PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pike Waters on the website

+14
stubbo
predatorpro
big pete
Richard Neath
Pilley
noodle
kell
greg
welsh piker
Andy Macfarlane
piketastic
hurricane
Eric Edwards
Andy Webster
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should pikeangler have pike waters on the website?

Pike Waters on the website - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Pike Waters on the website - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 8 ]
Pike Waters on the website - Page 2 Vote_lcap60%Pike Waters on the website - Page 2 Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

Pike Waters on the website - Page 2 Empty Re: Pike Waters on the website

Post  jimlad Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:43 pm

I'm quite the reverse. I have miles, literally many many miles of river largely to myself. In all honesty, not many people fish the vast amount of my river. Doesnt matter how much i publicise it, people stick to the free easy access stretches. If it takes a mile of walking to get to a stretch, then no one bothers!

I'm a happy man though - dawn mist, nobody around for miles, and potentially a 30 out there somewhere Very Happy
jimlad
jimlad

Back to top Go down

Pike Waters on the website - Page 2 Empty it all boils down to money in the end

Post  stubbo Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:09 am

going to keep it short on this.

1 theres not enough balliff to police the venues
2 the police dont give a toss
3 there not enough members ie PAC
4 People are put of going to these venues because of the numtys on there
5 theres just not enough money available to do anything about it

sorry to be negative on this but its the truth........

stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Neath Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:31 am

Stubbo, you're absolutely right though up here in the Highlands, I'd say the situation is a bit different. Being able to just park at the side of a loch and fish for pike is great but, to get away from the idiots, you have to be prepared to either trek for miles with your gear (which I can't do easily due to a knackered knee) or just keep going north, as far away as possible. Or, you have to put up with it.

The situation I've written about this time is a little different in that, I can still fish the water if I choose. Andy may be able add confirm this one way or the other but, as far as I know, in Scotland you can fish for wild coarse fish pretty much anywhere without permission or a permit. The issue is that someone has apparently 'bought the boat rights' on the loch and, as a result, has a key to the track (which is private) and I can't get vehicular access. I could walk the 3 miles to the water but with all the gear we need for a 3 day session, that's just not an option. I could cycle up to it and travel light, take 1 rod and the float tube for instance and I may well do that in the summer.

The thing that really pis*ed me off is that he has simply lumped me in with the other scumbags and denied me access to a water that I've fished for the last few years - no questions, no considerations, nothing. Even though he would never know I've been there - I never leave anything, not a used tea bag or even a matchstick. I bet if I offered him £500 a year he'd soon change his mind...
Richard Neath
Richard Neath

http://www.richardneath.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:14 am

Richard Neath wrote:Stubbo, you're absolutely right though up here in the Highlands, I'd say the situation is a bit different. Being able to just park at the side of a loch and fish for pike is great but, to get away from the idiots, you have to be prepared to either trek for miles with your gear (which I can't do easily due to a knackered knee) or just keep going north, as far away as possible. Or, you have to put up with it.

The situation I've written about this time is a little different in that, I can still fish the water if I choose. Andy may be able add confirm this one way or the other but, as far as I know, in Scotland you can fish for wild coarse fish pretty much anywhere without permission or a permit. The issue is that someone has apparently 'bought the boat rights' on the loch and, as a result, has a key to the track (which is private) and I can't get vehicular access. I could walk the 3 miles to the water but with all the gear we need for a 3 day session, that's just not an option. I could cycle up to it and travel light, take 1 rod and the float tube for instance and I may well do that in the summer.

The thing that really pis*ed me off is that he has simply lumped me in with the other scumbags and denied me access to a water that I've fished for the last few years - no questions, no considerations, nothing. Even though he would never know I've been there - I never leave anything, not a used tea bag or even a matchstick. I bet if I offered him £500 a year he'd soon change his mind...
its always been the case richard a few spoiling it for the rest cant see away round it other than it all goes private and you have pay on a daily or sydicate basis there again it boils down to money you are bang on in what your saying pal
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  jms248 Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:37 am

Been pike fishing for about a year now get day off and drive to all the places that are well highlighted on various websites and its true to say that on each occasion you get there it is full off rubbish empty beer cans dicarded line and the rest off the crap people leave lying around. Now i tend to use google earth more to find small lochs and set off to them might mean that i have to park up and walk a mile or 2 but what a differance you find when you get to a place and your not spending half an hour cleaning up other peoples rubbish and so much more enjoyable if you mannage to catch that fish Think other people on this site are right to be reluctant to share waters that they enjoy.A little bit of time and a lot of effort can go a long way to making a days fishing a good days fishing

Last edited by jms248 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
jms248
jms248

Back to top Go down

Post  Liverpool Piker Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:09 pm

I would like to know of some of the waters around the northwest area but if it causes more people to turn up and dammage the fish then possibly not . If the waters page was only available to members then it could remove people coming to the site as a guest and just taking the knowledge

Liverpool Piker

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:50 pm

i agree... theres too much of that going on... but even if it was members only you'd still get them, they'd just create accounts so they can see the info.
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum