PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pike fishing on: Lymm Dam and Pennington Flash

4 posters

Go down

Pike fishing on: Lymm Dam and Pennington Flash  Empty Pike fishing on: Lymm Dam and Pennington Flash

Post  Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:37 pm

hey everyone I'm new to the forum. I'm looking for information on two local waters: Lymm Dam and Pennington flash in Leigh. Any information on the two waters would be much appreciated. i always fish lures: jerkbaits, soft plastic and crank-baits etc. Never deadbaits (i think it takes the fun out of it)<- that is just my own opinion. Any information on: past experiences, locations, baits sizes, types of lures, and the pike themselves. I have somewhat limited information; so the more info the better. I generally fish the local river and canals.

Back to top Go down

Pike fishing on: Lymm Dam and Pennington Flash  Empty Re: Pike fishing on: Lymm Dam and Pennington Flash

Post  Eric Edwards Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:04 pm

We see this so many times. You really can't expect people to give up information which they've had to gain through giving up their own time and money to someone who pops up out of nowhere with a pseudonym.

Pennington Flash has been severely hit by foreign poachers - how do we know you're not a foreign poacher after a cheap meal or a few bob on the black market?

You'd do a lot better if you tried getting to know people first, your real name would be a good starting point.
Eric Edwards
Eric Edwards

Back to top Go down

Pike fishing on: Lymm Dam and Pennington Flash  Empty Re: Pike fishing on: Lymm Dam and Pennington Flash

Post  rozzo Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:05 pm

due to many fish thefts you won't see information about waters published here m8 Wink people are very cagey about info and rightly so,, too many big girls disappearing and being badly handled then turning up dead.
however you may receive pm's Cool
best way to find out about waters tho is to fish them and see.
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:20 pm

esoxthepowerful Its merely my username my name is Andrew but everyone calls me Andy.

I failed to state that I have fished both venues on and off over the past few years with very little luck. All i would like is little help to point me in the right direction.

I understand that people do not like to give out information without getting to know the people they're giving the info to. how can one get to know people without asking questions?

I am very aware that there is a serious poaching issues on Pennington flash as on many other waters that the local authorities have failed to solve

has for time i only have till the 21st January before i head back to university for the final semester. So time on the bank is limited because of course work.

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:09 pm

or is that when your visa runs out
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:53 pm

think it's, rather unfair that I'm being accused for being a foreign poacher (libel). You've based these accusations on what evidence? All I asked for was help from fellow Anglers'. (not to be attacked by bigoted idiots)

Last edited by EsoxThePowerful on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:15 pm

EsoxThePowerful wrote:I think it's, rather unfair that I'm being accused for being a foreign poacher (libel). You've based these accusations on what evidence? All I asked for was help from fellow Angler's. (not to be attacked my Bigoted idiots)
hang on pal have you no sence of humour we are a good bunch of lads on here we will help anyone but we need to know who we are talking to other than essox the powerful come on with a name like that you will get some stick on here chill out its christmas........ santa
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Wells the impression I got is different. I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to fishing for pike on local waters. I thought asking people on here would of been the best option. I'm trying to ask questions to get to know people. You're has much a stranger to me as I am to you.

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:33 pm

It would have helped if you had introduced yourself and let us know a bit about you before asking for information
We are very protective of our favourite fish and where the best places are to catch them Wink
Get to know the members a bit better and you will find they / we are a great bunch Wink

Try introducing yourself click here >>>> new member Introductions

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:41 pm

Thank you. I'll do that.

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:52 pm

EsoxThePowerful wrote:Wells the impression I got is different. I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to fishing for pike on local waters. I thought asking people on here would of been the best option. I'm trying to ask questions to get to know people. You're has much a stranger to me as I am to you.
no mate we all like a bit off a wind up on here ,how long have you been pike fishing or have you just started , do you fish for anything else ,carp,coarse,fish i am from warrington myself and fished most of the local places over the years , do you know there is a no naming policy on here andrew before you reply What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:15 pm

No I didn't know there was a no naming policy. I'm using a phone to write with the laptop finally gave up on me. My apologies for being rude. I didn't know what to expect when I signed up. I mainly do sea fishing. I've been Pike fishing since I was 12 but I didn't catch one for about 6 years after starting to fish for them.

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:23 pm

EsoxThePowerful wrote:No I didn't know there was a no naming policy. I'm using a phone to write with the laptop finally gave up on me. My apologies for being rude. I didn't know what to expect when I signed up. I mainly do sea fishing. I've been Pike fishing since I was 12 but I didn't catch one for about 6 years after starting to fish for them.

did you catch the 26lb on a lure or a dead/live bait......good fish
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:29 pm

Scad deadbait

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:38 pm

EsoxThePowerful wrote:Scad deadbait
you dont see those baits very often these days cant remember last time i used one my fav is trout popped up about a foot off the bottom. your into your lure fishing just bought some savage gear 3d eels they look the dogs not tried them yet....
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:47 pm

welcome aboard m8,, hope you weren't offended by my reply to your original post. i tried to be diplomatic then someone launched in all guns blazing lol. glass half empty and half full syndrome.
seriously tho i hope you remain in the group and catch loads of pike. just don't tell anyone where from in any of the public forums,, it's a real problem we're facing Wink
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down