PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A bloody cold day out!

Go down

A bloody cold day out! Empty A bloody cold day out!

Post  The fisherman on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:30 pm

It had been too long since I had been fishing and even longer since being out in my kayak. With the amount of rain we’ve had in the last few days my normal kayaking spots on the Thames were a no no so Ardingly Reservoir it was. I spent most of yesterday refreshing the weather forecast app in the hope it would look better and by this morning it looked a little better. A little bit of rain and 30 odd mph winds... Luckily the rain pretty much stayed away, just the odd small shower but it was bloody windy. I tried out in the open deeper water where a few had been coming out but with the wind it was freezing and even with my drouge I couldn’t drift slow enough. I tried a few sheltered spots, tried drop shotting, even with real worms, big and small lures, big and small jigs and trolling in between but nothing. By now I was freezing cold and not enjoying it so headed back in. On the way back in I tried a sheltered shallow bay with a large jig. On the second cast on a really slow retrieve I felt some really shy nibbling and thought it might be a perch. It gave a better bite so I struck but nothing. Cast again and the same happened. A couple more casts and I had another shy tug and lifted into a fish! No monster but a welcome sight on a horrible day. Couldn’t even feel my feet not just my toes!!

A bloody cold day out! B390be10[/url]
The fisherman
The fisherman

Back to top Go down

A bloody cold day out! Empty Re: A bloody cold day out!

Post  mal wynne on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:28 pm

perseverence paid off in the end Smile

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

A bloody cold day out! Empty temps

Post  stubbo on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:33 pm

what's going on with the temps lately 12c today like the Bahamas in the sun , sadly no fish were having it ........Twisted Evil
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The fisherman on Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:08 pm

stubbo wrote:what's going on with the temps lately  12c  today like the Bahamas in the sun , sadly no fish were having it ........Twisted Evil  

I know. Been working in Poole today and yesterday and was lovely in the sun, spring is definitely coming bouncebounceVery Happy:bouncebounce
The fisherman
The fisherman

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:10 pm

The fisherman wrote:
stubbo wrote:what's going on with the temps lately  12c  today like the Bahamas in the sun , sadly no fish were having it ........Twisted Evil  

I know. Been working in Poole today and yesterday and was lovely in the sun, spring is definitely coming bouncebounceVery Happy:bouncebounce
watched 2 king fishers today chasing each other , so your right pal......Laughing
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum