PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tumble weeds

+2
adie1200
lowdouble
6 posters

Go down

tumble weeds Empty tumble weeds

Post  lowdouble Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:25 pm

Its gone very quiet Shocked       Is the season over and nobody told me? Embarassed Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

tumble weeds Empty Re: tumble weeds

Post  adie1200 Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:52 pm

It's not usually this quiet at this time of year Rolling Eyes I don't know were everyone is pale I'm sat watching my rods which are doing sod all lol had 2 jacks this morning so at least it's not another blank lol! packing up in a few minutes as it's almost time to pick my better half up from work
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:39 pm

Good man Adie, getting a few Very Happy It only takes one run and a couple of minutes to turn a poor day into a fantastic day Wink Wink

I am flat out in the man cave, re spooling reels and making traces. a real good pike angler is coming on saturday, who had fish over 28lb with me years ago. The pressure will be on me with this weather forecast. -6 and N/E all week Twisted Evil
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:50 pm

not been out for 4 weeks , i do a bit of shooting in feb , so concentrate on that and training the dog on picking up
also my dad died 3 weeks ago so not really been up for it , the inlaws have been in his house and rifled it, and i was not consulted... not happy.... thats familys for you...... Evil or Very Mad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:40 pm

I spent half of the last month ill with flu, and before that have struggled with persistent ice on my usual venue. Now work is getting busy, I'll have less time to get out, but planning to anyway. Delegate to the lackies!
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:34 pm

stubbo wrote:not been out for 4 weeks , i do a bit of shooting in feb , so concentrate on that and training the dog on picking up
also my dad died 3 weeks ago so not really been up for it , the inlaws have been in his house and rifled it, and i was not consulted... not happy.... thats familys for you...... Evil or Very Mad

Sorry to hear about your dad Stubbo Sad my condolences mate Sad Sad Sad
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:53 am

So very sorry to hear your sad news Steve. My deepest condolences. time is a great healer mate.
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:20 am

stubbo wrote:not been out for 4 weeks , i do a bit of shooting in feb , so concentrate on that and training the dog on picking up

Very sorry to hear that Stubbo. Crying or Very sad
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:47 pm

Very sorry to hear that Stubbo

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  mal wynne Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:35 pm

sorry to read your sad news Steve , not been on here for weeks so only just seen it mate,

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

tumble weeds Empty tumble weeds

Post  stubbo Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:21 pm

it has gone a bit tumble weeds on here , i can feel the urge to fish coming on..... Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:52 pm

Get yourself out there Steve lol I'm busy with other stuff at the moment but hopefully will get out next week Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:52 pm

adie1200 wrote:Get yourself out there Steve lol I'm busy with other stuff at the moment but hopefully will get out next week Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
did manage to get out in the week short session but very productive , will put pics on....... anybody catching Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:13 am

think everyone will be thinking about putting there piking gear away very shortly , so it will go tumble weeds on here soon
think i will be having a couple of short sessions then that will be it , there is supposed to be another cold spell coming in over the easter , the weather is all over the place with the temps up and down , think they will spawn a few weeks later than normal me thinks.......so there might be a last gasp biggy on here .... who knows.......regards stubbo What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:34 pm

stubbo wrote:think everyone will be thinking about putting there piking gear away very shortly , so it will go tumble weeds on here soon
think i will be having a couple of short  sessions then that will be it , there is supposed to be another cold spell coming in over the easter , the weather is all over the place with the temps up and down , think they will spawn a few weeks later than normal me thinks.......so there might be a last gasp biggy on here .... who knows.......regards stubbo   What a Face

Might get out Easter weekend. The forecast is a little less brutal than first I thought (lows of minus 1 overnight, highs of 3 through the day). Might have a chance at some decent fishing.
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:46 pm

No real signs of spawning here yet Steve, but they are in the bays ready for action, just not feeding. april on the lures for me trolling trolling trolling, until water temps reach 12 and then its all over for me too. good luck for a big girl guys Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:50 pm

My last trip tomorrow

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:31 am

lowdouble wrote:No real signs of spawning here yet Steve,  but they are in the bays ready for action,  just not feeding.  april on the lures for me trolling trolling trolling,  until water temps reach 12 and then its all over for me too.   good luck for a big girl guys Very Happy

The long range forecast seems to indicate a shift to slightly warmer weather second week of April, but it will be a long time before the water gets anywhere near double digits. I'm a member of a wild swimming group on Facebook (the nutters swim right through winter) and the water temperature in the Firth of Forth has been the lowest for many, many years. Was down to 3c during January and February, which is very unusual for the sea.
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum