PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need advice

4 posters

Go down

need advice Empty need advice

Post  catchafishy123 Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:16 pm

im new to pike fishing, only been a dozen times with my brother, my question is if im fishing lakes is it better to stop in one spot all day, and wait, or move on to another spot, if so how long would you give it?
catchafishy123
catchafishy123

Back to top Go down

need advice Empty Re: need advice

Post  paddy pike Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Depends on the water and the size of the lake, Me personaly i think if i havent had anything after half an hour then i would be moving up 50 yards, All down to preference at the end of the day, If your happy just sitting and waiting for it to happen then that could be best, Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  catchafishy123 Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:22 pm

so if the lake was grasmere size,how long would you give it paddy?
catchafishy123
catchafishy123

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:26 pm

catchafishy123 wrote:so if the lake was grasmere size,how long would you give it paddy?
I would stay in one place no longer than 20 minutes as i feel if they arent there i have to go look for them, If it was grasmere i would defrost the baits 2 days befor going, Let them mature a little so the aroma gets out quiker Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:05 pm

paddy pike wrote:
catchafishy123 wrote:so if the lake was grasmere size,how long would you give it paddy?
I would stay in one place no longer than 20 minutes as i feel if they arent there i have to go look for them, If it was grasmere i would defrost the baits 2 days befor going, Let them mature a little so the aroma gets out quiker Very Happy
dont tell him anything paddy l.o.l
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:14 pm

stubbo wrote:
paddy pike wrote:
dont tell him anything paddy l.o.l
Hahaha he needs all the help he can get,
By the way stubbo its nice of you to let him hold your big pike mate
Shocked
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:34 pm

If it's my first time on a new lake, I'll sit it out all day. If I have any conviction that my choice of swim has any merit, I'd rather wait and see if it comes good. I think both ideas have their merits but I don't think I learn anything about pike swims by moving continuously.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:12 am

Andy Macfarlane wrote:If it's my first time on a new lake, I'll sit it out all day. If I have any conviction that my choice of swim has any merit, I'd rather wait and see if it comes good. I think both ideas have their merits but I don't think I learn anything about pike swims by moving continuously.
That would be fine with me andy if i could get hold of a plan of the land under some of those big lochs, I know done through google but not sure how accurate they are,
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:44 pm

That's what plumbing is for. You'll learn more in 2 hours plumbing than you will fishing in unknown water.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum