PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fish antiseptic for pike

+2
adie1200
Esox Fever
6 posters

Go down

Fish antiseptic for pike Empty Fish antiseptic for pike

Post  Esox Fever Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:16 am

Hi mates!!!

I have been checking in the forum and I couldn´t find anything about this matter, so here it goes the question.

I know that you in UK know how to take good care of you pikes, I know that the carpfishing guys use fish antiseptics before releasing their catches and I want to start doing the same this year, but I am not sure if it is correct to use the antiseptic for carp in pike, probably it won´t cause any problem, but I prefer to be sure.

Do you use fish antiseptic when fishing for pike? In afirmative case, is there any brand better than the others or specific for pike that you recomend me?

Any andvice, or whatever you consider I should know about this item it would be highly apprecited.

Thank you guys. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Esox Fever
Esox Fever

Back to top Go down

Fish antiseptic for pike Empty Re: Fish antiseptic for pike

Post  adie1200 Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:05 am

Its always a good idea to carry some kind of fish antiseptic treatment with you !
A good one is Kryston Klinik or any brand of fish antiseptic would do the job !!

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Fish antiseptic for pike Empty pike injuries

Post  stubbo Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:20 am

hiyi mate having caught a few fish over the years quite a few with split fins, chunks missing,ulcers, line or briad damage , hooks in the throut, and even deeper , blind pike ,one eyed pike, pike with large heads and really thin bodys ,countless pike with weird looking snouts , not to mention growths,had some fish over the years with some horendous growth probably best to let nature do the healing mate.Not heard of any pike wipes on the market just thought of a good name if they did have one.......pikodean.......what do you think matey Twisted Evil
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Must admit i have never been tempted to interfere with scars cancers or abrations on Pike, As they seem to heel up within a very short time, And to be honest i dont realy rate these creams and swabs for carp, If the fish is strong when it goes back into the water then it has a great chance of surviving by itself Very Happy Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:40 pm

paddy pike wrote:Very Happy Very Happy Must admit i have never been tempted to interfere with scars cancers or abrations on Pike, As they seem to heel up within a very short time, And to be honest i dont realy rate these creams and swabs for carp, If the fish is strong when it goes back into the water then it has a great chance of surviving by itself Very Happy Very Happy
too true paddy Suspect
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:43 pm

hows the fishing giong muck .Went out fluff chucking weekend had a good day some nice rainbows to 4lb Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:49 pm

stubbo wrote:hows the fishing giong muck .Went out fluff chucking weekend had a good day some nice rainbows to 4lb Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy We are busy filling boxes ready to move to the new digs, I have been offered trips out fishing but the wife wants me under her feet, Shocked So i have not been out for about 3 weeks, Only rout training with the wifes guide dog, But hopfully when everything is ready to move i will be out casting a line Shocked
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:13 pm

paddy pike wrote:
stubbo wrote:hows the fishing giong muck .Went out fluff chucking weekend had a good day some nice rainbows to 4lb Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy We are busy filling boxes ready to move to the new digs, I have been offered trips out fishing but the wife wants me under her feet, Shocked So i have not been out for about 3 weeks, Only rout training with the wifes guide dog, But hopfully when everything is ready to move i will be out casting a line Shocked
get your self sorted first matey fishing can wait Very Happy is there a good trout water up your neck of the woods with a man made river system or am i getting mixed up with somewhere else. Suspect
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:18 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Yes its not far from here, And there is a landlocked salmon run, But i think they are using trout in there waters as well now, Not sure of cost but could find out for you if you wanted Very Happy Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:22 pm

paddy pike wrote:Very Happy Very Happy Yes its not far from here, And there is a landlocked salmon run, But i think they are using trout in there waters as well now, Not sure of cost but could find out for you if you wanted Very Happy Very Happy
yes cheers for that cant remember the name of the place Cool
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:28 pm

stubbo wrote:
paddy pike wrote:Very Happy Very Happy Yes its not far from here, And there is a landlocked salmon run, But i think they are using trout in there waters as well now, Not sure of cost but could find out for you if you wanted Very Happy Very Happy
yes cheers for that cant remember the name of the place Cool
There is Mere beck, And Twin Lakes, If you Need Directions or anything of this nature i will send you a googly haha Shocked
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Fish antiseptic for pike Empty southport trout fishing

Post  stubbo Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:38 am

cheers paddy for that alien
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Fish antiseptic for pike Empty anticeptic

Post  essox_lucius1 Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:50 pm

i use acriflavin or a swab of malachite green which ive ude on many koi
essox_lucius1
essox_lucius1

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:43 am

essox_lucius1 wrote:i use acriflavin or a swab of malachite green which ive ude on many koi
Very Happy Very Happy Would you say it works though, I know Koi are hard to keep, And they do take a lot of maintainance if hurt, Shocked Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  Esox Fever Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:33 am

Thanks for the answers!!! Very Happy

Sure that pike can heal perfect by themselves without any help from us, after seing many young folcks almost ripped by some bigger Jack and how they heal some wounds that looks terrible.

But anyway if we can give a hand, that is not gonna cause any bad, isn´t it?

By the way, it has to be used only in the skin or it can be used also with wounds inside the mouth?
Esox Fever
Esox Fever

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:48 am

Kryston Klinic, Malachite Green and BONJELLA are all usable. Bonjella is supposed to be particularly good and it's easily available from any chemist.

...Andy...
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:11 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:Kryston Klinic, Malachite Green and BONJELLA are all usable. Bonjella is supposed to be particularly good and it's easily available from any chemist.

...Andy...
Very Happy Very Happy I think the grandkids use that BONJELLA, Think its for teething pain, So there must be a low amount of pain relief built in that would/could help a wounded fish Very Happy Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:50 pm

You get Bonjella for under 12s / over 12s. I think it's main usefulless, is the fact it creates a fairly waterproof and antiseptic seal, much like the fish's own mucus layer.
That all said, I've seen some badly scarred up pike that have been caught at a later date and it's quite amazing how quickly they can heal up on their own. They haven't been roaming the waters of the Northern hemisphere for somewhere in the region of 200 million years, virtually unchanged, without having developed a fairly susbstantial immune system of their own.

...Andy...
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:00 pm

on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:34 pm paddy pike wrote:Very Happy Very Happy Must admit i have never been tempted to interfere with scars cancers or abrations on Pike, As they seem to heel up within a very short time, And to be honest i dont realy rate these creams and swabs for carp, If the fish is strong when it goes back into the water then it has a great chance of surviving by itself Very Happy Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy Looks like we are of the same mind Andy Very Happy Very Happy But again its a personal thing with every fisher-person Very Happy Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  essox_lucius1 Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:57 pm

paddy pike wrote:
essox_lucius1 wrote:i use acriflavin or a swab of malachite green which ive ude on many koi
Very Happy Very Happy Would you say it works though, I know Koi are hard to keep, And they do take a lot of maintainance if hurt, Shocked Very Happy
damn sure
essox_lucius1
essox_lucius1

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:26 pm

essox_lucius1 wrote:
paddy pike wrote:
damn sure
Very Happy Very Happy This is good news to me, And i know others have there doubts about these cures and different remadies, But if somone like yourself is that "Damn sure" about it, Then thats good enough for me, And the fish for that mmatter, Very Happy Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Fish antiseptic for pike Empty cheers paddy

Post  essox_lucius1 Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:37 pm

the best i can come up with was when i was fishing local lake a pikewas drifting by upside down i fished him out and noticed a bad slash down his side ( heron or rant ) i took the pike to my holding pond 6ft x6ft x 3ft used flavin and malachite 3 weeks later he went back well healed and fighting fit pretty extreme to treat a 3lb jack but every pike counts
essox_lucius1
essox_lucius1

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:46 pm

essox_lucius1 wrote:the best i can come up with was when i was fishing local lake a pikewas drifting by upside down i fished him out and noticed a bad slash down his side ( heron or rant ) i took the pike to my holding pond 6ft x6ft x 3ft used flavin and malachite 3 weeks later he went back well healed and fighting fit pretty extreme to treat a 3lb jack but every pike counts

Very Happy Very Happy There should be some kind of record book so things like this can be recorded, Very Happy Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy Then every item used on fish with injury's would be seen by the fisher/persons, Then they can choose what would be best for there type of fishing, Very Happy Very Happy Great work on the Pike by the way, Very Happy Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun May 23, 2010 11:46 pm

Esox Fever wrote:Thanks for the answers!!! Very Happy

Sure that pike can heal perfect by themselves without any help from us, after seing many young folcks almost ripped by some bigger Jack and how they heal some wounds that looks terrible.

But anyway if we can give a hand, that is not gonna cause any bad, isn´t it?

By the way, it has to be used only in the skin or it can be used also with wounds inside the mouth?
could you please tell me what a folcks is matey Suspect
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down