PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bite alarm

4 posters

Go down

bite alarm Empty bite alarm

Post  fishder Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:20 am

Hi I have a couple off fox micron mark11 bite alarms one just stopped working, I thought it was the battery at first but this was not the case, I was wondering has anyone had similar problems with theese alarms any advice appreciated.

fishder

Back to top Go down

bite alarm Empty Re: bite alarm

Post  creamcake007 Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:28 am

could be anything mate, buy new ones Very Happy
creamcake007
creamcake007

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:20 am

Ive got the original micron mx 's from the 1990's. Superb alarms and ive never had a problem with them at all.

I think the newer ones have a few issues, so ive heard and arnt as robust as the originals...............................i could be wrong ? unless anyone knows differently.

doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:19 am

i have had a pair of micron m's for about 4 seasons now, and there have been ALOT of issues.............
BOTH-from the start the line gates didnt work properly (after several tests i discovered that the line gate would only release consistently if it was on a stiff arm instead of just wire).... after a few sessions i modified them with home made line clips attached to the gates and they now work alot better
BOTH-battery cover cracked on both due to weakness in the cover where the bankstick clips are attached
SINGLE ALARM-last season the part containing the line gate snapped off from the main head after dropping off the line (indicating a run) and hitting the bankstick... lots of superglue later and all is well again
BOTH-a few weeks ago i noticed that the insulation surrounding the wire at the speaker end had cracked sufficiently to be visible (probably due to the cold weather). both alarms now have several layers of duck tape over the insulation all the way from the speaker to the head.
so all in all i'm not too impressed with them..... although i have to add that they have NEVER failed to indicate a run despite all the issues. tbh if i had the cash i'd invest in a set of billys backbiters instead.
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum