PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need to get out

+2
Andy Webster
tootall
6 posters

Go down

Need to get out  Empty Need to get out

Post  tootall Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:55 am

Anyone fancy a session tomorrow in Yorks / N. Lincs - know somewhere thats thawed?

Last day off before work and not been out for 2 Months - Really need to get out!

PM me if interested Cool
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Need to get out  Empty Re: Need to get out

Post  Andy Webster Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Good luck Tootall

Andy

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:15 pm

Andy Webster wrote:Good luck Tootall

Andy

Thanks mate Smile
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Yeah, I'm suffering from 'pikus lackus' too mate Sad

Not too bad as I managed to get the sea fishing session last week but that doesn't make up for missing out on my pike fishing sessions Mad
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:10 am

I went pike fishing ONCE last year and that was throwing lures for a wee while at the local ressie. I'll have to squeeze a few pike in this year, along with the tinkers.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:04 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:I went pike fishing ONCE last year and that was throwing lures for a wee while at the local ressie. I'll have to squeeze a few pike in this year, along with the tinkers.
My mate loves Fishing for tinkers, But he feeds the place he's going to fish for a week or so before hand, But thats on our river, Do you feed the swim early Andy then fish a week or so later
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm

paddy pike wrote:
Andy Macfarlane wrote:I went pike fishing ONCE last year and that was throwing lures for a wee while at the local ressie. I'll have to squeeze a few pike in this year, along with the tinkers.
My mate loves Fishing for tinkers, But he feeds the place he's going to fish for a week or so before hand, But thats on our river, Do you feed the swim early Andy then fish a week or so later
do yuo not fish for the pike as much now andy is it due to work commitments as is my problem at times Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:53 pm

It just started to get stale Stubbo. I caught an absolute rakeful of fish in 2008 and couldn't get over my PB, so I fancied a new challenge. I had been pike fishing constantly (often 2-3 times a week) for about 10 years and I just fancied a break from it. It's actually done me good because I'm getting a hankering to try for them again. I doubt I'll ever get back into fishing for them as intensively though. Last year was a very good year and I caught very little really. Big learning curve. I'll be far more selective about where I throw my baits from now on.

Paddy, I can't actually tell you mate. I only started fishing for tench last year and that was fairly late in the season, so the tench were already mooching about happily. This year though, I'll wait till I get an itch in my nuts (Spring...lol) and go feed a few waters and see what pans out. I'm going to get on them much earlier though.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:43 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:It just started to get stale Stubbo. I caught an absolute rakeful of fish in 2008 and couldn't get over my PB, so I fancied a new challenge. I had been pike fishing constantly (often 2-3 times a week) for about 10 years and I just fancied a break from it. It's actually done me good because I'm getting a hankering to try for them again. I doubt I'll ever get back into fishing for them as intensively though. Last year was a very good year and I caught very little really. Big learning curve. I'll be far more selective about where I throw my baits from now on.

Paddy, I can't actually tell you mate. I only started fishing for tench last year and that was fairly late in the season, so the tench were already mooching about happily. This year though, I'll wait till I get an itch in my nuts (Spring...lol) and go feed a few waters and see what pans out. I'm going to get on them much earlier though.
Strangest thing though with the Tench, People used to say thet they went deep in the winter so you would never catch them, Dont know if its global warming or if the Tench are to hungry to stay down, But a guy on the Sluice yesterday had 4 to around 3LB, Maybe they had not put on enough weight before winter started,
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:46 pm

I've read that some folk have caught them during the Winter but it seems to be a bit of a waste of time according to a lot of the guys on the tench forum. I also had some articles from a couple of magazines that I bought in the last couple of months but I wasn't that convinced that a natural water would produce.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum