PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lures not doing what it says on the tin

2 posters

Go down

Lures not doing what it says on the tin Empty Lures not doing what it says on the tin

Post  plumb68 Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:43 pm

Last year I bought a savagegear 4play lip lure 1.3cm slow sinking and it slow sinks,
Then I got a couple more at 1.9cm, one was slow float that I would imagine should slowly float when you stop retrieving, but no it slowly sinks,
The other was a suspending one and surprise surprise it slowly sinks as well, am I missing something or am I just unlucky and got two faulty lures
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

Lures not doing what it says on the tin Empty Re: Lures not doing what it says on the tin

Post  fatcaff Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:43 pm

sounds like your trace wire might be weighing it down try smaller swivels and/or snap links
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Lures not doing what it says on the tin Empty Re: Lures not doing what it says on the tin

Post  plumb68 Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Surely when they make them they take into account of the weight of the trace, I will have to start using 2lb mono leaders instead lol
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:18 pm

you would think so but everybody uses different wire, swivels n clips so it would be difficult and ive seen some of their vids on youtube and i think they mainly use flurocarbon as leaders
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Post  plumb68 Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:01 am

I've tested the lures in a bucket,
The slow sink does just that until both trebles touch the bottom,
The suspending sinks but slower until the front treble touches bottom,
And the slow float actually suspends but that's without any trace, so in future I will buy either floating or sinking,

plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum