47 pm

im interested in the multihook being banned as i use two froms of it in fresh water

the obvious one is the snap tackle

the other is a two hook rig when feeder fishing on stillwaters for stuff like roach

why would you want to ban either of those?
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:07 pm

noodle wrote:im interested in the multihook being banned as i use two froms of it in fresh water

the obvious one is the snap tackle

the other is a two hook rig when feeder fishing on stillwaters for stuff like roach

why would you want to ban either of those?

I think they mean two sets of snap tackles noodle !!

Why use 2 hooks rigs for roach ??
Can't see the point of this as you would strike as soon as you had a bite Surely you wouldn't wait till you thought you had a fish on both hooks !!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:14 pm

you dont wait for two fish but you can get two fish

its a match thing where you can pick the better bait for the day more quickly, and ive used it a lot growing up on one of the waters on the main site (st helens aa, carr mill dam) which ive grown up 300 yards or so from

i know its not legal everywhere though hence the earlier post

oh and its great when your after catching some bait quickly Shocked

doubel head of roach is always welcome
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  essox_lucius1 Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:02 am

noodle wrote:you dont wait for two fish but you can get two fish

its a match thing where you can pick the better bait for the day more quickly, and ive used it a lot growing up on one of the waters on the main site (st helens aa, carr mill dam) which ive grown up 300 yards or so from

so would you say ppl should use this for pike?
essox_lucius1
essox_lucius1

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:56 am

I would say definitely do NOT use it for pike affraid affraid

Its asking for trouble Shocked

I personally wouldn't use a double hook set up at all ( apart from 2 hook snap tackles that is Very Happy )

But thats just my opinion Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:55 pm

essox_lucius1 wrote:
noodle wrote:you dont wait for two fish but you can get two fish

so would you say ppl should use this for pike?

re read the post

yes it is usefull for pike fishing

i dont know about you but i dont think id be using 2-3lb mono for pike with size 16's Rolling Eyes
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:19 pm

if you want double/treble chances for fish,please fish two or three rods.why put all your eggs in one basket and fish two baits on one rod,fish safe ,fish with respect,fih well for your quarry!anyway i like two/three rods and fish differant set ups like float set a three ft,one at 6ft,one on bottom[thats a example]
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:45 pm

nickcarpy wrote:if you want double/treble chances for fish,please fish two or three rods.why put all your eggs in one basket and fish two baits on one rod,fish safe ,fish with respect,fih well for your quarry!anyway i like two/three rods and fish differant set ups like float set a three ft,one at 6ft,one on bottom[thats a example]

Totally with Nick on this one.

Personally, the only time I fish using two setups is my pike or carp setup and then my 3mt whip in the edge to catch some bonus fish.
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Tricky question, Do you know the answer ? Empty multi hooks rigs

Post  essox_lucius1 Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:58 pm

i am confident in my own abilty with 2 or 3 rods without using multi set ups why not use a longline with 50 hooks on then you can catch loads of pike
essox_lucius1
essox_lucius1

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:01 am

reading this i take it none of you have understood the post with the exception of adie

the double hook rig is a feeder fishing set up in a match situation where you are generally limited to one rod at a time

sometimes i think the current vogue in fishing leads to much to narrow a veiw how too fish

i take none of you have used a pennel with worms

or the dropper on a feeder

fished a team of flies

all multi hook set ups that are viable propositions for fishing
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next