PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching part two

+16
Tigi113
Fish-N-Fool
Steve French
andycoe76
pikemon
MAD BAD ANGLER
Pikeypete
mal wynne
fatcaff
matt859
rozzo
piketastic
the bat
J Robinson
lowdouble
David Wynne
20 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 35 Empty Re: Anybody Catching part two

Post  lowdouble Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:49 pm

Thanks guys, as you know theres no closed season over here and no sign of spawning yet either. I am out for 7 days on the trot next week so fingers crossed for some great sport Wink or lots of BLANKS bounce bounce bounce
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:51 pm

Lucky you Andy lol! lol! lol!  Good luck mate I'll look forward to some nice pics was

Thumb up
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:45 am

Good luck Andy hope you get another twenty. We were out Wednesday my mate had a 14lb and I had a 9lb it looked bigger.
I am off to Scotland this week for three days fishing. Wish me luck.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:57 am

Good luck psion I hope the pike are obliging for you 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:30 pm

The pike I caught was blind in one eye. IT WAS A ONE EYED JACK.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Well done Psion and good luck, we are having a nightmare and they must be spawning, 2 days and 3 small jacks, Very tough going.
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:36 pm

lowdouble wrote:Well done Psion and good luck,     we are having a nightmare and they must be spawning,   2 days and 3 small jacks,   Very tough going.
Spent 5 days on a very big water up north in the first week in March .Managed a 19 and a couple more doubles and jacks but it was way harder than the same week last year.The water temp was the same as last year but they must have been nearer spawning this time. Pike could be seen tight to the lake bed in groups on the finder near spawning areas but wouldn't feed.

mattjb

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:57 pm

Look's like fishing getting harder but a 19 pounder is a nice fish Matt.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:49 am

that was my hardest weeks fishing ever Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad They are definitely spawning and out of respect i never fish the shallow bays, let them go at it lol. 22 fish and only 3 doubles, 11lb 16lb 6oz and 18lb 10oz, lost 4 and missed 12. TOUGH Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:16 am

At least you got into some fish and 18 pounder was nice to catch. My trip didn't go to well. First day was great I had 6 pike biggest 17lb.
I thought I got a picture but when I looked into my phone there was nothing there.
Second day I got stuck in the mud on my way to my fishing spot, the AWD wasn't working right by the time I got put out there was no time left to go fishing.
Day three the hotel I was in had to shut down because of the virus so I came home.
I think I will try to get out one last time before the end of March. Then its cleaning all the tackle to put away till next season.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:12 pm

Great start mate, the rest was not so much fun I bet Crying or Very sad

trout for me now for a month and then back out with the Pike lures, 6 hooked today, 2 landed 2lb and 3lb 4oz, 2 lost around the net and 2 lost at long range, not too bad a start☺
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 35 Empty last gasp pike session before lockdown.....

Post  stubbo Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:29 pm

Anybody Catching part two - Page 35 Last_g10Anybody Catching part two - Page 35 Last_g11Anybody Catching part two - Page 35 Last_g12Anybody Catching part two - Page 35 Last_g13
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:54 pm

Nice one stubbo,  and even a bit of sunshine too Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I took the wife today for the morning trout fishing,  trolling 2oz dead roach,   I kicked her off the boat at lunch as she was beating me 3 - 0 lol,   She managed a 1lb jack,  a 6lb jack and a beautiful 3lb 8oz brownie,   When the rods were all mine ?i too had a couple of jacks plus a 4lb 5oz trout and a lovely dark 5lb 1oz,  all wild and all C&R Wink

Anybody Catching part two - Page 35 310

Anybody Catching part two - Page 35 510
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:27 pm

Nice end to the season Stubbo, some crackers there. I finished with a 12Lbs 2oz spawned out Pike from where I had my big fish earlier in the season. I didn't think they would have spawned as it was still quite cold, but they'd already done the deed, so the Pike gear is away for another season.

I'm like everyone else now with no idea when I'll be back fishing. I keep telling myself it's just like the old closed season but it still seems very strange not going fishing, but in the grand scheme of things it means nothing when you watch the news and see what people are going through. I hope everyone stays safe and follows the lockdown rules to the letter so we can beat this Coronavirus once and for all.

Remember "The virus doesn't move, people move it. We stop moving, the virus stops moving, the virus dies. It's that simple"
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:34 pm

David Wynne wrote:Nice end to the season Stubbo, some crackers there. I finished with a 12Lbs 2oz spawned out Pike from where I had my big fish earlier in the season. I didn't think they would have spawned as it was still quite cold, but they'd already done the deed, so the Pike gear is away for another season.

I'm like everyone else now with no idea when I'll be back fishing. I keep telling myself it's just like the old closed season but it still seems very strange not going fishing, but in the grand scheme of things it means nothing when you watch the news and see what people are going through. I hope everyone stays safe and follows the lockdown rules to the letter so we can beat this Coronavirus once and for all.

Remember "The virus doesn't move, people move it. We stop moving, the virus stops moving, the virus dies. It's that simple"
the problem is Dave some people just will do the opposite to break the rules , scum bags , **** heads and smack heads and dealers wont stop there activities ....... even today seen gangs of teenagers hanging about
your right dave its so simple ...but sadly so are people...... Sad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:50 pm

lowdouble wrote:Nice one stubbo,  and even a bit of sunshine too Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I took the wife today for the morning trout fishing,  trolling 2oz dead roach,   I kicked her off the boat at lunch as she was beating me 3 - 0 lol,   She managed a 1lb jack,  a 6lb jack and a beautiful 3lb 8oz brownie,   When the rods were all mine ?i too had a couple of jacks plus a 4lb 5oz trout and a lovely dark 5lb 1oz,  all wild and all C&R Wink

Anybody Catching part two - Page 35 310

Anybody Catching part two - Page 35 510
nice fish andy ...better on the end of a fly rod pal..... Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:48 pm

Nice fish lads Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I didn't think we would be seeing any for a while so these are very much welcome cheers cheers cheers

I'm gutted I have loads of dead bait left and can't use it affraid affraid But we do need to stay safe and stay at home as much as possible Sad Sad Sad
My wife works at a doctors surgery and they have to stay open but at least they are only doing consultations by phone or only seeing patients under extreme circumstances after talking to a doctor to make sure they are safe to see them and even then they have to keep a good distance for the doctor !
I worry that Christine my wife will catch it and then we will both be in quarantine Shocked Shocked Shocked
Oh well lol hopefully it will pass by soon and not take too many lives Shocked

Stay safe everyone and try to make the most of it ( Andrew you already are you lucky sod lol )

adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:26 am

I went again yesterday lads,   3 Trout in 4 hours,  3lb,   long and lean 6lb 10oz and a fit and fat powerhouse at 8lb 4oz.   nice sport Wink
I would love one on the fly that size stubbo,  but i will take them any way i can lol lol lol.
Anybody Catching part two - Page 35 6lb_1010
Anybody Catching part two - Page 35 8lb_4o10

Ireland is now on lockdown for 14 days so no more fishing for me.  ?i feel like shite today,  the Daughter is a nurse and is really poorly and was tested yesterday,  and the wife is coming down with it too.  I hope its just the flu Shocked
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:15 pm

lowdouble wrote:
Ireland is now on lockdown for 14 days so no more fishing for me.  ?i feel like shite today,  the Daughter is a nurse and is really poorly and was tested yesterday,  and the wife is coming down with it too.  I hope its just the flu Shocked

I hope it's not the dreaded Coronavirus Andy pale fingers crossed for you all mate Crying or Very sad stay safe Wink
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:18 pm

Oh lol and forgot to say lovely Trout Andy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 14 days will soon pass we don't have a real end date for ours yet Shocked Its only been a week and I'm going stir crazy already lol! lol! lol!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 35 Empty the virus

Post  stubbo Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:34 pm

According to the expert's they have estimated that up to 45 million could have already have had the virus in the uk already..
I had a bad virus at the end of January  had all the symptoms of the virus , but who knows no way of testing yourself at the moment , I just hope I did have it and got through it  ok , but it really was a nasty few weeks getting over it .......stay safe, stay home.... Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:02 am

Hi lads , good to see you all still on here, hope you’re all well. I will try and be on more in the future. Craig
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:08 am

Hi all. It was nice seeing some fish before the shut down. We are just entering our second week and we are both ok so far but my son and his fiance have
it. Like all fishman am going stir crazy Mad bounce because we like to be out enjoying the countryside. I hope you all get through this ok.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:04 pm

piketastic wrote:Hi lads ,  good to see you all  still on here,  hope you’re all well.   I will try and be on more in the future.   Craig
hi Craig nice too hear from you again , have you been out much since I last seen you pal , been very poorly with a virus , but on the mend now pal , will be taking my boat back to the lake after the lock down pal will pm you when I get the ok
regards steve
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:48 pm

Hi. Putting the virus to one side I hope you all had a good season. As I said in a previous post I had a great season but it was not without
some problems. I brought a Korum day shelter which I thought was ok till I put it up in a strong wind and it snapped all the poles off.Anybody Catching part two - Page 35 20191112
I also bought a Fox predator rod (which was a replacement for rod which I broke ) that snapped off casting a Mackerel tail.
Fortunately, I got my money back on the shelter and they replaced the top section of the rod so have to give a thumbs up to Angling Direct.
The next incident was a really stupid one - I reversed my car over my rod bag and broke all three rods.
Looking on the positive side they were on old ones (but favourites) and was planning on replacing them this year with three new ones for my Seventh birthday.
So any suggestions/recommendations would be much appreciated - I'm looking to spend £150-£200 a rod. It is my Seventh after all!!
I do hope we all come through this situation unscathed and I will hear from you all next season. Looking forward to wetting a line soon.

ATB Ian.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next