PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the best rig?

3 posters

Go down

What's the best rig? Empty What's the best rig?

Post  Birchyboy90 Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:12 am

Hi just wanting some opinions on what u think is the best rig? My usual method is just straight on the bottom and some times a pop up. Am going to be trying the paternoster rig out at the weekend any more info would be good.
Birchyboy90
Birchyboy90

Back to top Go down

What's the best rig? Empty Re: What's the best rig?

Post  Saintsince73 Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:23 am

I love 3 rigs, but so many you can choose, Free line deadbait, paternoster livebait on prowla suspended subfloat rig, and also you cant beat a livey under a float. Not had much success on popups so plan on trying it a bit more and also single hook kebab rig this season. Just cant wait for 1st October, got some new waters for this season
Saintsince73
Saintsince73

Back to top Go down

Post  Saintsince73 Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:44 pm

A bit old school, but if the winds behind, i like to drift either live or dead baits. If using deads, i like to use a balloon with paper clip and when at desired range, a swift strike, dislodges the balloon and leaves the bait out. When using the lives, its very JAWS like. Not sure if anyone uses this, but i love it!! Smile
Saintsince73
Saintsince73

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Neath Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:27 pm

I have to say that, on most of the waters I fish, a popped up herring tail is the killing rig. Used in conjunction with a Fox leger stem and an 18 inch trace, this puts the bait about 26 inches or so off the bottom and, I find, works really well. A big red polly ball holding the rig up looks ridiculous but seems to do the trick regardless. The same rig seems to work well with other baits too - lamprey tail, perch, small trout but, strangely on my waters, not mackerel - which is odd.
I do like a drifted dead bait in a good breeze though too - plenty of wave to give the bait a bit of action.
Think I may have met you at a water near Aviemore recently.
Richard Neath
Richard Neath

http://www.richardneath.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Birchyboy90 Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Yes that's right I remember you from there. Wasn't fishing to well but will probly give it another go Twisted Evil
Birchyboy90
Birchyboy90

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down