PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fox evolution rig case

+3
Andy Macfarlane
tootall
kell
7 posters

Go down

fox evolution rig case Empty fox evolution rig case

Post  kell Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:42 pm

the new fox evolution rig case just bought one and wondered if any one else had seen or tried them.

reason i have bought one to try was distance between hooks should be able to be judged for different size baits,because you cannot see how far apart the hooks are set on a roll.

and just because i want one and i like evolution gear .

lefty make sure my delivery does not get held up lol Very Happy
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

fox evolution rig case Empty Re: fox evolution rig case

Post  tootall Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:14 pm

This one kell?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FOX-PREDATOR-EVOLUTION-PIKE-TRACE-RIG-WALLET-CASE-NEW_W0QQitemZ330513607651QQcategoryZ112956QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DDLSL%252BSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D260709112086%252B260709112086%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6205491258464420967

looks good but i prefer a roll myself...but thats just me.
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:42 am

yep thats the one. I tried a rig the other day while out with adie with a slidable secound hook so i could adjust to the size of my bait but i hooked into a fish and lost it and when i looked at my rig then two hooks were side by side.
now no confidence in sliding secound hook and when i saw this rig holder i like the idea of been able to make different length rigs and possibly hold up against my chosen bait to select spot on size rig with two fixed hooks. Just my way of thinking and the fact it is more tackle ? Very Happy
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:26 am

Another insomniac..... Wink
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:54 am

Wish i was not though andy good in summer because i can still be out at first light lol.

not good in winter would love to sleep till 7 that would be great. but hay ho flys can be tied at 3.30 in the morning or traces can be made ? Very Happy
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:05 am

looks a nice wallet Kell,must have a look at one as my old peice of drainpipe is rotting Very Happy Very Happy
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:24 am

you should have used plastic drain pipe instead of the cast one you use lol Very Happy
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:39 am

kell wrote:you should have used plastic drain pipe instead of the cast one you use lol Very Happy
OH now you tell me, aye plastic will be lighter won't it. nice less weight.cheers mate good tip Very Happy
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:50 am

kell wrote:yep thats the one. I tried a rig the other day while out with adie with a slidable secound hook so i could adjust to the size of my bait but i hooked into a fish and lost it and when i looked at my rig then two hooks were side by side.
now no confidence in sliding secound hook and when i saw this rig holder i like the idea of been able to make different length rigs and possibly hold up against my chosen bait to select spot on size rig with two fixed hooks. Just my way of thinking and the fact it is more tackle ? Very Happy

Exactly the reason i stopped using rigs tied like this for deadbaiting Cool
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:30 am

Bear in mind it's massive Kell. My mate has one and it's far too big for my liking. He never seems to find anywhere it'll go neatly. Even he hates it.

I prefer to roll my traces up, stick them in zip-lock bags and then put them in a tub.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:35 am

It shouldn't if it's been turned round the shank tightly enough times. Could be the type of wire? Some wires are far too glossy or slippery for my liking. I've had crimps slip on some wires. That's why I prefer coated wires, so I can heat the plastic inside the crimp.

I also think turning the wire round the shank of a hook is damaging the wire, no matter how you dress it up.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:36 am

It won't make a lot of differance to Kell lol! He takes everything including the kitchen sink on his barrow lol! lol! lol!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:42 am

Andy Macfarlane wrote:It shouldn't if it's been turned round the shank tightly enough times. Could be the type of wire? Some wires are far too glossy or slippery for my liking. I've had crimps slip on some wires. That's why I prefer coated wires, so I can heat the plastic inside the crimp.

I also think turning the wire round the shank of a hook is damaging the wire, no matter how you dress it up.

Yeah - but some people actually like to use this sliding hook method as they believe it allows for adjustments in bait size and results in more hook-ups...not from my experience though...but several very good anglers i know use this type of trace a lot. Cool
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:10 am

[quote="Andy Macfarlane"]Bear in mind it's massive Kell. My mate has one and it's far too big for my liking. He never seems to find anywhere it'll go neatly. Even he hates it.

I have not phiscally seen one just ordered it online so will have to wait till it gets here but i do have two rig rolls in my bag so if i can get rid of those it may be ok.
will have to see what it is like.
The sliding rig thing has shaken my confidence in that type of rig and has with a lot of fishing confidence is everything i think ? .

adie i will leave enough room for a little spinning rod for you so what you moaning about (make sure it@s telescopic though ) lol Very Happy
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  deadbait Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:48 am

used to have one of these and there massive about 2ft long Razz Razz
deadbait
deadbait

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:34 pm

deadbait wrote:used to have one of these and there massive about 2ft long Razz Razz
thanks for heads up on rig pouch Deadbait, i will wait to see one in the flesh before bying one. it looks ok on pictures. Very Happy
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:54 pm

tootall wrote:
kell wrote:yep thats the one. I tried a rig the other day while out with adie with a slidable secound hook so i could adjust to the size of my bait but i hooked into a fish and lost it and when i looked at my rig then two hooks were side by side.

Exactly the reason i stopped using rigs tied like this for deadbaiting Cool
tried them once and only once i think a rigid rig is better for hook ups Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down