PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spinning and Jigging for Perch

+4
Andy Macfarlane
noodle
matt859
fishder
8 posters

Go down

Spinning and Jigging for Perch Empty Spinning and Jigging for Perch

Post  fishder Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:55 am

Hi I am looking for information on Jigging for perch size of jigs what size of shads grubs and best lures for spinning for them . any info appreciated.

fishder

Back to top Go down

Spinning and Jigging for Perch Empty JIGS

Post  matt859 Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:42 pm

I would suggest that the smaller ondex spinners are good for Perch and any of the jelly worms rigged up texas style would account for good size Perch.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Spinning and Jigging for Perch Empty Re: Spinning and Jigging for Perch

Post  fishder Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:28 pm

Thanks Matt is texas style a weedless set up have you ever used shads with jig heads.

fishder

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:38 pm

well yeah its supposed to be weedless but is only about 50% effective. It involves pushing the hook all the way through then twisting it back round and putting the point of the hook back into the body further down. I dont fish as often with rubber shads as I used to but I do have some jig heads that I mix and match with various rubber bodies. Ive even adapted some so I can use a small treble instead.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:46 pm

what sort of weights are you after?

rods reels as well have you bought any or looking at buying them?

lure wise oh my what a world

kopyto 2inch shads
slice shads
jerkbaits
worms grubs ribbontails senkos and on
then you get onto the hard baits Very Happy

oh and i would never leave home without an ondex or three
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Spinning-wise, I can't see past red/gold Mepps Aglia Decoree.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:44 pm

I'm massive fan of the savage gear rotex spinners myself all the colours except the silver/orange 1
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Spinning and Jigging for Perch Empty Spinning for perch

Post  predatorpro Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:38 pm

Spinning for perch great sport,but dont be fooled by the word "spinning",there is a whole world of lures out there and if you limit yourself to just spinners you are missing out big time.I come from a bass ,(black bass) fishing background and have found that by slightly adapting tactics you can boat loads of perch.

I use shads on jig heads often,I have great success on Zoom Tiny flukes,its a split tail thin boddied shad that you need to impart action into by twitching your rod tip,ive even landed some nice pike on these tiny plastics,(i always fish with a trace,even when targeting perch),as for the texas rig there is a slightly different version called a "carolina rig",what you do is have a sliding weight,(held in position by a swivel), at about 30cm above your chosen plastic,you texas rig the platic,cast it out and let it sink,hop it back and let it sink again,so you create a lure that is suspending behind the sinker,when you feel the tap wait for the perch to swim off and set the hook.

Tight lines!

P.S youtube texasrigging and will see the exact way of how to rig the plastics
predatorpro
predatorpro

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:37 am

predatorpro wrote:Spinning for perch great sport,but dont be fooled by the word "spinning",there is a whole world of lures out there and if you limit yourself to just spinners you are missing out big time.I come from a bass ,(black bass) fishing background and have found that by slightly adapting tactics you can boat loads of perch.

I use shads on jig heads often,I have great success on Zoom Tiny flukes,its a split tail thin boddied shad that you need to impart action into by twitching your rod tip,ive even landed some nice pike on these tiny plastics,(i always fish with a trace,even when targeting perch),as for the texas rig there is a slightly different version called a "carolina rig",what you do is have a sliding weight,(held in position by a swivel), at about 30cm above your chosen plastic,you texas rig the platic,cast it out and let it sink,hop it back and let it sink again,so you create a lure that is suspending behind the sinker,when you feel the tap wait for the perch to swim off and set the hook.

Tight lines!

have you tried neko rigging yet?
amazing presentation when done properly sadly i have yet to do it properly Razz

P.S youtube texasrigging and will see the exact way of how to rig the plastics
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Spinning and Jigging for Perch Empty Neko rig

Post  predatorpro Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:15 pm

Hmmm,interesting take on the whacky worm,will deff give it a go next weekend!Thanks...
predatorpro
predatorpro

Back to top Go down

Post  craigpix2000 Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Spinning and Jigging for Perch 2012-04-15143145
Spinning and Jigging for Perch 2012-04-15143208
This is every thing i use for perch
The snap beans in the bottom picture are 1 of my favourites for perch but the kopyto shads are a good second i tend to use shads between 1" to 4" and never had a problem with hook ups
hrt chublet is another go to lure for me if im struggling allways seems to pull a fish in
the jig flys are really affective aswell but i only seem to get pike on them Laughing

as far as spinners/small spoons go im not a fan they just dont seem to work for me at all ive had days where ive really struggled then ive lent my mate a small spinner and he banked a 2lber on first cast so i let him keep the sodding thing lol
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:54 pm

I bought a savage gear perch kit and a small plug had nothing on the plug nothing on the small shads and one on the grub what retrieve do you think is best for shads?

Back to top Go down

Post  dave van dessel Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:13 pm

I usually use cranks up to 9 cm for perch but a 9cm shad will also do the trick they will even a tack things larger than themselves
dave van dessel
dave van dessel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum