PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peterborough/Fens Piking

4 posters

Go down

Peterborough/Fens Piking  Empty Peterborough/Fens Piking

Post  capt_wilko Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:13 pm

Hello eveyone.
Does anyone on here fish in the Peterborough/Fens area? I've been many times this season and it's turning out to be pretty disasterous so far and from the few anglers I've spoken to on the banks they seem to agree.

capt_wilko

Back to top Go down

Peterborough/Fens Piking  Empty Re: Peterborough/Fens Piking

Post  Eric Edwards Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Serious problems with poaching over there - on an undustrial scale. Many of the drains have been wiped out with nets and set lines. The pikers over there have got themselves organised but there's so much water they can't police it all and if they catch someone in the act they never get them to court because they just disappear back to where they came from.
Eric Edwards
Eric Edwards

Back to top Go down

Post  capt_wilko Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:07 am

I'd heard rumours that the poaching has got worse, but I never realised it had become that bad.

capt_wilko

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:11 am

capt_wilko wrote:I'd heard rumours that the poaching has got worse, but I never realised it had become that bad.
its getting worse dont think people realise how bad it is as soon as these people get wind of any pike there in there believe me..... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Edwards Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:02 pm

It's no different up here. Pennington Flash, Scotsman's Flash, Carr Mill Dam, they've all been hit. It's the biggest threat to our sport bar none.
Eric Edwards
Eric Edwards

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:27 pm

this really hits a nerve with me. for years we've kept our traditions Evil or Very Mad send the cnuts home for christs sake Mad
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:20 pm

rozzo wrote:this really hits a nerve with me. for years we've kept our traditions Evil or Very Mad send the cnuts home for christs sake Mad
to be honest its so easy for them there is no one really to stop them taking our fish once fishing pennington flash and this guy past me with a good pike in a aldi carrier bag i asked him what he was doing with the fish and he just threw his hands up in the air and muttered something in a foriegn tongue what chance have you got if there just blatently taking fish unchallenged.like i have said before it boils down to money and man power . Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum