PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pike and predetors

+2
tootall
stubbo
6 posters

Go down

pike and predetors Empty pike and predetors

Post  stubbo Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:47 am

Just been reading a bit of pike and pred and there seems to be alot of bitterness between these so called high profile anglers reading in between the lines there is a lot of jelously and even calling each other liars in some reports .There seems to be a lot bitterness over this new book i think by derrick aimmess that has put the cat amonst the pigeons dont think this mag does pike fishing any justice in the way it presents itself to the guy just starting out doesnt show the other side of pike fishing they just seem elite i think thats the word No
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

pike and predetors Empty Re: pike and predetors

Post  tootall Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Last edited by tootall on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't be arsed to get into a big debate about this. Was merely agreeing with Stubbo.)
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:12 pm

sadly i agree stubbo
I personally aren,t a member of the PAC but that doesn,t make me any less of a predator angler so i don,t get the mag either .
i know when i used to visit the pike and predator website ,anyone trying to get help into pike fishing seemed to me to get ridiculed but thats just how i saw it .
I would rather speak to anglers who are prepared to put back into the sport that they themselves have got out to help promote better angling as they seem to be the genuine anglers who just want to enjoy the sport for what it is and not for there own gains to think they are better than every one else i know that not how it is but thats how it seem to come across.
i know i try and help as many as i can to achieve goals in there fishing or just general help with any thing fishy when i can and the help is returned in some form as no one knows every thing as angling is a life time of learning

Last edited by tackle tart on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
tackle tart
tackle tart

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:38 pm

glad that other people are in the same minds on this just seems a shame they could use there mag in a lot better way instead of the useuals photos in it weekin week out and old ones at that its just like there own photo album Shocked
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  cavemandom Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:13 pm

I went to the 2010 PAC conference at Kettering, it was a very long journey, when the PAC advertised the event they stated that their would be certain demonstrations, that fact alone was one of the reasons I decided to make the long journey, but when I got there their was no demos, it was a very disappointing day for me, I thought the conference would of been the perfect platform to expose the sport to newcomers like myself, I do find the PAC cater more for the experienced angler, I would of thought an organization as big as the PAC would put something in place for the novice for a broad spectrum of reasons, and I think this is where the PAC should invest..

cavemandom

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:19 pm

cavemandom wrote:I went to the 2010 PAC conference at Kettering, it was a very long journey, when the PAC advertised the event they stated that their would be certain demonstrations, that fact alone was one of the reasons I decided to make the long journey, but when I got there their was no demos, it was a very disappointing day for me, I thought the conference would of been the perfect platform to expose the sport to newcomers like myself, I do find the PAC cater more for the experienced angler, I would of thought an organization as big as the PAC would put something in place for the novice for a broad spectrum of reasons, and I think this is where the PAC should invest..
too true mate Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:45 pm

whoa
first off the magazine pike and predators has nothing in any way shape or form to do with the pac (that mag is called pikelines, actually occasionly there may be a notice published or and advert on published on behalf of the PAC

secondly Derick amies book allegedly has some information wrong and as such when its presenting iteself as an historical record deserves to have items questioned.

and cavemandom what demonstrations did you miss?

as far as im aware everyone that was advertised took place (off to check)

Last edited by noodle on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:54 pm

was it the fly one with david ........ (just read his name and forgotton it in 2 seconds

he turned up no one there so he went back inside
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Last edited by tootall on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Chico Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:12 pm

It was David Wolsoncroft Dodds, the fluffchucking was a very ad hoc arrangement as is any outside demo as nobody can tell just what the weather will do. When he was out there nobody else was and when one or two were out he wasn't.

I cannot think of any demos that were promised and not there, perhaps cavemandom could inform us.

Yes P&P can initially look like an aggressive forum but it really isn't, most is very much tongue in cheek. If I were a new user on there and wanted to know an answer to something I'd try the "improvers forum" on there, it is a place where people will genuinely help as they know it is someone seeking help.

The P&P forum has nothing to do with the PAC although many P&P members are indeed PAC members.

The PAC is certainly not elitist in any shape or form and encourages every level of piker, it is our aim to educate and nurture pikers of whatever level. The PAC forum does require membership but if anyone goes to www.pacgb.com there is a wealth of piking info and tips that will be of help to those starting out through to the experienced.

Last edited by Chico on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chico
Chico

http://www.chicoslures.co.uk   JOIN THE PAC http://www.pacgb.co.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chico Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:17 pm

Tootall, we know each other but whether we do or not my answer would be the same.

You are refering to the DA book and it's responses I presume. It is simply an avenue where those who feel that DA's book was incorrect in several ways, a "right of reply" so to speak, everyone has their views on it but once both views are heard it is then down to the reader to make up their own mind rather than than "washing their dirty laundry".

Chico
Chico

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:55 pm

i know they have got to wright something in these mags but come on who wants to read another angler slagging another off its about pike fishing and the prmotion of the sport surely Razz
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Chico Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:42 pm

I suppose it is down to accuracy and who you believe.

I don't think that Neville, Graham, John or Stephen are slagging anyone off just questioning the facts.Surely there isn't anyone who has a problem with that?

Chico
Chico

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:52 pm

Chico wrote:I suppose it is down to accuracy and who you believe.

i am just a guy who went into a news agent and thought are yes a mag about pike fishing that will be a good read, but like i said it was a bit dissapointing did not exspect all the winging and moaning did come across a bit desperate but thats just my thoughts on it ......its a bit doom and gloom chico Sad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Chico Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:47 pm

It isn't like that every month that issue was an exception to the rule.
Chico
Chico

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:50 pm

this months isnt anything like that though, and to be honest i read the article concerned and much prefered seeing that piece in place of lets say an article on ebro cats or dutch zander
Although it does seem rather like a piece trying to take down another angler it was in reply to another piece in there, in the long term it has had both sides represented.

noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Chico wrote:It isn't like that every month that issue was an exception to the rule.
just bad timing on my part then Shocked
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  cavemandom Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:02 pm

Chico wrote:It was David Wolsoncroft Dodds, the fluffchucking was a very ad hoc arrangement as is any outside demo as nobody can tell just what the weather will do. When he was out there nobody else was and when one or two were out he wasn't.

I cannot think of any demos that were promised and not there, perhaps cavemandom could inform us.

Yes P&P can initially look like an aggressive forum but it really isn't, most is very much tongue in cheek. If I were a new user on there and wanted to know an answer to something I'd try the "improvers forum" on there, it is a place where people will genuinely help as they know it is someone seeking help.

The P&P forum has nothing to do with the PAC although many P&P members are indeed PAC members.

The PAC is certainly not elitist in any shape or form and encourages every level of piker, it is our aim to educate and nurture pikers of whatever level. The PAC forum does require membership but if anyone goes to www.pacgb.com there is a wealth of piking info and tips that will be of help to those starting out through to the experienced.

I was told running up to the event that some demonstrations outside on the water had been arranged, this information was given to me by a member of the PAC that runs one of the regions, the elderly gentleman who took my £15 on the door also told me that "at sum time int day ther'll be sumet hapnin on't water" or words to that effect. At no time in the day did I hear a announcement made over the in house P.A system that any events had started at the waters edge or a schedule for any event at the waters edge was intended, It was used to tell Bill his pint was waiting for him or was it Jim's? I would be lying if I said I went especially for the fluff chucking Demonstration, but as a hungry for knowledge Pike Angling novice the Fluff chucking would of satisfied my hunger, if only a tad, I did find the event did cater for the more experienced Pike Angler, can I just ask, what did the PAC 2010 Conference execute that was aimed towards the nurturing and education of the Novice, I will say again, me personally I think the PAC 2010 conference or any other year was, and is a good platform to nurture and educate the novice.. The reason I made my initial comments on a post that was Topic Headed Pike & Predator was, on the day the biggest stall in the hall was Mr Neville Fickling's, I purchased a number of items from the stall, in return I was given two issues of the said magazine, Mr Neville Fickling was also on the PAC's ajender as a guest speaker for that day if I remember rightly, With Mr Neville Fickling heavily involved in my experience of my first PAC Conference I automatically thought there was some type of affiliation between Mr Neville Fickling and the PAC I do apologize if I have associate the magazine & Mr Neville Fickling with the PAC

cavemandom

Back to top Go down

Post  Chico Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:12 pm

The only 2 "demo's" that were booked to happen were the Fluff chucking and the Porta-bote demo on the lake. The porta bote definitely happened.

This year there are some more hands on demos planned aimed directly towards novices/juniors, details are to be finalised but that is the plan.I hope that you come along on 1st October to Kettering again and see for yourself.
Chico
Chico

Back to top Go down

Post  cavemandom Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:40 pm

Chico wrote:The only 2 "demo's" that were booked to happen were the Fluff chucking and the Porta-bote demo on the lake. The porta bote definitely happened.

This year there are some more hands on demos planned aimed directly towards novices/juniors, details are to be finalised but that is the plan.I hope that you come along on 1st October to Kettering again and see for yourself.
Thats good to hear, The PAC website as been a great source of information for me, but as you will appreciate as a novice once yourself, you just cant beat hands on experience, and watching someone who is experienced at their chosen craft..

cavemandom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down