PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trace life

5 posters

Go down

Trace life Empty Trace life

Post  stubbo Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:34 am

does anyone on the forum change there trace after every fish or is it just me ,reading in between the lines some guys on here catch maybe upto ten fish before a change is needed whats your view on the subject just concerned the traces may suffer more damage than what people think......... Suspect
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Trace life Empty Re: Trace life

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:07 pm

i check my trace after every run/fish. i give a tug and the once over and if it looks ok i will reuse it. i would say i get 3-4 fish on each trace before i have to change it.

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:35 pm

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:i check my trace after every run/fish. i give a tug and the once over and if it looks ok i will reuse it. i would say i get 3-4 fish on each trace before i have to change it.

Same as me Gaz
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  plumb68 Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:51 pm

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:i check my trace after every run/fish. i give a tug and the once over and if it looks ok i will reuse it. i would say i get 3-4 fish on each trace before i have to change it.

One trace should last me about a year then Neutral
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:22 pm

I am the one who insists on a change of trace after every fish, But i must admit i was lazy one day last week, I had 9 jacks one afternoon but the biggest was only around the 3Lb mark and the trace wire is 30Lb, Evil or Very Mad
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:34 pm

paddy pike wrote:I am the one who insists on a change of trace after every fish, But i must admit i was lazy one day last week, I had 9 jacks one afternoon but the biggest was only around the 3Lb mark and the trace wire is 30Lb, Evil or Very Mad
now your just bragging paddy l.o.l
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:52 am

stubbo wrote:
paddy pike wrote:I am the one who insists on a change of trace after every fish, But i must admit i was lazy one day last week, I had 9 jacks one afternoon but the biggest was only around the 3Lb mark and the trace wire is 30Lb, Evil or Very Mad
Hahaha sounds like that doesn't it, But its a good thing for both us and the fish Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:52 pm

paddy pike wrote:
stubbo wrote:
Hahaha sounds like that doesn't it, But its a good thing for both us and the fish Very Happy
how true muck
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down