PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

quick morning session

4 posters

Go down

quick morning session  Empty quick morning session

Post  craigpix2000 Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:59 pm

well we set off this morning decideing to try a water i havnt really fished in years. We got there and headed for the boathouse to no avail we spent the nxt couple of hours walking round the lake casting at every perch lucking spot.We eventually gave this up as a bad job.so we went for a bacon butty and decided we was going on the river (lakes and ponds are ok but im always drawn to the river lol) we got to our starting point and my mate got tangled so for a bit of fun cast straight infront of him while he was sorting his tangle out and BAM chub on using a snap bean
quick morning session  2011-08-09090911
quick morning session  2011-08-09090930
nothing massive but the look on my mates face was a picture so the freindly banter started (the same mate who is pretty new to lure fishing mainly a puddle pigger lol) the area went verry quiet after that there was bait fish every where but no sighns of predators the water was crystal clear bit more stealth needed i think
so we went for a stroll and i managed a baby pike no picture Smile the bloody thing jumped outa the net lol once id taken lure out
then i was into a nice perch on a kopyto shad orange and black for some reason usually always catch using these in orange on the stretch of rive i use
quick morning session  2011-08-09114001
that was my 3 and i was verry happy tried making it 4 species but the trout spots i know where just un fishable propper jungle fishing lol

well my mate jason had the last laugh he decided he was gunna use spinners i had a little chuckle and told him i never caught on spinners in the area we was in infact i think ive only had 1 fish on a spinner and that was foul hooked he was using a bigish sized spinner and just wanted a fish so i lent him a small spinner i had in my box and then it happend his rod bent in half i thought he was snagged till it started bouncing
then it surfaced
quick morning session  2011-08-09104438
quick morning session  2011-08-09104511
2lb 8oz he was buzzing and now hooked on lure fishing lol and out of good sportsman ship i let him keep the spinner lol
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

quick morning session  Empty Re: quick morning session

Post  Lefty Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Looks like you had a good time there Craigpix.

I'm gonna have to get myself back out on the lures as it's been a while.

As a matter of fact, not got a massive amount of fishing done this Summer and when I have been out it's been coarse fishing. Hopefully I can get out with the lures before too long.
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Thats some good fishing craig, Well done,
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:07 am