PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back leads

3 posters

Go down

Back leads Empty Back leads

Post  tomthepiker Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:18 pm

Just wondering if anyone uses back leads when ledgering Iv seen on tv thinking tackle quality programme haha he was using flying back leads for carp they reckon the line is really visible when not using them and puts a lot of fish off just thinking will it work for the pike the only problem I see is he has a really slack line and take a while to realise a bite?
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Back leads Empty Re: Back leads

Post  stubbo Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:58 am

tomthepiker wrote:Just wondering if anyone uses back leads when ledgering Iv seen on tv thinking tackle quality programme haha he was using flying back leads for carp they reckon the line is really visible when not using them and puts a lot of fish off just thinking will it work for the pike the only problem I see is he has a really slack line and take a while to realise a bite?
its just my oppinion but you should not need a back lead if you are using the right ledger wieght so you can keep your line tight enough to see a drop back or a normal run dont over complicate things tom Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:28 am

Ye it's all ledgered properly what I mean is the flying back lead lands 3 to 4 rod lengths away from your main lead and hooks etc so it anchors your line down on the ground so fish swim from all directions not hitting into any line or getting spooked by the sight of it I know some people never fish without doing wondered if any uses it on here
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:05 pm

tomthepiker wrote:Ye it's all ledgered properly what I mean is the flying back lead lands 3 to 4 rod lengths away from your main lead and hooks etc so it anchors your line down on the ground so fish swim from all directions not hitting into any line or getting spooked by the sight of it I know some people never fish without doing wondered if any uses it on here
think its more of a carp thing tom to be honest tom never had a problem with line bites when pike fishing in my oppinion pike are not as wary as carp as they are more fished for and do need a stealthy approach at times one example when i caught a pike a few years back on some braid line had it on for about 5 minutes nearly landed it twice the braid snapped with about 20 yards of braid and the trebles in its mouth gutted .Then my mate who was fishing about 50yards away caught my fish with braid and hooks twenty minutes later jammy or what and it took his bait fair and square in the mouth.... What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  plumb68 Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:04 pm

stubbo wrote:
tomthepiker wrote:Ye it's all ledgered properly what I mean is the flying back lead lands 3 to 4 rod lengths away from your main lead and hooks etc so it anchors your line down on the ground so fish swim from all directions not hitting into any line or getting spooked by the sight of it I know some people never fish without doing wondered if any uses it on here
think its more of a carp thing tom to be honest tom never had a problem with line bites when pike fishing in my oppinion pike are not as wary as carp as they are more fished for and do need a stealthy approach at times one example when i caught a pike a few years back on some braid line had it on for about 5 minutes nearly landed it twice the braid snapped with about 20 yards of braid and the trebles in its mouth gutted .Then my mate who was fishing about 50yards away caught my fish with braid and hooks twenty minutes later jammy or what and it took his bait fair and square in the mouth.... What a Face

Exactly the same thing happened to me, couldn't believe my mates trace was in its mouth, it was only about half an hour later too
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:03 am

think they have very short memory or the will to feed just takes over.....at least you got the hooks out of the fish Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum