PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

summer or winter lure, spinner fishing?

+8
Bazz
Andy Webster
esoxjeff
PIKEMANUK
tootall
nightwatchman
Alex Makk
stevecrm
12 posters

Go down

summer or winter lure, spinner fishing? Empty summer or winter lure, spinner fishing?

Post  stevecrm Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:44 pm

Whats the general idea about using lures, spinners etc would I be better using them in the winter or summer?

scratch
stevecrm
stevecrm

Back to top Go down

summer or winter lure, spinner fishing? Empty Re: summer or winter lure, spinner fishing?

Post  Alex Makk Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:51 pm

i have never trusted myself pike fishing in the summer as i don't want gassed up pike on my troubles...i mainly go to the waggler after spawning season. i also go to a big lake near me with some BIG perch and use spinners there in the summer Although bazz told me somewhere like a weir-pool or a sluice gate(very well oxygenated) would be a good spot in the summer pike fishing to prevent dead-baiting.
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

summer or winter lure, spinner fishing? Empty Re: summer or winter lure, spinner fishing?

Post  nightwatchman Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:13 pm

Generally lure fishing is done when Pike are at their most active, which is during the warmer months.

However many still lure fish during the winter months and have been know to catch.
I think in the warmer months Pike are more likely to chase a lure for longer but in the winter months you need to get it right past the end of their lazy noses! lol
lol!
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:27 pm

my favorite summer method is surface lures - can't beat the sight of a decent pike smashing into a surface lure from the depths Twisted Evil
I will use lures all year round though depending on situation, although i tend to avoid deep divers in the summer.
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  PIKEMANUK Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi i mainly fish with lures all winter i catch more fish on lures than on dead sea or coarse baits Surprised
PIKEMANUK
PIKEMANUK

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:50 pm

tootall wrote:my favorite summer method is surface lures - can't beat the sight of a decent pike smashing into a surface lure from the depths Twisted Evil
I will use lures all year round though depending on situation, although i tend to avoid deep divers in the summer.

tootally agree with you mate summer or winter lure, spinner fishing? Icon_biggrin
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:27 pm

I fish lures in winter with some success including several doubles on surface lures. The only down side is cold hands as you can't keep them in your pockets while waiting for a run.
Andy

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:31 pm

Andy Webster wrote:I fish lures in winter with some success including several doubles on surface lures. The only down side is cold hands as you can't keep them in your pockets while waiting for a run.
Andy

Too true Andy, my reasoning also....

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:04 am

throw em all year

when you say deep diver how deep are we talking?

deep for me is beyond 30ft

and if the fish are below that in simmer ill fish deeper

deepest ive caught pike from is 80-90 feet and caught the same pike two days later at 15 feet

all depends on the layer and the depth its at along with the O2 levels
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  esox lee Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:46 am

i would have to say that my winter lure fishing is just as productive as summer lure fishing, a good few years back there was a new outfit up at brundal taking people out pike fishing me and my friend every morning before sun up would head out in our little punt only to pass all these guide boats moored up in the margins with baitrods out now this winter was very could the water was slushy to the touch after about 4 days of these paying people sitting there catching nothing they must have got fed up watching me and my friend drifting past pulling out fish after fish because sure enough on day 5 they where all out with the lures.
the week is up there in my top 10 with 60+ fish on the boat a lot of which fell to the drop shot method i mentioned in another thread. never count out lures just because its cold.

esox lee

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:11 pm

caught some good pike in winter on big fly just sub...surface cant beat it Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:13 am

Very Happy I use the lot all tear around, From liveis, Deads and lures, And flys for that matter, It's just how i feel on the day, Cool
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down