PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1. Try pushing a alka seltzer tablet down the throat of your deadbait before casting.

3 posters

Go down

1.	Try pushing a alka seltzer tablet down the throat of your deadbait before casting. Empty 1. Try pushing a alka seltzer tablet down the throat of your deadbait before casting.

Post  Bluffnuts Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:19 pm

I’ve just been reading the article ‘ hints and tips’ on our website, and I was interested about the suggestion of using a alka seltzer in a deadbait. I admit I have very little knowledge of the anatomy of a pike, and I was wondering if anyone could advise me if this would be a safe practice if a pike took this bait before the alka seltzer had dissolved completely. I live quite close to the sea front and this summer we have had the RSPCA, RSPB, Kent Police and a local film crew down on the Isle of Sheppey due to the fact that some of the kiddies (little Angels) have been wrapping alka seltzer in bread and feeding them to the seagulls. The gulls swallow the bread/ seltzer cocktail and due to the hydrochloric acid (which aids the digestive system) in the gut, when mixed with the alka seltzer a violent reaction occurs and internal injuries result in the gulls dying in a very short period of time. Has anyone experimented with this product and did anyone notice if there were sightings of fish belly up in the water? As I said previously, I am not questioning the possibility of this method being a great way of being an attractor, but just thought I would like to be advised from someone who is more knowledgeable on this subject?

Bluffnuts

Back to top Go down

1.	Try pushing a alka seltzer tablet down the throat of your deadbait before casting. Empty Re: 1. Try pushing a alka seltzer tablet down the throat of your deadbait before casting.

Post  stubbo Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:39 pm

sound dangerous to me mate:
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

1.	Try pushing a alka seltzer tablet down the throat of your deadbait before casting. Empty Re: 1. Try pushing a alka seltzer tablet down the throat of your deadbait before casting.

Post  paddy pike Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:48 pm

The only thing i shove down the throught of a dead bait is a cod liver oil capsule, Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum