PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

if you could only take 1 lure???

+2
hurricane
muskie870
6 posters

Go down

if you could only take 1 lure??? Empty if you could only take 1 lure???

Post  muskie870 Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:16 am

hi been thrashing the water for years with lures now and often think if you could only have 1 lure to cover all situations what would it be? ive tryed most over the years fox, muskie innov, plugs, jerks, recently yozuris and the one lure i would take if ma life depended on it is the cheap storm rubber roach 6 inch 40 odd grammes,, god ive nailed some amount off fish on this lure when all else has failed, ive prob bought over 30 of these in the last three seasons such is the ferocity these are nailed with, last week had seven fish in three hours biggest was 11lb all on the roach 6 of the seven had totally engulfed it and one fish had three goes at it in about 10 seconds before nearly swallowing it. {and all this on a large wind swept scottish loch on my first visit there}also i dont subscribe to the big lure big fish theory, although i do chuck biguns around at times, biggest on the 6" roach so far is a touch over 32lb, be interested to know what would be your choice, maybe ill try your best choice, i might be missing something..
im off tomorrow to a large water to try out some new lures and a couple of new rods will update if anything interesting happens
ps.. you might wanna try this one...been spinning with large pike flys with roughly 20 grammes of lead at the top of the trace..letting them hit bottom then jerking them back in been having good results
anyway im off god luck with your lure fishing

muskie870

Back to top Go down

if you could only take 1 lure??? Empty Re: if you could only take 1 lure???

Post  hurricane Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:29 am

For me it would have to be the Shakspear big s.
Its caught so many fish over the years,pretty versatile but more importantly I have confidence in it them.
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  craigpix2000 Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:29 am

Jighead flies for me catch nearly every session with them must have about 20 of the things now in various patters number 1 lure for me this season
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Post  big_d2008 Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:39 am

My pink and black Delong Giant Witch 13.5 inches long with 3 size 1/0 hooksout of the bottom caught tons offish with it and had fish the same size as my lure taking it. ItsPernod scented and because its a soft texture the hit and hold is violent, great fights! Very Happy
big_d2008
big_d2008

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:09 pm

mine has got to be a creek chub pikie that ive had for years, its full of battle scars and ive caught several nice fish with it.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  dickjacksmith Mon May 21, 2012 1:31 pm

muskie870 wrote:hi been thrashing the water for years with lures now and often think if you could only have 1 lure to cover all situations what would it be? ive tryed most over the years fox, muskie innov, plugs, jerks, recently yozuris and the one lure i would take if ma life depended on it is the cheap storm rubber roach 6 inch 40 odd grammes,, god ive nailed some amount off fish on this lure when all else has failed, ive prob bought over 30 of these in the last three seasons such is the ferocity these are nailed with, last week had seven fish in three hours biggest was 11lb all on the roach 6 of the seven had totally engulfed it and one fish had three goes at it in about 10 seconds before nearly swallowing it. {and all this on a large wind swept scottish loch on my first visit there}also i dont subscribe to the big lure big fish theory, although i do chuck biguns around at times, biggest on the 6" roach so far is a touch over 32lb, be interested to know what would be your choice, maybe ill try your best choice, i might be missing something..
im off tomorrow to a large water to try out some new lures and a couple of new rods will update if anything interesting happens
ps.. you might wanna try this one...been spinning with large pike flys with roughly 20 grammes of lead at the top of the trace..letting them hit bottom then jerking them back in been having good results
anyway im off god luck with your lure fishing

Hello mate,

Im new to lure fishing and this forum, i started lure fishing on my local canal about october time, the first lure i got was the Storm one you are talking about, and still use it now, great lures. If i could only choose one though, it would have to be the Strike Pro Flex Phantom, the action on them is great!! had so many more takes on it.

Jack

dickjacksmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum