PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chew valley

+15
uglystik
memacca
matt859
tomthepiker
adie1200
silkmen
the bat
pikehunter20
Dave-Newman
MAD BAD ANGLER
stubbo
johnnym
rozzo
piketastic
psion
19 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

chew valley - Page 2 Empty Re: chew valley

Post  stubbo Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:54 pm

the bat wrote:I agree,everyman to his own,i,ve fished chew,loch fad,and many places in Scotland,ireland and wales but caught my pb of 34lb in Cheshire many yrs ago,20 mins from home! Very Happy 
love to see that photo pal any chance.............. Very Happy 
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:07 pm

I,l see if I can get my son to put it on for me,caught 25yrs ago when I,d just started piking,also had 2 20,s that season and numerous doubles.it was due to the exceptional venue and not my fishing skills I must add! not had a season like it and never will,but I am on chew next week! Smile 

the bat

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:05 pm

the bat wrote:I,l see if I can get my son to put it on for me,caught 25yrs ago when I,d just started piking,also had 2 20,s that season and numerous doubles.it was due to the exceptional venue and not my fishing skills I must add! not had a season like it and never will,but I am on chew next week! Smile 
good luck on chew pal What a Face 
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:23 pm

cheer Crying or Very sad s mate,terrible weather at chew this week,boats were,nt even let out on Monday due to dangerous winds.been 3 30,s out though,biggest 38lb I think,few 20,s too but lots of blanks.not heard any news from today only that the weather is terrible

the bat

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:15 pm

For those of you that's not heard about it Chews pike record has been broken  Very Happy 
Click on link below to find out more  Wink 

>>>>>    Chew new pike record  <<<<<
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:42 pm

That's a big belly!
How do you get tickets for chew then? Can you just give them a ring and that's it or is it pretty hard to get a space?
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:15 pm

tomthepiker wrote:That's a big belly!
How do you get tickets for chew then? Can you just give them a ring and that's it or is it pretty hard to get a space?
you mite want try booking on for next year mate its all fully booked up now..will that fish be full of eggs aswell as food now ??????????
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:55 pm

could well have spawn in it at this time of year,if it eats a trout or jack could beat the record on Monday when I catch her!lol Laughing 

the bat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-Newman Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:18 pm

id love to get a few days on there, just for the experience.... blank or not Smile
Dave-Newman
Dave-Newman

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:11 pm

I reckon that un is a record in the making. looks like it could put more weight on if you ask me,,,,,,,, Roll on for a chance at that one  Very Happy 
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:28 pm

what is the currant uk record is it 46lb ?
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:29 pm

British record 46lb 13oz, english record 46lb 11oz

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:51 pm

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:British record 46lb 13oz, english record 46lb 11oz
Mad bad I've seen a pic of you on the chew pictures site on google
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:14 pm

oooh not seen that, can you post a link Question Question 

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:15 pm

ooooppps found it  lol! lol! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:26 pm

nice fish mate what did it weigh
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:43 pm

If it is the fish that I am thinking of Jake, it was dead on 24. ....... and its a classic story if you ever have the pleasure of Gaz telling you it Very Happy 
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:35 pm

piketastic wrote:If it is the fish that I am thinking of Jake, it was dead on 24. ....... and its a classic story if you ever have the pleasure of Gaz telling you it Very Happy 
come on gaz tell the story bud Very Happy 
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:45 pm

I see that the Wykeham pike as been caught again at 45lb 11oz that's the pike that Neville been after

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:35 pm

46lb 11oz  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Its rather bizarre really that two have been captured over that weight yet they dont have any pictures, only the one of the Fox sponsered big name.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:07 pm

The photos of the 46lb 11oz pike are copyright protected :-) but you can find it here >>>linky

That's if you are on about the Wykeham pike Matt  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:37 pm

sorry silkmen, just moved house so not had internet. craig is right, the fish was 24lb on the nose. i had 2 days on chew, first day on the boats, i had a 15lb fish and my boat partner had a 31lb 6oz fish affraid also saw a 38 and a 35 caught. second day was on the bank, fished from walley bank, nige williams was also there in fact netted a 27 for him. anyway 9.30am alarm sounds, shacking from head to toe i picked up the rod and pulled some line of the bait runner (always fish off the bait runner or did then), sure enough line was being taken it was a run  cheers cheers i turned the reel handle to disengage the baitrunner, then wound down till i felt the fish and struck as hard as i could. thats when things went wrong.
for some reason the baitrunner re engaged causing a massive birds nest round the spool, shear panick then ensued  affraid affraid affraid the fish was still moving off and with out being able to give line, the rod just bent and bent. my mate just shouted at me "grab the line and pull", so thats what i did. i dropped the rod, grabbed the line and just kept pulling. luckily for me the fish didnt put up much of a fight and was soon in the net. 24lb on the dot. after a few slaps on the back, and well dones the jokes started about long lines, and it not counting as it wasnt on ROD and line. the rest of the day everyone called me THE POLE lol! lol! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:38 pm

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:sorry silkmen, just moved house so not had internet. craig is right, the fish was 24lb on the nose. i had 2 days on chew, first day on the boats, i had a 15lb fish and my boat partner had a 31lb 6oz fish affraid also saw a 38 and a 35 caught. second day was on the bank, fished from walley bank, nige williams was also there in fact netted a 27 for him. anyway 9.30am alarm sounds, shacking from head to toe i picked up the rod and pulled some line of the bait runner (always fish off the bait runner or did then), sure enough line was being taken it was a run  cheers cheers i turned the reel handle to disengage the baitrunner, then wound down till i felt the fish and struck as hard as i could. thats when things went wrong.
  for some reason the baitrunner re engaged causing a massive birds nest round the spool, shear panick then ensued  affraid affraid affraid the fish was still moving off and with out being able to give line, the rod just bent and bent. my mate just shouted at me "grab the line and pull", so thats what i did. i dropped the rod, grabbed the line and just kept pulling. luckily for me the fish didnt put up much of a fight and was soon in the net. 24lb on the dot. after a few slaps on the back, and well dones the jokes started about long lines, and it not counting as it wasnt on ROD and line. the rest of the day everyone called me THE POLE lol! lol! lol! 
that's pure bad luck and good luck rolled in one
you should change your profile name to the pole
thanks for the story mate
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:08 am

silkmen wrote:
MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:sorry silkmen, just moved house so not had internet. craig is right, the fish was 24lb on the nose. i had 2 days on chew, first day on the boats, i had a 15lb fish and my boat partner had a 31lb 6oz fish affraid also saw a 38 and a 35 caught. second day was on the bank, fished from walley bank, nige williams was also there in fact netted a 27 for him. anyway 9.30am alarm sounds, shacking from head to toe i picked up the rod and pulled some line of the bait runner (always fish off the bait runner or did then), sure enough line was being taken it was a run  cheers cheers i turned the reel handle to disengage the baitrunner, then wound down till i felt the fish and struck as hard as i could. thats when things went wrong.
that's pure bad luck and good luck rolled in one
you should change your profile name to the pole
thanks for the story mate
great story, thanks for sharing it. and that is why i stopped using baitrunners in favour of big pit reels lol
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next