PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LAS Lurefair - Saturday April 5th 2014

5 posters

Go down

LAS Lurefair - Saturday April 5th 2014 Empty LAS Lurefair - Saturday April 5th 2014

Post  Alex Makk Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:32 pm

LAS Lurefair - Saturday April 5th 2014 Lurefair+2014jpg
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

LAS Lurefair - Saturday April 5th 2014 Empty Re: LAS Lurefair - Saturday April 5th 2014

Post  steve.w Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:20 am

I'm glad it's too far for me to travel,as I know I would be separated from the the last few pounds I have Laughing .
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

LAS Lurefair - Saturday April 5th 2014 Empty Re: LAS Lurefair - Saturday April 5th 2014

Post  Alex Makk Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:01 pm

steve.w wrote:I'm glad it's too far for me to travel,as I know I would be separated from the the last few pounds I have Laughing .

So far myself and Ian plan to make the journey, I will admit that it is a good trek for us more northern folk, perhans get together are have a carpool those who aren't driving chip in towards the petrol? The last one was held at Derby and it seemed perfect, smack in middle of the UK.
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  steve.w Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:19 pm

I should have gone to the Derby one,kicking myself for missing that.How do you stop yourself spending more than you can afford at these shows Alex?I'm addicted to lure buying but have very little work on at the moment so got to be careful.I've put the lure rods away now and spending a bit of time soaking dead baits,having some success as well,but you cant beat throwing lures can you?
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Throwing lures is all I do,

I'm saving up for this one, although at the last one the only cash I took was around £30 and still had a good day. It shows that sometimes you don't need a wallet full of cash at events like this. Just good company and a few quid to buy a thing or two.
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:23 pm

steve.w wrote:I should have gone to the Derby one,kicking myself for missing that.How do you stop yourself spending more than you can afford at these shows Alex?I'm addicted to lure buying but have very little work on at the moment so got to be careful.I've put the lure rods away now and spending a bit of time soaking dead baits,having some success as well,but you cant beat throwing lures can you?
still mild enough to catch on lures pal had a few the other week ......jacks but ha ho Very Happy 
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  steve.w Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:13 am

My two favourite lure fishing venues are unfishable with water in the fields at the moment stubbo.The drain I'm fishing now surprisingly has not been affected by the extra water.I took the lure rod a couple of times and couldn't get a follow,but with all the walking I did I saw some good looking spots for dead baiting and found some nice pike.
I hope at least one of my rivers gets back to normal before the end of the season so I can get back to what I enjoy the most,but till then I'll keep soaking some dead baits Very Happy .
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Alex Makk wrote:Throwing lures is all I do,

I'm saving up for this one, although at the last one the only cash I took was around £30 and still had a good day. It shows that sometimes you don't need a wallet full of cash at events like this. Just good company and a few quid to buy a thing or two.

pretty sure you fell in with the wrong crowd at the last one though Razz 
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Blakey Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:19 pm

noodle wrote:

He certainly did !!!!  

LAS Lurefair - Saturday April 5th 2014 2litxtl

That Kato is a dodgy character !!!!!!!!! Laughing 
Phil Very Happy

Phil Blakey

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:57 am

Phil Blakey wrote:
noodle wrote:

He certainly did !!!!  

LAS Lurefair - Saturday April 5th 2014 2litxtl

That Kato is a dodgy character !!!!!!!!! Laughing 
Phil Very Happy

lol! lol! 
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:08 pm

LUREFAIR SPEAKERS 2014

Eric Edwards – The Pursuit of Big Pike on Lures
Few anglers in the UK can claim to have caught as many huge pike on lures as Eric Edwards. With countless 20’s, three 30’s and a jaw dropping ‘40’ to his name, when Eric talks about big fish, he talks with experience. Rather than follow the herd, Eric prefers to seek out new waters, new methods and often has an interesting approach to lure choice. Best of all, not only is Eric a great angler, but he is also an engaging and articulate speaker. Not to be missed!

Martin Salter – Luring from Westminster to The Great Barrier Reef
When passionate angler Martin Salter started a campaign to lift the ban on angling on his local water in Reading many years ago, little did he know his success would catapult him into a career in politics and lead to become Britain’s best know fishing politician. Now retired as an MP, Martin still continues to fight for anglers’ rights in his role as Campaigns Manager for the Angling Trust. Away from politics, Martin loves nothing better than lure fishing for exotic species and has recently returned from a trip to Argentina in search of the elusive and spectacular Golden Dorado. In this fascinating presentation Martin will inspire us, amuse us and amaze us with the fish, the fun and the fighting for fishing that have defined his life.

THE DROP SHOT FORUM will attract those who have tried this method and equally those who have not tried it. The forum will consist of Simon Nichol who is well known to readers of ‘Lure Angler’ magazine with magnificent perch catches. Julian Chidgey catches perch using the drop shot on the Fox ‘Rage’ video and is an excellent all round angler. Tim Kelly is a past Chairman of the LAS and has a record of big fish using the DS method.
Roy Goddard will Chair the forum, a list of questions will be asked by the Chairman for the members of the forum to give their views. The first question is ‘Why is drop shotting so successful?’ There will be a questions from the floor session.

ANDY LUSH from THE FRIENDLY FISHERMAN will be talking and demonstrating how you use an Echo Sounder and what it can tell you. So many of us need to know more about the depth we are fishing in and at times seeing what fish are in the area. Also Andy can discuss the latest developments in fishing electronics.

WE ALSO HAVE THESE BOOKED STANDS FOR THE LUREFAIR 2014 TOO,

Harissportsmail
Sovereign Superbaits
Lure-World
Lure-Anglers-Shop
Art of Fishing
The Pike Shop
Franglais Fishing
Bass Online
& much much more.

The stall holders are giving some good bargains, buy one get one free on savage gear real eels and soft 4plays, free goody bags, team dragon (not dragon carp) rods & lures on sale, sovereign superbaits showcasing their new range of lures at a fiver each. I'm looking forward to listening to the speakers and the 2nd hand stall is gonna be a goldmine
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down