PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

perch session today...and no nuicance pike too..

Go down

perch session today...and no nuicance pike too.. Empty perch session today...and no nuicance pike too..

Post  stubbo on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:34 pm

been out today on the venue were I am targeting perch , to catch the bigger fish you need to fish a live bait below a float on an roaming approach , caught some nice little roach on pinkies to a size 22 hook the roach are about 50mm long and fished these at half depth , but this venue is full of jack pike , so I had to use a light wire trace of about 2ft long , I would normally use 6lb fluorocarbon if it was a pike free venue.
Had to wait till last knockings till any action , not big fish but a result and this time no pike took the baits which was not the norm on this water. I just had to stick at it to get the result I wanted....... and hopefully there are bigger fish to catch in the future.....perch session today...and no nuicance pike too.. At_las10perch session today...and no nuicance pike too.. At_las11
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

perch session today...and no nuicance pike too.. Empty Re: perch session today...and no nuicance pike too..

Post  adie1200 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:45 pm

You got there in the end Steve thats what matters Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Maybe next time you will get its mum Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

perch session today...and no nuicance pike too.. Empty Re: perch session today...and no nuicance pike too..

Post  stubbo on Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:14 pm

adie1200 wrote:You got there in the end Steve thats what matters Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Maybe next time you will get its mum Very Happy
its took some working out, think I have just scratched the surface on this venue
like any new venue it takes time to work out the swims, moods, feeding ,bait fish and so forth , and after all that the bloody pike want the baits too....not complaining , as the pike is a apex predator in there......gone fishing
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:36 pm

I'm same at the moment with the canal I've been fishing Shocked
To say its very similar to other canals I fish in lots of ways the fish don't agree lol!
But slowly getting there scratch
I've been with Kell and another lad today to another section of the same canal about a mile away and 3 of us fishing in as many ways as we could we couldn't buy a bite today affraid affraid affraid
Oh well back to where I was last couple of weeks one day next week or even 2 smile
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:57 pm

adie1200 wrote:I'm same at the moment with the canal I've been fishing Shocked
To say its very similar to other canals I fish in lots of ways the fish don't agree lol!
But slowly getting there scratch
I've been with Kell and another lad today to another section of the same canal about a mile away and 3 of us fishing in as many ways as we could we couldn't buy a bite today affraid affraid affraid
Oh well back to where I was last couple of weeks one day next week or even 2 smile
that could be where the bait fish are adie
worth a try pal
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:38 pm

Nice looking perch Stubbo. I wish wish wish they made 20lb, then we would all chase them Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum