PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pike disease

4 posters

Go down

pike disease Empty pike disease

Post  karl83 Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:50 pm

hi just wondering if any of you know any as i went fishing today and had 3 pike off a local venue and 2 of them wen you youced them all the scales fell off the flanks of them and started bleeding i asked the local bailif that came round and he said he hadnt heard off any diease in there
karl83
karl83

Back to top Go down

pike disease Empty Re: pike disease

Post  noodle Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:18 pm

been under a lot of ice and its a small water by any chance

two waters lets say near a former glass factory have suffered dropsy like and red sore for years well whenever its been solid on top for a bit anyway

a few will go belly up but nothing to worry about

best bet is dont fish for em for a while and throw all the rat fish up the bank you catch Twisted Evil
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi Karl, Not heard of anything like this since the 50s, And it was one of my Piking mates that it happened to, He Kept the fish in the water until he could find out what it was, But it never was given a name and it never seemed to bother any other Pike, Ther is a cancer Pike suffer with i think its call lymphosarcoma Thats what it sounds like but i am not sure of the spelling, The only other thing ive known them to suffer with is Gill Maggot, If you ever find a pike or other fish with this you must keep the fish in the net in the water and get somone to have a look as the water can be treated, Also you would need to put your net into somthing big enough to boil it, So as not to spread it to other areas Cool
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:55 am

karl83 wrote:hi just wondering if any of you know any as i went fishing today and had 3 pike off a local venue and 2 of them wen you youced them all the scales fell off the flanks of them and started bleeding i asked the local bailif that came round and he said he hadnt heard off any diease in there

Never heard of anything so drastic. It doesn't sound like red sore disease.

Some pics would help and then I could forward them to Dr. Bruno Broughton for his informed opinion.

Are we talking a few scales or lots of scales? If it's a few it's probably just line rub from the fight.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  karl83 Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:31 am

hi andy i havnt got any pics as i forgot to take my camera but it was all down one flank of the fish it fell away like rotted flesh bt there was no smell i have never seen anything like it b4 there was nothing else wrong with the fish like ulces on it or anything and the 3rd fish i caught was immaculate not a mark on it
karl83
karl83

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:
karl83 wrote:hi just wondering if any of you know any as i went fishing today and had 3 pike off a local venue and 2 of them wen you youced them all the scales fell off the flanks of them and started bleeding i asked the local bailif that came round and he said he hadnt heard off any diease in there

Never heard of anything so drastic. It doesn't sound like red sore disease.

Some pics would help and then I could forward them to Dr. Bruno Broughton for his informed opinion.

Are we talking a few scales or lots of scales? If it's a few it's probably just line rub from the fight.

andy if its where im thinking every time it freezes for a while this happens and a few of the millions of carp also pop up

too small to hold the tonnage of fish in them face
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum