PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching part two

+16
Tigi113
Fish-N-Fool
Steve French
andycoe76
pikemon
MAD BAD ANGLER
Pikeypete
mal wynne
fatcaff
matt859
rozzo
piketastic
the bat
J Robinson
lowdouble
David Wynne
20 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching part two Empty Anybody Catching part two

Post  David Wynne Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:47 pm

Had a session on my runs water yesterday after my plans to go to the Welsh Lake were scuppered by the forecast of 55mph winds hitting the area.

I arrived to find every platform under water with the level up a good 12" on my last visit. I opted for a peg that had a platform that is shorter and slightly higher so it only had about a 4" covering of water on it. My thinking was that I'd be less likely to slip over and have an early bath on the shorter platform as I only had my thermal moon boots which fortunately are waterproof.

Runs were from the off again and by 10:30 I'd had 9 runs and landed 5 fish, nothing big with the best at 8Lbs 14oz. The wind then got up to the point where I couldn't cast out to the deeper hole as the wind was pushing that strong right into my face. I had a couple more dropped runs but the wind was proving to make fishing increasingly impossible. I contemplated a move to a more sheltered area but another couple of Pike anglers had arrived and after fishing further up the bank I was on, they headed to the swims where there was some respite from the wind. I'd had enough by 13:30 and with the wind showing no sign of blowing itself out, I packed up and headed for home.

Anybody Catching part two Img_0330Anybody Catching part two Img_0331Anybody Catching part two Img_0332Anybody Catching part two Img_0410

The Pike all looked ready to spawn on here today and as soon as there is a slight increase in temperature I'd expect them to do the deed, so it'll be my last session Piking on here this season. It's been enjoyable and has certainly served it's purpose as a confidence booster this winter. Hopefully I'll squeeze a couple more sessions in Pike fishing somewhere over the next couple of weeks before switching to overnight sessions after Carp and Bream.
David Wynne
David Wynne

pestguard1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part two Empty Re: Anybody Catching part two

Post  lowdouble Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:38 am

Well done david, great sport☺. your waters must be a lot warmer than mine over here, 3.1C and needs to be 8 or more before they venture into the bays on mass, a few go early but more go late Wink I am still catching in 42ft of ice cold water, it will be a month at least before they go off, then I leave them alone. tight lines and get a lump before its over Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:37 pm

Another slow day yesterday just two jacks better than a blank.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:05 pm

Twos better than none, well done Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Yes, it is we all hate blanking. I had a look through my old diaries - I had to go back ten years for a season in which I have not had at least one twenty pounder.
I have ordered some bait from Angling World should be here Friday looks good on the web site. I've a week booked in Scotland mid March so there's time to catch a big fish yet.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:52 pm

We all struggle at times Psion, and then all of a sudden we can do no wrong. bigger fish turn on for goodness knows what reason. scotland is sure the place for a big girl. tight lines Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:08 pm

Had a day on a club water yesterday.

I arrived at first light and headed straight up the far end of the lake. My plan was to bait 3 swims with chopped fish and fish them alternatively. I started in the middle swim and was contemplating moving to my next swim when the Sardine rod was away, you get a good view of the fish in the clear shallow water on this lake, so I could see it was double straight away and on the scales it went 12Lbs 6oz. I tried both other swims and didn't have a bleep so back in the middle swim and the Bluey rod was away with a small Jack of about 4Lbs that I was able to unhook in the water. Same routine, try the other swims for zilch, back to my middle swim and within 30 minutes I had a Jack of around 6Lbs. I gave it another go in the other swims after chucking a bit more chop in all of them, but again nothing on either swim. I decided then that I'd sit it out in the middle swim and was rewarded with the same fish at 12Lbs 6oz i'd caught in the morning Shocked That was first for me, I've had plenty of repeat captures but not 6hrs apart. I managed 2 further runs from the middle swim but the hooks pulled on both of them, although I did see them in the clear water and both were small Jacks.

Not a bad days fishing for this water considering it was a bitterly cold day and it has a reputation for being a right moody, head scratcher at times.

Anybody Catching part two Img_3311
Anybody Catching part two Img_3310

Same fish caught 6hrs apart. After studying the pictures, I'm pretty certain I had it last season twice at 12Lbs 12oz, although that time it was over a week apart.
David Wynne
David Wynne

pestguard1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:07 am

Nice fishing David Very Happy They can be greedy sometimes, ive caught the same fish twice in a day too but never 20s lol. Your finishing the season strong Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:31 pm

Good angling David Wink your persistence paid off mate well done
I've had a few pike that I've caught twice within a few hours lol sometimes they just go for it and other times they are spooked at the slightest thing and you can't get then going at all Shocked
One I particularly remember was when a friend of mine who had never had a double since starting piking about 6 years earlier so I arranged to take him with another mate to a small river I know that not too many know about as it's quite a walk it's a rice that is tidal and it was just starting to run off when I set him up and told him where to cast and he did so and set his rod in the rests and set his baitrunner and the alarm was very slowly beeping right from him setting his rod down just a slow beep which I though was the rig settling in the pull of the water but after about 20 seconds I told him to check his rod and as soon as he lifted his rod to feel what was going on his rod bent over and he was in his bait must have landed right on top of the pike Very Happy after a spirited fight I slipped the net under what I was sure was his first double I was well pleased but when he started to unhook it he saiď I think we have a problem he couldn't see the hooks pale pale it took a bit of doing but I managed to gently pull o the trace until I could get to the hooks I had to rest it in the edge of the river a couple of times before I had got the hooks out leaving only the small holes from the hooks so no real harm was done apart from it taking a while to do we placed it in the net in the flow and left it to recover fingers crossed it would be ok ! It was looking good breathing fine and gently moving with the flow so after about 30 mins we weighed it which my mate was itching to do lol and the scales settled at 10.8lb at last he had a double Very Happy I let it out of the net and it slowly swam down to the bottom which was about 3ft and stayed there and didn't move for what seemed a age pale I was at this point a little worried I've done 6 or 7 other deep hooked pike over the years only one of my own I'm pleased to say and they have always gone back ok pale It sat there for about a hour it was breathing normally and sat as it should but I was getting concerned until it slowly moved off and was gone but still in the the back of my mind I was worried ! About this time my other mate turned up and started off with his lure rod and after 6 or 7 casts he was into a nice pike which put up a good scrap but was soon in the net and I shouted yes yes yes lol it was the same pike that my mate had out earlier and had put up a good scrap so I now knew it was ok and I felt a great weight lift off my shoulders Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:07 pm

It happens to us all sometimes Adie, well looked after mate Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:50 am

With the weather for the week looking bad we decided to go out yesterday. Unfortunately we blanked six rods eight hours not a touch.
On a positive note it was a nice day as we sat there putting the world to rights.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:53 pm

Day one of 6 yesterday, and possibly the coldest fishing day of my life, until today which was definitely the coldest day of my fishing life lol lol lol

Breaking ice with the boat to even get out, and floating sheets causing problems all day. 6 runs both days and 6 fish landed, the best 2 being 16lb 2oz and 20lb 1oz. The bad news is its getting colder from this evening and 40cm of snow forecast for thursday. this will be a tough week Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:13 pm

Wonder if we will see any pics of pike caught in the snow this coming week with The Beast from the East lol good title for a film lol! lol! lol!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:11 am

I think lowdouble is venturing out this week so he may have a snow picture. I have nothing planned till next week I may try a river venue before
the closed season.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:54 pm

Is that snowy enough Psion,   today  -5   30mph east winds and 4" of snow.  happy man with a 21lb 3oz☺

Anybody Catching part two Dsc01011
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:52 pm

I thought if it was going to be anyone it would be you Andy lol well done cheers cheers cheers
No chance of me getting one I've been down with this bloody flu bug that's going round since Friday affraid
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:07 pm

Oh mate,  get well soon☺

Heres my 20lb 1oz,  tatty old thing,  but they all count Wink

Anybody Catching part two Dsc01012
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:52 pm

She looks like she's seen some action Andy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Plenty of life left in her though I'll bet
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:16 am

Now that's what I call snow. I am hoping that all the snow will be gone by next week and I can get out to fish at the monent you can't get anywhere.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:37 pm

Snowed in today lads, at least 12" and -8 at the minute.
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:41 pm

psion wrote:Now that's what I call snow. I am hoping that all the snow will be gone by next week and I can get out to fish at the monent you can't get anywhere.
you wont be going to Scotland pal that's for sure........
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:19 pm

I have booked 5 days in Scotland starting 10th of March. I am hoping the weather's better by then.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:29 am

At the moment I am mostly building a massive pile of snow halfway down the drive clearing the 18-24 inch snow drift that seems to appear three times a day.

Anybody Catching part two 28471944_10160070394445181_2292857454767112192_n
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:07 pm

Not quite that much over here J, but too much for me lol. i want a snow shovel like yours Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Anybody Catching part two 28514510
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:01 pm

Still looks pretty serious there though Andy!

We're over the worst of it now I think, in terms of the drifting. Had the worst drift so far this morning but it's not filled up that much over the course of the day. This is the pile as it stands, and is the snow cleared only from 40m of track:

Anybody Catching part two 28379452_10157172261843136_6702588740700756648_n

Spent an hour plowing the half mile of estate road from our house to the main road with my daughter. She really enjoyed it and I have to admit that I love plowing snow! Laughing
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next