PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-baiting

+3
Cobblemaster
Andy Macfarlane
jimlad
7 posters

Go down

Pre-baiting Empty Pre-baiting

Post  jimlad Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:00 pm

I've been reading Mick Brown's new book "Professional Pike Angler" with interest recently, particularly where he advocates pre-baiting. As i live within 10 mins of quite a few of my local river stretches, this is a possibility for me. Is it something anybody here has had success with in the past?
jimlad
jimlad

Back to top Go down

Pre-baiting Empty Re: Pre-baiting

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Yes but if you make up chopped fish balls for freezing, add a chuckie or 2 or your balls will float away.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobblemaster Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:Yes but if you make up chopped fish balls for freezing, add a chuckie or 2 or your balls will float away.

Sounds sore..lol
Cobblemaster
Cobblemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:26 am

yes and make sure nobodys watching you prebait or you will find someone in that peg before you fish it its happened to me a few times in the past
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamby78 Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:07 pm

One question to all this is when and how often to pre-bait a week before, every day, every other day has anyone had any success with any particular way
Lamby78
Lamby78

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Every 3 days should produce for you.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:18 pm

The only time i tend to prebait is if i have friends coming over and they want to catch a pike, But i was experimenting with bait balls and never had much luck as they dispersed into the flow and then there gone, Probably feeding everyone elses swim, One of the best ways i have found is pre bait with chunks of your old smelly or pre used bait as Andy says every three days, But the day before i go i make a mix of fish chunks then throw them into the blender to make a paste, Get my wire trace and hook the dead bait on and then put the pre made paste on some plastic wrap, Drop the pre hooked dead onto the paste and wrap it around the dead bait so its well stuck on then freeze it down, Then when you go to the river or wherever you are going just set up now with the pre hooked dead that has the paste frozen to it and cast it in, Now the past was made with the same fish as the chunks you pre baited with and will attract the pike into the swim, Very Happy Shocked
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  big_d2008 Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:47 pm

Yea i had some great look with a little pre baiting a stretch yesterday in fact. I was out for a session on Monday back at home on a Lincolnshire drain. I had one run all day along the stretch and it was a little 4lb jack on lamprey. When i had packed up i chopped up my used baits and scatered small amounts down the stretch in each peg. When I arrived on the Thurday to fish before even unpacking I a small ball of fishmeal,halibut pellet and fish bits mixed up into each peg. I had 17lb 4 oz within the first hour and then later on had a very decent fish on but it started to head shake and managed to rid the hooks, ten minutes later, before I had the rod rebaited, a sreaming run on rod 2 and pulled in a 16lb 2oz that must have been the fish that got off my other as it had my lamprey hooked in its mouth and the bluey from my other rig halfway down its neck lol. Great day had and a couple of decent doubles too.
big_d2008
big_d2008

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down