PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PICK UP YOUR SHIT.

4 posters

Go down

PICK UP YOUR SHIT. Empty PICK UP YOUR SHIT.

Post  Wallop78 Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:37 pm

This is my first post on here and I wish it were a merier one. I started fishing again 2 weeks ago after a hiatus of over 20 years. I fished for all sorts when I was a teen (before the parties and the women) and had some big numbers to my name. I've recently decided to give lure fishing a bash as I'm originally from Durham which was pretty much devoid of pike, and now live in Fife, Scotland, where pike fishing is more accessible....or so I thought.
Anyway, I've spent the last couple of weeks dotting around the free spots and had reasonable success. However, the state of the waters is absolutely shocking. Everywhere I go there are empty cans, tangled mono, lure packets, burger packets, smashed glass, and even a burnt deckchair. Today I fished a day ticket water and there must have been over 15 frozen deadbait packets strewn around the place. I also got snagged on something close in which I initially thought was weed. Turns out it was a ball of tangled braid which had just been thrown into the water. I picked up as much of the shit as I could but I only had so much room in my bag.
I'm not really into fishing big lochs so hoping to find some smaller waters to fish regularly, but the ones I've found so far look like a landfill. I've been to a place recently which despite what I've read on the Internet, I'm sure holds some surprises (emptied by foreign fishmongers) and I'm going to have a tidy up and try to open up a couple of overgrown swims. I've had a couple of follows although I can't tell what size and I can pull out half pound jacks out of there on a jig all day if I wanted to. I just hope I dont turn up at the place a week later to find another pile of junk I need to clean up.
Anyone in Fife who could point me in the direction of some places to sling a line in, feel free to pm me.
Tight lines brothers n sisters.
Paul.

Wallop78

Back to top Go down

PICK UP YOUR SHIT. Empty Re: PICK UP YOUR SHIT.

Post  psion Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:56 am

First I would like to welcome you to the forum. There have been a lot of posts on here complaining about litter - it is something we can't
understand - if you bring it with you take home, simple. We have lost a lot of waters over the years because of this problem.
I fish up and down the country and I have say that it is worse in Scotland, I don't know why. Also, when the angling club I am a member of went
to members only (no day tickets) the amount of litter dropped significantly.
I look forward to more positive post in the future.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  mal wynne Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:17 pm

sorry to read about the litter problems you,ve had Paul , but I,m afraid it,s a problem thats just getting worse and worse, I fish club waters mostly nowadays and rivers where you have to walk a good way , and these are not so bad but a lot of the lakes here in North Wales have been featured in a lot of you tube videos and are just disgusting ,

mal wynne

Wallop78 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PICK UP YOUR SHIT. Empty litter...... is not always anglers

Post  stubbo Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:37 pm

been out to a few club waters early on after the lockdown
and the litter was disgusting , but I noticed that most of this litter was not angler related , a lot was from passer-by's out walking or having a picnic with there family's sat on the banks of our fisheries ,on one of the local lakes on my patch.... the local youths were meeting up after dark and getting pizzas delivered to the fishery , counted over 20 boxes on the bankside and other items of litter..... its not only inland too
I fish a lot of rock marks on the coast and the amount of litter is alarming , once found a bin bag full of mackerel rotting away ....what's the point .....
stubbo
stubbo

Wallop78 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallop78 Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:43 pm

Went out the other day to a local free spot and came across 3 lads who were setting up to fish the night. Came back the next day and found a 3m square tarp and around 40 empty cans of Stella.

Wallop78

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:48 pm

Wallop78 wrote:Went out the other day to a local free spot and came across 3 lads who were setting up to fish the night. Came back the next day and found a 3m square tarp and around 40 empty cans of Stella.
that's the problem with free fishing spots ..sadly they attract numptys with no regard for any thing or the environment , you would be better joining a syndicate water , but there's no guarantees that will be litter free...sadly this is the world we live in
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down