PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a big res in bristol

4 posters

Go down

a big res in bristol Empty a big res in bristol

Post  stubbo Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:47 pm

anybody on the furum fished that big res just sent them a e..mail to see how to go about it
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

a big res in bristol Empty Re: a big res in bristol

Post  Andy Webster Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:16 pm

I haven't fished Chew, Stubbo.

Awesome amount of fish coming from there. It'll be interesting to see how long it lasts, it already seems to be outlasting some of the other big reservoirs that have produced in the past, such as Llandegfedd.

Andy

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:40 pm

anglers mail says all places went within the first 3 days, and a waiting list is in place.

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:06 am

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:anglers mail says all places went within the first 3 days, and a waiting list is in place.

ahhhh the joys of troutwater fishing

when i get time over the next couple of days ill mail you with some thoughts on it

based on experience
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:03 pm

i believe there is a draw method in place you never know i might get lucky i like a challenge Suspect
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:55 pm

noodle wrote:
MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:anglers mail says all places went within the first 3 days, and a waiting list is in place.

ahhhh the joys of troutwater fishing

when i get time over the next couple of days ill mail you with some thoughts on it

based on experience
fished afew trout waters myself noodle how did you get on muck
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:55 pm

mixed really some have been ok some have been hard work though

it helps if you can get on them before other anglers ive managed that on one or two and enjoyed the fishing

the one mentioned earlier is probably one of the easier ones to fish with decent boats staff that help etc and its not too big or too daunting depth wise

i managed a few years back to get myself some fishing on a few lakes through a farmer (involved being on snowdon for about eight hours in darkenss in january looking for his lad who turned out to be in the pub Evil or Very Mad )
as a result i got to fish a few waters where he had an interest all ballbreakers though but worth the effort in size of fish if not numbers i avereaged a fish every twelve days if memory serves me right
with very few single figure fish of most of em
but it was hard work fishing them asthey were all deep cold things with low stock densities and relativly few trout stocked

so if anyones trying the trout water route be prepared to
a spend a lot on the ticket waters like chew ravensthorpe esthwaite etc for not a great deal of fishing time and probably very few fish untillyou get your head round them
b spend time tracking down people and waters for very few chances to fish
c have everything you think about these easy waters turned on its head and see how it effects you as an angler.

i rarely fish trout waters now i wont enter the pac ones like the scottish one etc as it got to the stage where i was going not enjoying it and within half an hour if i hadnt caught thinking ive paid i need to stick at it and looking forward to getting home instead of enjoying my fishing.

now i fish for small fish and am enjoying throwing my lures again rather than being forced to
please dont take offence at the small fish comment i just dont feel the need to be trying to catch fish over 20, 25, and the magic mark of 30 anymore (im still hapy for jacks to fall off though Laughing)

if mad bad wants an honest no bull idea of what he can expect ill give it to him tackle lures etc even places to hit on there

smae goes for most if im honest as without other anglers help when i started on the trouty route id ahve struggled to come to terms with it myself

what really tickles me though is a few friends are now trying this out and coming to me saying things like this has never been pike fished before we can get a day... my response on about 50% has been oh i had this one from there 5 years ago Laughing try this bit when you get on. to make matters worse i tried getting some of them on with me at the time and they were not interested thinking troutwaters were a bit fake with the old plastic pike debate going on at the time

the glacials and upland reservoirs are the same in some instances the difference in mentality and the gear required realy throws people who are used to fishing small say up to 100 acre lakes or rivers and drains.
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:11 pm

noodle wrote:mixed really some have been ok some have been hard work though

it helps if you can get on them before other anglers ive managed that on one or two and enjoyed the fishing

the one mentioned earlier is probably one of the easier ones to fish with decent boats staff that help etc and its not too big or too daunting depth wise

i managed a few years back to get myself some fishing on a few lakes through a farmer (involved being on snowdon for about eight hours in darkenss in january looking for his lad who turned out to be in the pub Evil or Very Mad )
as a result i got to fish a few waters where he had an interest all ballbreakers though but worth the effort in size of fish if not numbers i avereaged a fish every twelve days if memory serves me right
with very few single figure fish of most of em
but it was hard work fishing them asthey were all deep cold things with low stock densities and relativly few trout stocked

so if anyones trying the trout water route be prepared to
a spend a lot on the ticket waters like chew ravensthorpe esthwaite etc for not a great deal of fishing time and probably very few fish untillyou get your head round them
b spend time tracking down people and waters for very few chances to fish
c have everything you think about these easy waters turned on its head and see how it effects you as an angler.

i rarely fish trout waters now i wont enter the pac ones like the scottish one etc as it got to the stage where i was going not enjoying it and within half an hour if i hadnt caught thinking ive paid i need to stick at it and looking forward to getting home instead of enjoying my fishing.

now i fish for small fish and am enjoying throwing my lures again rather than being forced to
please dont take offence at the small fish comment i just dont feel the need to be trying to catch fish over 20, 25, and the magic mark of 30 anymore (im still hapy for jacks to fall off though Laughing)

if mad bad wants an honest no bull idea of what he can expect ill give it to him tackle lures etc even places to hit on there

smae goes for most if im honest as without other anglers help when i started on the trouty route id ahve struggled to come to terms with it myself

what really tickles me though is a few friends are now trying this out and coming to me saying things like this has never been pike fished before we can get a day... my response on about 50% has been oh i had this one from there 5 years ago Laughing try this bit when you get on. to make matters worse i tried getting some of them on with me at the time and they were not interested thinking troutwaters were a bit fake with the old plastic pike debate going on at the time

the glacials and upland reservoirs are the same in some instances the difference in mentality and the gear required realy throws people who are used to fishing small say up to 100 acre lakes or rivers and drains.
thank noodle for the advice i know they can be hard at times even the smaller waters wont give up there fish easy sometimes its all about getting to know the waters but that takes time and money the are a different animal all together not like your average course fishery its not a matter of casting out then every fish is a 30lbs fished esthwaite a few times it was hard but some waters get a lot of pressure making it even harder ...........thanks again
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum