PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fish theft

+8
doug6364
plumb68
MAD BAD ANGLER
craigpix2000
tootall
taff pike
welsh piker
kell
12 posters

Go down

fish theft Empty fish theft

Post  kell Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:32 pm

It has been reported to us that in the early hours of Wednesday morning, a group of foreign nationals were net fishing the weir pool at Sprotbrough on the river Don and removed several bin liners of fish.
This incident has been reported to the Environment Agency and South Yorkshire Police who are taking it very serious.
We urge anyone who witness this sort of activity to report it to the police immediately on 01142202020

What chance have you got when they are using nets ?
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

fish theft Empty Re: fish theft

Post  welsh piker Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:41 pm

kell wrote:It has been reported to us that in the early hours of Wednesday morning, a group of foreign nationals were net fishing the weir pool at Sprotbrough on the river Don and removed several bin liners of fish.
This incident has been reported to the Environment Agency and South Yorkshire Police who are taking it very serious.
We urge anyone who witness this sort of activity to report it to the police immediately on 01142202020

Sadly this now a common thing among foreign nationals.. (don't get me started, or i'l be on a rant).. Mad Mad Mad
seems very little being done about it,. There seems to be a N,I,M,B,Y, Approach to it. NOT IN MY BACKYARD. Well people it's happening, and will happen to you in an area soon..You need to report all fish theft to the N.A.. Mad
welsh piker
welsh piker

Back to top Go down

Post  taff pike Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:25 pm

kell wrote:It has been reported to us that in the early hours of Wednesday morning, a group of foreign nationals were net fishing the weir pool at Sprotbrough on the river Don and removed several bin liners of fish.

Very sad to hear about the use of illegal nets,this practice decimates fish stocks,and they take everything,including adult and juvenile fish that cant pass through the nets.although i have never seen anyone doing this,i have had to have words with a couple of shall we say foreign fishermen about the use of spinning and deadbaiting our local river,without the proper tackle to do the job.i.e no wire trace,no landing net or mat.i have seen a demise in the runs of pike you used to get on this water,over the last 2 seasons and have a very good idea they are being taken and not returned.sad state of affairs,in this day and age,and their are never enviroment officers around when these poachers are about.blood boil doesnt even come close!!!!hope they catch the idiots on the don,and throw a net over them,then throw them back in.

taff pike

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:07 pm

makes me so mad. problem is that on every other forum i go on there are similar reports.

It needs to stop, but how? Beside signing the odd petition and reporting dodgy behaviour on the banks etc, I feel completely helpless and sad that some if our finest fishing grounds are bein ruined forever by these people...and if it's not them it's the bloody otters or cormorants!

Makes me sick.
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  craigpix2000 Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:47 pm

there is no way of stopping this if u patroll pond a&b they will hit pond y&z there sneaky as hell it needs every fishing mag/forum to promote to a big white lie that all uk fish have now got a pest in there intestine if eaten by humans it will kill them i honestly beleive that scaring the hell out of them is the best action who wants to eat a fish that may poision you Suspect other wise its spend more times on our waters and educate the people less informed
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:57 pm

kell, can be reported to the police in southyorkshire on there new 101 number. its for non emergency calls.

Back to top Go down

Post  plumb68 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:06 pm

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:kell, can be reported to the police in southyorkshire on there new 101 number. its for non emergency calls.
you could beat an old granny to death, an they take no notice, so cant see um rushing out for a A PIKE
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

Post  welsh piker Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:07 pm

craigpix2000 wrote:there is no way of stopping this if u patroll pond a&b they will hit pond y&z there sneaky as hell it needs every fishing mag/forum to promote to a big white lie that all uk fish have now got a pest in there intestine if eaten by humans it will kill them i honestly beleive that scaring the hell out of them is the best action who wants to eat a fish that may poision you Suspect other wise its spend more times on our waters and educate the people less informed

Now there'S a plan......GWENWYN Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
welsh piker
welsh piker

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:40 pm

craigpix2000 wrote:there is no way of stopping this if u patroll pond a&b they will hit pond y&z there sneaky as hell it needs every fishing mag/forum to promote to a big white lie that all uk fish have now got a pest in there intestine if eaten by humans it will kill them i honestly beleive that scaring the hell out of them is the best action who wants to eat a fish that may poision you Suspect other wise its spend more times on our waters and educate the people less informed

Blimey Craig, did you actually take a breath on writing this ? lol! Ive just had to get the Oxygen out after reading this ! lol!

Full stops ? what full stops ?

Seriously though, if they catch them, they ought to shoot the little rascals, line em up against the wall like those darn Jerries you know old chap !

I,m going in chaps !! lol!
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  craigpix2000 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Full stops are for wimps Laughing
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:43 pm

I know !! lol!
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:28 pm

they will still take them to eat even with parasites mate that wont bother them
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:30 am

stubbo wrote:
they will still take them to eat even with parasites mate that wont bother them

They themselves are parasites in more ways than one ? .
I took that clip from daa website gaz just thought people should see that they not only stright peg and use rods but net for them.
worst thing for me is that when netting they take the lot.
and as for phoning police or EA (ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME which i think we have proved ? )
I was going to try down there for one session but will not even bother now.
To me there is only one solution ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:07 am

I think that the punisment should fit the crime.(fullstop)

If caught they should be made to stand in a pan of boiling water with their shoes and socks off,(comma) that should sort the poachers out.(full stop) breathe now
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  bones16 Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:27 am

poach the poachers that is a fantastic idea, there are two lakes quite close to me and its the carp lads nicking fish seems to be two groups taking fish from one lake to stock whichever they regurly fish and another group doing vice versa.
bones16
bones16

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:07 pm

plumb68 wrote:
MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:kell, can be reported to the police in southyorkshire on there new 101 number. its for non emergency calls.
you could beat an old granny to death, an they take no notice, so cant see um rushing out for a A PIKE

Unfortunately, that is generally the case.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down