PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snapping mid cast

3 posters

Go down

Snapping mid cast Empty Snapping mid cast

Post  Flyfishin Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:10 pm

Hey all

Just wondering I've been snapping on PowerPro braid 44lb brand new when deadbaiting just when your going to cast then snap the lines goes.. also when you look at the line it's clearly snapped mid line not a knot problem. Just wondering would it be my setup for deadbaiting that's causing it ? I don't want to be leaving out fish with hooks out their incase a pike picks it up..

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Flyfishin

Back to top Go down

Snapping mid cast Empty Re: Snapping mid cast

Post  lowdouble Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:01 am

Check the liners in the eye of your rod, usually the tip ring, the ceramic gets cracked and as its glass like it leaves a very sharp edge, pull weak cotton round the ring and see if any snag up. pike will die with baited traces left in the water so try and fix it asap, theres no reason to snap off on braid that strength, change it all as sometimes theres bad batches.
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfishin Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:14 am

Cheers will do that
It's weird because I've been using that same line for lure fishing an I haven't lost One lure yet. I'll have a try

Cheers.

Last edited by Flyfishin on Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Flyfishin

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:17 am

different rod? there can sometimes be a small gap between bail arm and line roller that snags the line too. strange like you say Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:37 am

lowdouble wrote:different rod?     there can sometimes be a small gap between bail arm and line roller that snags the line too.    strange like you say Wink
never had a problem with power pro , must be an other reason,,, as low double says
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Snapping mid cast Empty power pro copy

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:54 pm

just check it is the real stuff, I stupidly bought some off ebay a few years ago for a fiver yea right....it was shite but still had the power pro logo on it .... beware What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfishin Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:58 pm

stubbo wrote:just  check it is the real stuff,  I stupidly bought some off ebay a few years ago for a fiver  yea right....it was shite  but still had the power pro logo on it .... beware What a Face

Bought it off a good supplier went out with the rod today and everything went smoothly.. wierd though!

Flyfishin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down