PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annual week off Piking

+10
Andy Webster
MAD BAD ANGLER
kell
Lefty
adie1200
nickcarpy
tackle tart
tootall
newie2010
Steve French
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Annual week off Piking Empty Annual week off Piking

Post  Steve French Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:27 am

Its that time of the year again when me and Sithee have a full week Piking, this year we have some new waters to fish, all of them within 30 miles of Lincoln, one especially is an exciting prospect as no one as fished it for Pike for a number of years, and I caught a 15lber on a short reccy trip last weekend, if anyone from this forum wants to join us for a day next week just P.M me, we kick of on Monday and finish on Friday night, I will keep you posted on progress bounce bounce

Steve French

Back to top Go down

Annual week off Piking Empty Re: Annual week off Piking

Post  newie2010 Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:44 am

interesting.....only fish weekends though mate, but if you wanna hook up, drop me a PM..
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:34 am

steve Fri 18th is a possibility for me. be good to meet up again. need to confirm with work etc but if u want to pm me times/meeting point i will do my best to be there Smile
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:48 am

good luck hope you bag yourself a biggie
tackle tart
tackle tart

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:47 am

good luck steve and sithee Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks guys, went fluff chucking for the first time today, a mate who is well into it took me, and I caught a 2lb Rainbow ,it was a cracking fish, jumped clear of the water twice, I returned it unharmed, photo will follow next week in between the upper doubles and 20lbs pike Shocked Shocked : Very Happy

Steve French

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:15 pm

Good luck Steve Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Look forward to some pics Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Yeah, same here Steve.

Looking forward to see the pics of pike cos I think I've forgotten what they look like Rolling Eyes
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:27 am

Lefty wrote:Yeah, same here Steve.

Looking forward to see the pics of pike cos I think I've forgotten what they look like Rolling Eyes

beautiful esspecially on the end of my spro lure Very Happy
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:49 pm

Just packed the van, Bacon, eggs, sausage, beans, bread, bovril, juice and crisps, oh and the rods etc, count down is on Very Happy A liitle bit of a late start tomorrow, Sithees on School run for one morning only, then its all stations go, should be fishing by 9.30ish, staying untill we cant see Very Happy Weather for the week is a mixed bag, cant expect anything else in February I guess. Just hope the big girls want to play, still a bad days fishing is better than a good day at work, bring em on bounce bounce

Steve French

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:55 pm

good luck steve keep us all posted
tackle tart
tackle tart

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:04 pm

Steve French wrote:Just packed the van, Bacon, eggs, sausage, beans, bread, bovril, juice and crisps,

Drool Drool lol! lol! lol!

Hope you have the porta potti in there as well lol! sounds like you may need it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Good luck mate Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Yesterday we fished a lovely venue, great weather, the whole lake to ourselves, Sithees breakfast, it was wonderful, but we could not find the Pike Sad Today we went to a venue I have not fished before, a river with a big Pike reputation, I know this river has been producing lately, someone I know had a 26lber a week or two back Very Happy I could not believe how much litter there was on the bank, I spent a full hour bagging it up, mostly dead bait wrappers Evil or Very Mad , the bailiff turned up, you pay on the bank, and he was full of confidence that it would produce Pike. He thanked me for cleaning up the litter, still took my money though. There was another angler across the bank who was also confident, but after 8 hours we never had a sniff, despite working hard both yesterday and today we have to record our second blank Mad Tomorrow we are up and at em again, a still water tomorrow, heres hoping its third time lucky Very Happy Still at least todays venue was better for our visit Very Happy

Steve French

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Well done Steve - Did the baliff at least offer to take away the bagged up rubbish? I bet he didn't the cheeky barsteward... Laughing

Good luck for the rest of the week - I still don't know if Friday is on for me yet - should have a better idea by tomorrow night.
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:21 pm

tootall wrote:Well done Steve - Did the baliff at least offer to take away the bagged up rubbish? I bet he didn't the cheeky barsteward... Laughing

Good luck for the rest of the week - I still don't know if Friday is on for me yet - should have a better idea by tomorrow night.

He did take it away Tootall, let me know about Friday when you can Very Happy , We were out on a still water today, the weather was sunny and clear, no breeze, calm like a mill pond, although it was a real pleasure to be out there was nothing about at all we had fished nearly 24 hours without a run, at about 2.30 I moved for the fourth time, I had a Herring on that had seen better days, I was going to change baits but left the Herring on, it came over cloudy and a wind blew across the lake. I had forgotton what a run looks like and was just entering that phase where all my confidence was draining fast, the float started travelling, then under she went, I reeled in and struck into a big fish, she ran off deep, after a good tussell I eventually landed her, all 20lbs 3ozs of her Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . Photographs to follow on Monday, we are at em again on a river tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy

Steve French

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Well in Steve - a cracking way to break that run of blanks Cool

Also I won't be able to join you at all now i'm afraid mate Sad

Not been granted time off - Grrrrr Evil or Very Mad
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:00 pm

Well done Steve Wink Very Happy
Hope theres many more to follow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Can't wait for the pics Cool Cool

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:37 pm

well done bud Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:52 pm

top dangling fella Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks Guys, I was begining to lose the will to live Mad , I know that after two and a half days fishing, two of us without a run, it does make you wonder why we do it! Shocked I was ready to call it a day just before I made the move Embarassed but then I kept telling myself that this is what its about, and I know, when others report blanks on here, I am the first one to tell them to keep at it, I am chuffed that we persisted, we worked hard at it, and it paid off. Very Happy Now all we need to do tomorrow is get one for Sithee Shocked Thanks for your support Very Happy Very Happy The photo, despite being took on my mobile is awesome, will post on monday Very Happy

Steve French

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Awesome result Steve. What a way to pick up your spirits in the middle of a long week and a long cold season. More to come tomorrow?

Andy

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:57 am

thats a cracking way to stop the blanks with a 20lber steve can,t wait to see the pics
good luck and keep us posted
tackle tart
tackle tart

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:31 pm

Well it was another very slow day at the office Sad , Sithee was desperate for a fish, bless him. The River where we were fishing has a reputation for decent Pike, I have fished here many times, but just like all this week it was very very slow. Sithee went for a call of nature about 2.00ish, now if you have met him, you will know he is built for comfort rather than speed Very Happy , anyway he was out of site, one of his floats which he left me in charge of, suddely cocked and started to move, now the dilema was should I take over Twisted Evil , then I thought better of it, and called Sithee, he came from nowhere with a sprint that would have done Linford Christy justice Shocked Sliding down the bank, he managed to stop before he got wet, he struck into the fish, which was a fit river Pike, and after a great account of itself we finally landed it, all 15 lbs 13 ozs, caught on dead Brook Trout in the margins only about a meter out and same in depth Very Happy There is justice, he deserved that Pike. Now tomorrow after much debate we are going to return to the lake we started on and blanked, its potential is awesome, so our plan is to move every hour to cover as much as we can, its a gamble but its such a wonderful place to fish, we are going for it Very Happy Very Happy

Steve French

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:53 pm

very well done to sithee on his fish from a week that is truning out to a crueler for you both
i hope tommorow you get the rewads for the effort you both have put in this week

good luck !!
tackle tart
tackle tart

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Good luck at the lake Steve - sounds u are approaching the lake right. Keep mobile and i'm sure you'll drop on them Smile They are certainly gathering for spawning on my local waters.
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum