PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yipeeeeeeeeeee

5 posters

Go down

yipeeeeeeeeeee Empty yipeeeeeeeeeee

Post  bigchris Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:11 pm

finally me bad run over,had my first outing, arrived at half six to find peg i wanted in bottom corner was well over grown couldnt get to it.should be ok in a bit when a few more people have been.so set up on left bank about 30yrds from corner in the tree,s which was handy cos it was throwin it down.well theyre hungy buggers it was run after run.i was using a ledger flat to bottom but with those attarctor flashes and beads on that i was on about,and used halved mackeral.in 3 hours netted and landed 4 in total,nothing massive biggest 11lb,but plenty of fight in them.and dint cost anything to fish either never saw balliff or anyone else fishing(bonus) Razz.think i may have to go again at end of week Cool

bigchris

Back to top Go down

yipeeeeeeeeeee Empty Re: yipeeeeeeeeeee

Post  Andy Macfarlane Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:57 pm

Good stuff. Keep it up mate.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Slidze Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:26 pm

**WOOT** bounce

Well done mate, bet you're well chuffed Very Happy
Slidze
Slidze

http://slidzenicely.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

yipeeeeeeeeeee Empty yipeeeeee

Post  bigchris Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:43 pm

oh im well impressed alright lol.going again fri morn,want the big boys this time,and it would be nice if the zander put in a show.but think im pushing me luck with that one Razz

bigchris

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:01 pm

Well done bigchris cheers

I know what it's like to have a dry run and the feeling you get when it's over.

How about a few piccies of your winning rig? Maybe you could learn us a thing or two?
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:28 pm

well done mate. glad you got a few. i have had a few zander up to 6lb15oz, but they have all come up to 2hrs after dark. might see you there soon. all the best. THE MAD BAD ANGLER

Back to top Go down

yipeeeeeeeeeee Empty rigs and pictures

Post  bigchris Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:34 am

yeah il get some pics sorted for ya no probs,and some of another rig idea ive got its a variation of a fixed lead bolt rig for carp,but beefed up for pike,but also will allow me to use single hooks.along the lines of esp wide gape or catfish.can anyone recommend a good treble hook,been using kamatsan,s and found yesterday they pretty crap when fish been on them they were bent.probably explains why i didnt land to many.lol

bigchris

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:58 pm

Red VMC Trebles (9649RD) from Tacklebargains are my choice of treble. Just drop the 'RD' from the code if you would rather have the plain version. I landed my 25 on them and they were no problem at all. Just a point about you bolt-rig. If you do intend to fish a bolt-rig, attach your weight to a paperclip or a rotten bottom or some means of dumping the weight in the event of a snag. To be honest, the idea of a bolt-rig for pike worries me a little but I guess a lot depends on the water you're fishing. The last thing you need is a break of for some reason and a pike towing a weight around but you probably knw that already. Dave Lumb has adopted the paperclip idea and he's seems quite happy with it, so you have assurances from the both of us. I'll put up a picture of my paperclip link and the trebles.

yipeeeeeeeeeee VMCLimitedEditionRedTrebles9649RD

yipeeeeeeeeeee BreakOut
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum