PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wonderwire

4 posters

Go down

wonderwire Empty wonderwire

Post  greg Thu May 12, 2011 8:57 pm

any of you guys use wonderwire for jerkbaits, gliders, raptors ect. ordered 90lb - 49 strand.
tryed a 30lb trace with a glider, just to see and there is more action in the bait. just want to know if any of you's use it..
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

wonderwire Empty Re: wonderwire

Post  Andy Webster Thu May 12, 2011 10:05 pm

Never tried it Greg. Who makes it?

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Thu May 12, 2011 10:23 pm

if you look on here http://calibertackle.blogspot.com/

hope i'm not breaking any rules, noodle spoke about it a while back. the guy sells good strong clips aswell. it ranges from 15lb to 90lb clips and crimps to match.

i mostly use jerkbaits with the fox leaders solid 150lb. but useing a normal trace i can get the lure to do a 180. alot more action.

dont want to try this with a large lure and it breaks off then 22 quid down the drain.

folk that do use it andy say its the dogs, but i'm not sure about jerkbaits.. bought some 15lb and 90lb to try anyway.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Thu May 12, 2011 10:52 pm

lol...no rules broken...I think...lol

Can't see why it would break. Theres no pressure on it until the pike grabs it and we use 15lb line.

Andy

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Thu May 12, 2011 11:05 pm

yes, but thats when we are dead baiting. i use 80lb braid when casting jerks. casting with the 30lb wire trace was more of a lob. i think the 90lb will be ok but not sure how long the trace can be used. just wanting some assurance of folk thats been useing that kind of setup. i use the 30lb with leon's works good but thay are only 50gms. there are around 5 guys on here andy that will know. the ones that are abit lure daft, you know the ones i'm speeking about Very Happy
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Fri May 13, 2011 2:38 am

Never tried it but I know some folk feel that multi strand wires for jerks offer up more fredom of movement. I think they go heavier than 90lb mind you but then again, you're not power casting and on conventional distance tackle you'd use 30lb mono for 3oz, 40lb mono for 4oz and so on. Unless you're absolutely belting out magdawgs at full tilt, I can't see a problem. Short accurate casts with jerks catch more fish than long distance random casts. That's for sure.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Fri May 13, 2011 6:04 pm

andy i just feel the single strand just has the lure with a side to side motion and thats it, aye it works. just want to try it.

i'd try the ti wire but i think it might be stiffer.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sat May 14, 2011 2:57 am

No, titty wire is a little more flexible. Lovely stuff and really bombproof and it needs some serious crimping because it's nigh on impossible to twist. The only thing is you have to change the snap-link more than the trace. After opening and closing a snap-link so many times, it needs replacing. Also, you just about cannot kink it. You have to fold it to kink it. Another thing is the titty wire stretches a little and it can fatigue over time so you might get 50 sessions out of a trace and it's seemingly in good order and then it parts.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Sun May 15, 2011 2:54 pm

well the wonder wire came in the post. looks good impressed with the clips.

what titty wire are you useing andy. i'm sure i read to stay away from some brand, but canni mind the brand.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Tue May 17, 2011 1:42 pm

I'm not. I had some from a mate who got it from Rok Max...I'd have to ask but in all honesty. I just used single strand steel and I haven't used that since last year.

I'm pretty sure if you ask on the lure forum on P&P, someone will tell you in 4 minutes or so.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue May 17, 2011 6:53 pm

ok, andy cheers
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri May 20, 2011 11:34 pm

i use the hefty stuff for trolling more than casting (barring spinnerbaits which when i try and use a solid leader tangle like buggery on me)

good stuff i love the 15lb stuff for tiny lures as it doesnt affect the action with a light clip and solid ring rather than a swivel at the line end

40 or ist it 45lb is used on the old fashioned spinning rods and the micro fox jerks as well as its now way cheaper than 40lb carboflex
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Sun May 22, 2011 7:58 pm

well i tryed it over the weekend, 15lb wire and a 20lb clip. towed the boat back to a snag Shocked .

tryed the 90lb with some jerks done well apart from when useing mantas. good stuff
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Wed May 25, 2011 6:15 pm

greg wrote:well the wonder wire came in the post. looks good impressed with the clips.

what titty wire are you useing andy. i'm sure i read to stay away from some brand, but canni mind the brand.

drennan esox was the offending brand the video will still be on youtube i think
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Wed May 25, 2011 6:24 pm

i'm sure i saw the clip, snaped it with forceps. any you recomend noodle.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Thu May 26, 2011 2:14 am

greg wrote:i'm sure i saw the clip, snaped it with forceps. any you recomend noodle.

sadly mine are all readymades form the states i bought a good few a couple of years back for about 2.50 each with welded rings at one end and cross locks at the other

chicos get rated well as does the stuff fickling sells. all that though is word of mouth though ive no experience of them im still happy in the main using stainless alongside the Ti ones i have
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Thu May 26, 2011 7:20 pm

noodle wrote:
greg wrote:i'm sure i saw the clip, snaped it with forceps. any you recomend noodle.

sadly mine are all readymades form the states i bought a good few a couple of years back for about 2.50 each with welded rings at one end and cross locks at the other

chicos get rated well as does the stuff fickling sells. all that though is word of mouth though ive no experience of them im still happy in the main using stainless alongside the Ti ones i have

fickling.. is that brand or company that sells them. whats the difference with the ring to swivels.

oh, thoughs clones are doing fine. should be better with a bit of good weather.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri May 27, 2011 12:39 am

neville fickling Laughing
think its the tackle shop where he sells it
glad to hear it about the lures ive hardly fished this year so the ones ive got for myself still have yet to see water Embarassed

ive big hopes for the cofunazzy ones next weekend as im getting a day out on a troutwater having never fished a troutwater in summer before im working on the hopre that the pike will nail shallow running lures as the trout will all be darting about in the top couple of feet so im taking all of my surface and shallow lures that will be allowed 5 inch minimum
im putting a bit of faith in spinnerbaits as well as throw backs for any follows and planning on being a bit out of fashion by using a 9foot fixed spool rod and whelping magnum long a's about to search quickly

thats the theory anyway, its a bit of a competition and im up against a fair few decent lure chuckers like mark berrisford ant glascoe, john cheyyne and about 25 others

i just really dont want to blank and savage gears uk sales manager is fishing the event with ant glascoe. how nice have i been over savage lures Embarassed

i think it will be decided by speed to be honest the first person to one of two possibly three marks on there i can think of will win
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Fri May 27, 2011 10:25 am

rubbing shoulders with the big boy now eh Very Happy .

fished the cofunazzy in 6-8 feet of water good results so far.

best of luck with the comp.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum