PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RSPCA - fishing

5 posters

Go down

RSPCA - fishing Empty RSPCA - fishing

Post  plantsbrook Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:32 am

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this article - but for any angler, particularly pike Anglers who use livebait - it is well worth a read:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2012/dec/21/louis-cole-ate-goldfish-rspca

the bit that jumps out at me is this statement :

"If somebody was to phone the RSPCA to say that a person had made a fish struggle on the end of a hook, we would investigate that."

there are lots of nutcase groups out there with an anti fishing agenda - PETA, Hunt Sabs, League Against Cruel sports who wouldnt hesitate to try and report fishing activity.

The RSPCA seems to have moved from animal 'welfare' issues (which i dont think anyone would argue with) to that of 'animal rights', which is quite frankly - NUTS!

For me, i wont be giving the RSPCA another penny.

plantsbrook
plantsbrook

Back to top Go down

RSPCA - fishing Empty Re: RSPCA - fishing

Post  Eric Edwards Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:22 pm

I stopped giving to them years ago. They were hijacked by the loony animal rights brigade long ago, as were the Green Party.
Eric Edwards
Eric Edwards

Back to top Go down

Post  daveb Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:32 pm

plantsbrook wrote:I'm not sure if anyone has seen this article - but for any angler, particularly pike Anglers who use livebait - it is well worth a read:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2012/dec/21/louis-cole-ate-goldfish-rspca

the bit that jumps out at me is this statement :

"If somebody was to phone the RSPCA to say that a person had made a fish struggle on the end of a hook, we would investigate that."

there are lots of nutcase groups out there with an anti fishing agenda - PETA, Hunt Sabs, League Against Cruel sports who wouldnt hesitate to try and report fishing activity.

The RSPCA seems to have moved from animal 'welfare' issues (which i dont think anyone would argue with) to that of 'animal rights', which is quite frankly - NUTS!

For me, i wont be giving the RSPCA another penny.

The RSPCA could investigate all they like but livebaiting is 100% legal in England and Wales so they would get nowhere currently. The problem arrises when livebaiting is made more 'public' in mainstreem media etc. then it will no doubt be outlawed the same as fox hunting.
After that using maggots will be deemed as cruewl and also banned!
daveb
daveb

Back to top Go down

Post  plantsbrook Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:51 pm

i think the rspca are going far beyond the realms of an animal welfare charity, and are rapidly heading towards being more like the 'league against cruel sports', which is the animal rights organisation reflecting the views of dictatorial vegans, who for some unknown reason they feel they have a right to dictate to the rest of us our morality.

plantsbrook
plantsbrook

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:56 pm

anyone who dunt eat meat,, don't hunt,, but leave the rest of us alone to do what comes naturally. Twisted Evil
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  plantsbrook Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:07 pm

rozzo wrote:anyone who dunt eat meat,, don't hunt,, but leave the rest of us alone to do what comes naturally. Twisted Evil

exactly mate - i dont know why but the tree huggers seem to think they have a right to dictate to us! drives me potty.
plantsbrook
plantsbrook

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:31 pm

plantsbrook wrote:
rozzo wrote:anyone who dunt eat meat,, don't hunt,, but leave the rest of us alone to do what comes naturally. Twisted Evil

exactly mate - i dont know why but the tree huggers seem to think they have a right to dictate to us! drives me potty.
wish they would go and hug a triffid............. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum