PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

price of live bait

+3
matt859
hurricane
tomthepiker
7 posters

Go down

price of live bait Empty price of live bait

Post  tomthepiker Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:40 pm

hi i know i cant say name of venues but im thinking of going to one tmw i just want to know price of live baits there, just wondering if anyones been to it before just so i know how much money i need, its down south (southampton area) quite well known begins with B and the bait are little trouts, private message me if you have anyidea what im talking about, or if anyone pays for live bait how much do you normally pay? Very Happy
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

price of live bait Empty Re: price of live bait

Post  hurricane Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi Tom, don"t know the venue you are going to but expect to pay anything from 50p to £1.50(or more)per bait.
Gailey(no longer day ticket) were 60p per trout last time I visited and they were so big if you did not catch you could have them for tea.
Shatterford(no pike only cats) were £1.20 each and were about the size of a gudgeon and did not live very long no matter how much care you took.
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:12 pm

cool sounds good gives me rough idea hurricane thanks for that Very Happy
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  hurricane Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Take some sort of net to keep them in,they don"t live long in a bucket without an aerator.They used to sell a handy one at poundland and when it gets chewed up by pike attacking it it"s not a big deal.
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:34 pm

unfortunately if you are going to a venue that will only let you use live bait purchased from them then you will have to pay what they say. There are thousands of match (commercial) puddles that do exactly the same thing with pellets. Fishing has become very commercial and profit making in the last five years and I guess the pike dominated venues are cashing in on it too by selling livebaits.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:41 pm

iv got a old net the pole has broken on it so il take that down dont mind if that gets half eaten lol! , ye matt il guess il just have to wait and see hopefully hurricane is good at guessing the prices lol!
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  bones16 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:15 pm

never heard of a place selling live bait before sounds good idea you always catch more with live than dead or i seem to good luck
bones16
bones16

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnym Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:28 pm

i know which water you are on about and i think last time my son went there they were about 1.50p which to me sounds a tad steep

johnnym

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:09 pm

those poundland nets are illegal its the reason fox dropped the version they sold Wink

a proper keep net would be better if your buying them as some of the baits ive bought are a tad too big for the little nets.
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hurricane Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:27 pm

noodle wrote:those poundland nets are illegal its the reason fox dropped the version they sold Wink

a proper keep net would be better if your buying them as some of the baits ive bought are a tad too big for the little nets.
http://www.nailorsfishing.co.uk/Pike,%20Catfish%20and%20Specimen%20Fishing/Unhooking%20Mats/Livebait-Nets/C4-130-202-1-0.htm#listing
Where did you get that info from,as these from Simon,although probably better made are almost identical and virtualy every cat angler I know uses one.
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:33 pm

hurricane wrote:
noodle wrote:those poundland nets are illegal its the reason fox dropped the version they sold Wink

http://www.nailorsfishing.co.uk/Pike,%20Catfish%20and%20Specimen%20Fishing/Unhooking%20Mats/Livebait-Nets/C4-130-202-1-0.htm#listing
Where did you get that info from,as these from Simon,although probably better made are almost identical and virtualy every cat angler I know uses one.

read your legislation on the use of keepnets

section 12 of the act should make it an easy find its 2.00m btw

but im not sure where a bucket comes in as ive never found anything on them Wink

Last edited by noodle on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot about brewers buckets)
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  hurricane Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:59 pm

I know the ea regs regarding keepnets,and technicaly in the same way as a bucket its not a keepnet but a livebait net,no provision has been made in the regs with regard to retaing fish for use as bait,unlike sacks wich could be deemed a keepnet where the rule is 1 fish per sack,I doubt a prossecution has or ever will be brought with regard to useing one of these nets.
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:58 pm

hurricane wrote:I know the ea regs regarding keepnets,and technicaly in the same way as a bucket its not a keepnet but a livebait net,no provision has been made in the regs with regard to retaing fish for use as bait,unlike sacks wich could be deemed a keepnet where the rule is 1 fish per sack,I doubt a prossecution has or ever will be brought with regard to useing one of these nets.

it is deemed a keep net hence fox removing them from sale Wink
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  hurricane Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:54 pm

OK Tom how much did the livies end up costing you pal?. Question
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:04 pm

well you wer pretty much right 90p each i suppose thats quite good price, they wer trout i didnt catch of them tho i caught of a dead bait which was bit annoying i liked the live baits now, can you buy them anymore from anywhere? cause i wouldnt mind doing it on a canal i go too
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

price of live bait Empty price of livebait

Post  doug6364 Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:08 pm

If i understand you right Tom, your not allowed to transfer fish from one place to another ( livebaits ). its illegal fella, so dont do it cause if your caught.................you will be shot at dawn !! lol!

Or am i totally barking up the wrong tree ??
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:11 pm

affraid good thing i asked lol! so its just basically catch where your fishing and use them then? (if your allowed to live bait)
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  hurricane Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:21 pm

tomthepiker wrote: affraid good thing i asked lol! so its just basically catch where your fishing and use them then? (if your allowed to live bait)
Spot on Tom,the trout on sale at certain fisheries have been bought from trout farms and have the relevent health certification.
Always best to check the rules about livies on the water before useing them it does vary a lot.
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:31 pm

cool well il definatley start to try get the little roach on the canal from now on, i went couple days ago dad caught little roach first time i used them couldnt believe how hard the pike hit them Very Happy shame they didnt do the same with the ones i bought today
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  hurricane Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:34 pm

tomthepiker wrote:cool well il definatley start to try get the little roach on the canal from now on, i went couple days ago dad caught little roach first time i used them couldnt believe how hard the pike hit them Very Happy shame they didnt do the same with the ones i bought today
Hope the ones you didn"t use are in the freezer.
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:43 pm

lol! no they turned into dead baits at end of the day so i gave a pike 4 easy meals, if i bring them home i always forget and leave them in the van and my van smells enough as it is without old fish in the back lol! lol!
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  hurricane Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:40 am

When on my syndicate water I always throw any baits from the hooks in as freebees and even do a bit of prebaiting.but at 90p each those trout would definately have gone home with me.
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down