PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

loch alvie pike

4 posters

Go down

loch alvie pike Empty loch alvie pike

Post  Birchyboy90 Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:36 am

hi going to loch alvie next wed was wondering if anyone has info on it? Question
Birchyboy90
Birchyboy90

Back to top Go down

loch alvie pike Empty Re: loch alvie pike

Post  toby843 Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi,

Did you have any luck? I fished there yesterday and had one of 8lb to a popped up small trout. Gonna head back there again soon too.

toby843

Back to top Go down

Post  treble Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:56 pm

[quote="toby843"]Hi,

Did you have any luck? I fished there yesterday and had one of 8lb to a popped up small trout. Gonna head back there again soon too.[/qu ote]

how much is it to fish there? and are you charged for every rod? i hear its looked after unlike alot of the wild lochs

treble

Back to top Go down

Post  toby843 Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi,
It was £30 for me and my missus. Not sure of the exact rules but we set up with 3 rods and just cracked on. Its nice and its quiet. There's a few spaces in the trees where you can get out, you can see its where people fish from normally. If you have some waders you can push about 5 metres out and cast a lure rod just fine. Its a nice loch and we'll be going back. Tickets from dalraddy caravan park. I've e mailed and asked about an overnight trip, just waiting on an answer.

toby843

Back to top Go down

Post  treble Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:42 pm

cheers for the info mate, iv fished there about 6/7 year ago but heard recently it had some good fish

treble

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:17 pm

if you have a look here ''Coarse Fishing in the Highlands of Scotland'' it shows £10 for bank fishing on alvie. thay offer more lochs you can fish belonging to alvie estate.
the caravan site is owned by them, dalraddy. its maybe not all up to date, but you get the picture.

i remember when it was free to fish for pike on them, then 2-3 pounds. 10 pounds seems a bit much when thay do sod all for you.
have a look up by inverness.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Birchyboy90 Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:14 pm

I camped it for the weekend, £15 a day a bit expensive but had the loch to myself. best fish was 13lb 10oz but got hounded by the eels!! will be going back to give it another go heard its got some cracking fish in it.
Birchyboy90
Birchyboy90

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down