PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

big perch killed in pennington flash

4 posters

Go down

big perch killed in pennington flash  Empty big perch killed in pennington flash

Post  stubbo Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:59 pm

reading in angling times that the bailiffs found a long line or net of some kind 300yards long they fould some very big perch caught in it .THhe last time i fished there there was a lot of polish people fishing the water not saying it was them but one guy passed me with a pike in a carrier bag about 10lb not a landing net in sight or a mat just a spinning rod the pike are getting hammered in there by poachers but nothing seems to be happening to stop this type of thing.
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

big perch killed in pennington flash  Empty Re: big perch killed in pennington flash

Post  predator Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:09 pm

its a joke alien coming here and killing our fish stocks to eat ,countrys going to the dogs its obvious more should be done about it dont knw where our taxes and rod liscence fees go,
scratch

Last edited by adie1200 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : swear word removed)

predator

Back to top Go down

big perch killed in pennington flash  Empty Re: big perch killed in pennington flash

Post  stubbo Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:19 pm

its getting worse mate with these cut backs there will be less bailiffs on the bank......its hopeless mate
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Well done s6, I help bailiff our club waters but you are restricted to what you can and cant do, I have found nets, and long lines in the rivers and i have cut them up and left them in nice little piles with a note, I have reported it to the Commitee and the Police have been involved, But then Nothing ?, They have to be caught taking the fish from the rivers or whatever waters they are fishing, And i hate to tell you this but its not just the Polish, We have banned any bait bucket and also now bait boxes can be checked to see what is in them, If the fishermen refuse to let you look then you just walk away and call the police, Then Nothing ? Appart from the nets and lines i have found traps for Pike as well as traps for Eels, All get reported, They all get looked at by the Police then Nothing ?, I dont understand it at all, Then last year we had to restock the rivers at a cost to our club,
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  onetoner Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:53 pm

yep weve the same problem up here, hee haw being done about it .
on my local which quite franckly (there more interested in the sailing club etc) than the fishing the permits were changed so that there was no fishing from dusk till dawn to stop polish people etc fishing through the night.
at one point fish were being taken on an industrial scale and not just pike all fish of any size , its a disgrace and what annoyed me most was when i spoke to the park ranger they said they couldnt stop people taking fish, i mean it sais on your xxxxxxx ticket all fish must be returned !!!!!!!!!!! n thats what you have to deal with there not interested, it wouldnt be the case if i was walking up from the river that runs alongside the loch with a 10lb salmon im sure there would be something said about that ................... Mad Mad Mad Mad
onetoner
onetoner

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:00 am

onetoner wrote:yep weve the same problem up here, hee haw being done about it .
on my local which quite franckly (there more interested in the sailing club etc) than the fishing the permits were changed so that there was no fishing from dusk till dawn to stop polish people etc fishing through the night.
at one point fish were being taken on an industrial scale and not just pike all fish of any size , its a disgrace and what annoyed me most was when i spoke to the park ranger they said they couldnt stop people taking fish, i mean it sais on your xxxxxxx ticket all fish must be returned !!!!!!!!!!! n thats what you have to deal with there not interested, it wouldnt be the case if i was walking up from the river that runs alongside the loch with a 10lb salmon im sure there would be something said about that ................... Mad Mad Mad Mad

One of our bailiffs stopped two guys and they had a 10Lb and a 6Lb pike also had 2 @3Lb tench, The police arrived and because the permit states you must return all fish "dead or alive" to the water, Thats what they were told to do and then they were given a verble warning, Whats that all about, Like you said had it been a Salmon they would have been up before the judge in the morning, Nothing more done ???
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:05 am

paddy pike wrote:

One of our bailiffs stopped two guys and they had a 10Lb and a 6Lb pike also had 2 @3Lb tench, The police arrived and because the permit states you must return all fish "dead or alive" to the water, Thats what they were told to do and then they were given a verble warning, Whats that all about, Like you said had it been a Salmon they would have been up before the judge in the morning, Nothing more done ???
and they know that just that paddy nothing will come of it ..... something got to change mate
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:10 am

stubbo wrote:
paddy pike wrote:
and they know that just that paddy nothing will come of it ..... something got to change mate

I wouldn't mind but it can get a little risky when asking the thieves to put back there catch, They make you feel like your holding them up haha cheaky sods, We also have a rule now that bailiffs are to go round in 2s for there own safety, Whats this country coming to,
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:58 pm

paddy pike wrote:
stubbo wrote:
paddy pike wrote:

I wouldn't mind but it can get a little risky when asking the thieves to put back there catch, They make you feel like your holding them up haha cheaky sods, We also have a rule now that bailiffs are to go round in 2s for there own safety, Whats this country coming to,
soon as they are caught they should be banned from the water for life end of
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down