PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tips & tricks

3 posters

Go down

tips & tricks Empty tips & tricks

Post  cavemandom Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:37 pm

I always enjoy listening to tips on improvising, I got told a great one this week from an old boy, Get a road kill or even a tin of dog/cat food, put in a plastic shopping bag and make a small hole in the bottom of the bag, on any canal on the opposite side of the towpath find an overhanging tree/bush over the water, position the bag so it is over the water, as the flies are atracted to the meat they feed and lay eggs on the decaying meat, you eventually end up with a slow trickle of maggots falling into the water subsequently producing a swim for all speices of fish which inturn attract pike, I think it's a simple but brilliant idea, anybody else got any storys or tips that can improve your chances of hooking a pike??????

cavemandom

Back to top Go down

tips & tricks Empty Re: tips & tricks

Post  Andy Macfarlane Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:28 pm

Don't use a poly-bag. Use a natural mesh bag, in case it gets lost.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:37 am

great idea, could use a tesco bag as they bio degrade Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:00 pm

I used to hang carcasses over the river all the time and it works a treat for hammering brownies. Just be careful though, the bag also attracts wee birdies etc. and you don't want them caught up in your maggot sack.

...and it's a bit late in the year for attracting flies. It's a Spring to Autumn trick that.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down