PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-spawn luring?!

2 posters

Go down

Pre-spawn luring?! Empty Pre-spawn luring?!

Post  thomps11 Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:00 pm

Hi there all!
Was hoping I could benefit from your thoughts and experience on this.
I'm off piking this weekend on the lake and am going to target the margins between the drop offs and the shallower spawning bays.

Hoping to do a bit of deadbaiting (Gonna aim for the drop offs) and some lure fishing too. My question is really, what type of lure(s) would you use and how would you work it?
I know you guys could prob fill a book answering this question but any help would be greatly appreciated as Im a total novice to this lark!

Thanks in advance lads

steve

thomps11

Back to top Go down

Pre-spawn luring?! Empty Re: Pre-spawn luring?!

Post  noodle Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:31 pm

a novice to lure fishing or pike fishing?

it makes a difference to the answer believe it or not
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  thomps11 Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:35 pm

hi there mate,
ta for coming back to me so quickly, im novice to piking but done plenty of lure fishing for pollock/bass and of course trout.
Getting the pike bug after seeing some mates land a couple of big girls over the winter! so any advice that helps me land one should hopefully end their bragging rights for a while..

thomps11

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:40 pm

probably not what you want to hear then sorry but leave them alone as they come up to spawn the amount of damage you can do at this time is unreal.

and im not having a go as your new as i dont fish for them as they are getting ready to spawn, luckily i can fish a few different venues so can work around this without too much of a break in fishing.

if you must fish for them though fish as heavy as you can and drag them in dont try to play them out or anything skulldrag them in to keep them healthy
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  thomps11 Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:51 pm

noodle,

thanks for the straight advice its genuinely appreciated, with this in mind i'll try and get onto a venue before their up spawning, im in the lakes so have a choice of a few waters. the last thing id wanna do is do any damage to the pike, ive seen way too much of that from a small element of sea anglers round our way and find it disgracefull.

ta noodle,

steve

thomps11

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:15 pm

thomps11 wrote:noodle,

thanks for the straight advice its genuinely appreciated, with this in mind i'll try and get onto a venue before their up spawning, im in the lakes so have a choice of a few waters. the last thing id wanna do is do any damage to the pike, ive seen way too much of that from a small element of sea anglers round our way and find it disgracefull.

ta noodle,

steve

ah well in that case you may be ok for a bit Laughing

pm for lakes stuff if you want i fish a couple up there Wink
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  thomps11 Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:14 pm

Cheers Noodle, I'll drop you a PM!

thomps11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum