PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injecting deadbaits with Marukyu bait glug.

+7
Shad Rap
Andy Macfarlane
bigt
Bluffnuts
paddy pike
stubbo
Amberjack
11 posters

Go down

Injecting deadbaits with Marukyu bait glug. Empty Injecting deadbaits with Marukyu bait glug.

Post  Amberjack Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:06 pm

Has anyone tried injecting baits with the new 'miracle' bait additive 'Marukyu'? I've splashed out a tenner for a bottle and am intrigued to see if it produces. Trying it at Damflask tomorrow so will report back with results.
Amberjack
Amberjack

Back to top Go down

Injecting deadbaits with Marukyu bait glug. Empty Re: Injecting deadbaits with Marukyu bait glug.

Post  stubbo Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:19 pm

Amberjack wrote:Has anyone tried injecting baits with the new 'miracle' bait additive 'Marukyu'? I've splashed out a tenner for a bottle and am intrigued to see if it produces. Trying it at Damflask tomorrow so will report back with results.
i dont think they do any harm these oil based additives been useing them for most of my fishing
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Injecting deadbaits with Marukyu bait glug. Empty Re: Injecting deadbaits with Marukyu bait glug.

Post  Amberjack Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:49 pm

That's the thing mate, this stuff isn't oil based. It's not actually intended for predator fishing...it's actually aimed at carp / match angling. It's causing a real storm in those circles and until UK stocks were replenished bottles were selling on Ebay for 20 to 30 quid! It's made in Japan by science boffins and amongst its various undisclosed secret ingredients, contains Crayfish and silkworm chrysalis extracts which I reckon might appeal to pike (particularly the crayfish). I've used all the usual oils and additives in baits in times gone past and I can't say that they've produced any more (or bigger) fish than un-treated baits. I'm hoping this stuff might make a noticeable difference...we'll see!
Amberjack
Amberjack

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:43 pm

I tried a lot of different stuff for injecting over the years, But now i get Cod Liver Oil capsules and pop it into the dead baits mouth then stick a pin in it before casting out, Then it just disolves and lets the oil out at a steady pace, But if you have found a new type of stuf that works on other fish as an attractant then i wish you all the best with it and hope you get a new PB, Very Happy Anything is worth trying at least give it a go Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Amberjack Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:57 pm

Cheers Paddy, I hope so! It would be interesting to know whether injecting / glugging oils or additives of any kind really does make any difference. One thing's for sure, I don't think they do any harm to catch rates. I'm going to spend this winter fishing one rod with a treated bait and one without then by March I should have an idea of whether they're a waste of time or not.
Amberjack
Amberjack

Back to top Go down

Injecting deadbaits with Marukyu bait glug. Empty Injecting deadbaits with Marukyu bait glug.

Post  Bluffnuts Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:18 pm

I'm also experimenting with one bait injected with an oil and one bait without, a majority of the time I've been fishing a loaded deadbait float so working on the lift method principle. I have noticed that I get an earlier indication with the injected bait due to a oil slick appears around the float and this has really helped me hit more of the finicky takes I expierience on the water that I fish.

Bluffnuts

Back to top Go down

Post  Amberjack Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:24 pm

Oh right, I can see how that would work. Quite exciting too I should imagine - anticipating a take when the slick appears.
Amberjack
Amberjack

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:32 pm

Amberjack wrote:Oh right, I can see how that would work. Quite exciting too I should imagine - anticipating a take when the slick appears.
Thats Ok on lakes but if your on one of our local rivers and its pumping you wont see any slick at all, I did a bit of research on the oils a few years ago one rod with injected bait the other without, And you wont believe this but it was very close, The one Not injected Got to 100 Pike and the Injected was 97 Very Happy i really was stuck then because i wasn't sure then as to weather to but a load of oils or just fish without, Remember this i was told by a friend, You have one of each baits in the water the one without the oil go's first, Now was it the one with the oil that attracted it, affraid affraid
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  bigt Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:45 pm

ive always done ok using predator plus mixed with pigs blood froze in ice cube tray then break a cube up and put it in deadbaits mouth
bigt
bigt

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Still got salmon, aniseed, lamprey, smelt and sardine oil to get through before I try anything else.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Shad Rap Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:28 pm

I cant get my head round oils...they dont seem to produce more pike or a bigger size when i use them Neutral

Shad Rap

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:32 am

Like i have said in some post somwhere or other the only oil i use now is cod liver oil capsules just stick them in the mouth of the dead bait then stick a pin in it, But after doing the tests i was just lost as i expected the oily bait to win hands down, If you are going to test this then i think you need to just use one bait each time out, Then the arguement would be on weather conditions and tempriture the colour of the water, If it was sunny or cloudy it just becomes to scientific Cool
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamby78 Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:07 pm

Watched a video with John Watson on Course and Match Fishing last week and he claimed that oil based attractors injected into baits didnt work as oil floats he showed a bottle he mixed with something to make it sink cant remember what its called ive been looking on google to find out how to do this some guys on here may already do this method
Lamby78
Lamby78

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:17 pm

glycerine?

I love using salmon oil, and the fact that it rises up off the bait is exactly why i use it. On rivers and drains etc you get a lovely scent trail wafting downstream in the current which often brings fish upstream to investigate.
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Gin / Pernod / alcohol Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:23 pm

tootall wrote:glycerine?
sure it could be this one or the ethol alcohol[ea]?
you can also get glycerine spray from upvc merchents in a spray to stop rod rings freezing
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamby78 Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:39 pm

Is anyone doing this method as opposed to just injecting the oils as they are ?
Lamby78
Lamby78

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:40 pm

adie1200 wrote:Gin / Pernod / alcohol Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hahahaha Adie your as bad as i used to be, I have Marrinated deads in jack daniels before today,
Never got a touch, But a couple of big pike staggered up the bank and sat beside me for a smoke,
Strong stuff that JD Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:01 pm

Lamby78 wrote:Is anyone doing this method as opposed to just injecting the oils as they are ?

Most oils you buy will be 'Winterised' in that they have an emulsifier (the word you're looking for) already added.

And for the last time on here hopefully, not all the components of oil float away. I don't put oils on baits to make them oily. I put oils on baits to add a scent. If I can smell aniseed coming off a bait that has been soaking all day, a pike can too. That's all I ask from oils.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down